Price of a golf round

JCole

20 hours ago, David Rakoczy said:

I am located in the Tristate Area and yes a lot of courses can be expensive,

There are some that are relatively affordable, such as Westwood (NJ) and Paxon Hollow(PA)

Then you have some of Jaworski’s courses that are insane, up too $135.00 on Weekends in the summer, such as Riverwinds and Blue Heron

I acquired the Victory Golf Pass, we golfed Seaview last year and it saved us about $200.00, for a 50.00 book it’s not to bad. Definitely worth it for the avid player.

Picture of Book attached!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I use Tee Time Golf Pass instead of Victory. Tee Time Offered more free rounds than Victory and donates to my Golf Outing I coordinate, organize, and run. 

I too am located in the Tri-State area. If you’re looking for some deals on another site, try Group Golfer. This week they have Broad Run Golfer’s Course in West Chester, PA for $60. This is a 50% discount depending when you use it. Valid for use until mid-April 2025. They have different course deals every 3-5 days. Group Golfer got my golf league a $30 round at Linfield National earlier in the year. Great deal when most courses are averaging $70-90/round on weekends these days.

I also do those flash deals on Tee Off, a third party tee time reservation site. Playing Hopewell Valley for $40 this weekend. Saving me $20 or so for the round. 

- TK

On 8/30/2024 at 8:15 AM, TK_ said:

I use Tee Time Golf Pass instead of Victory. Tee Time Offered more free rounds than Victory and donates to my Golf Outing I coordinate, organize, and run. 

I too am located in the Tri-State area. If you’re looking for some deals on another site, try Group Golfer. This week they have Broad Run Golfer’s Course in West Chester, PA for $60. This is a 50% discount depending when you use it. Valid for use until mid-April 2025. They have different course deals every 3-5 days. Group Golfer got my golf league a $30 round at Linfield National earlier in the year. Great deal when most courses are averaging $70-90/round on weekends these days.

I also do those flash deals on Tee Off, a third party tee time reservation site. Playing Hopewell Valley for $40 this weekend. Saving me $20 or so for the round. 

Just did the Group Golfer for Broad Run! Hope it happens. How does it work? Do a certain amount of people need to buy it?

Ping Driver, Calloway Irons, Odyssey putter. Chasing the Ace!

On 9/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, David Rakoczy said:

Just did the Group Golfer for Broad Run! Hope it happens. How does it work? Do a certain amount of people need to buy it?

Group Golfer is great.  Yes normally it just requires a minimum number of passes be purchased, and then the deal is on. Only real restriction for my use is on weekends most of the time you can't use the passes till after 11am-1pm, depending on the course.  I use it regularly here in Ohio.   It's a good way to test a course for cheap.  I just purchased four passes for $28 a piece.  We'll play it now, and then if it comes up again(assuming the course is in decent shape)  we(my 2 brothers, and I) will purchase 3 sets of four passes,  for next year. It's literally 3 rounds for the price of two.  Average here at publics, is $44-$48 for 18 and a cart.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I have been living in the UK for the last couple years and can offer a little insight possibly of interest to those travelling here for golf vacations. We all want to play the Open Rota courses. I played Royal St. George’s for Labor Day because everyone here had to work. Was it nice? It was really nice. Was it $400 nice? Once. There are a number of other course for far less that are just as good. Royal Cinque Ports or Prince’s have hosted Open Championships and are right next door. The price of the “bucket list” courses is thru the roof. The courses know darn well that mostly us Americans will fork over whatever it takes to play something we saw on tv. The Old Course goes well above that of course. Local advice is go ahead and pay for the one or two you absolutely have to play and for the rest of your time find the hidden gems. 

Golf-aholism: Not the worst habit.

Checked a very nice course here.

It's $44 greens fees and $35 for cart.

They have a yearly membership. Single about $1,500 with cart per year.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

It seems like golf is in an interesting time. It is both growing in popularity while becoming more and more cost prohibitive. 

There's a whole class of people that grew up around country clubs and golf that won't be able to afford that lifestyle. 

I'm wondering where this ends. More public courses? More discount memberships as opposed to private clubs?

Rasmanian Devil

Paradym Driver, 3W HL, 2 hybrid

Titleist t300 irons

Kirkland wedges 

Odyssey Tri-Hot double wide putter