Footjoy Hyperflex Carbon BOA: My review

New member here and wanted to review one of my new items that I have actually gotten to try out on the course. Would love feedback from people as this will be my first review. Sorry I don't have pictures of the shoes on the course yet, wasn't a member yet when I wore these and didn't take a picture of them on. Will update with pictures next time I am out! Thanks everyone!

I received these shoes as a birthday gift from my girlfriend to replace my old pair of Adidas golf shoes that left my feet sore, blistered, and raw in spots. We went to a local golf shop and I tried out 16 different pairs of shoes with differing brands, styles, and features. My main goal was to find a pair of shoes that were comforatable for 18 holes, as a former chef and current production manager, I understand the need for comforatable shoes when standing long hours, especially when trying to play 18 after a long week of work.

Style: 8.5/10

Not going to lie, when my girlfriend handed me these shoes, I was too keen on the aestetics of the double strap look over the top. I did really like the side profile with the raised support for the BOA system. The side profile and knit upper makes these shoes look very modern, and a nice blend of a running shoes with traditional golf shoe styles. The only knock is on the straps, which grew on me once I used the BOA system the first time. When I purchased these were only available in black or white. Would be nice to see other color options for this shoe.

Comfort: 10/10

These shoes have a large toe box which was very noticeable when comparing so many pairs of shoes head to head. Walking in these left my feet feeling like they could breathe, but could also sense the sides of the shoes. The toe box was the largest on the shoes I tested without feeling sloppy or loose by any means. The knit upper on these might be my favorite feature. Never having any pinching from a traditional tongue and laces through swings or missteps has been a very nice change in my golf games. The BOA system on the Hyperflex Carbon being set to one side instead of traditional lace up style really let's the shoes hug your feet without feeling like the sides of the shoes are closing in on your feet. I think these were the best BOA system I tried on as well, they felt more like a custom fit to my foot than the other BOA system shoes.

Functionality: 9/10

These shoes will fit to your foot how you would like them too, the BOA system design on this shoe really allows to you get a perfectly fitted shoe with no pinching or pulling on your feet. It was hands down the best BOA system I tried and really lent the shoe to be a custom feeling fit. The spikes are grippy and hold you down well, making these great for people who enjoy early morning tee times or play where it rains alot more than normal. As a newer golfer, I'll sometimes have a tendency to "swing out of my shoes" on long par 4's and par 5's and with these I felt securely planted to the ground all the way through my swings, which led to better contact on long drives. The waterproofing seems to work very well, we had a little rain while playing and my feet stayed dry the whole time. The large toe box on the shoe does allow your feet to slide a little bit on awkward stances while swinging,  but I found tightening the BOA system a little bit more than you prefer on these swings helps to alleviate some of that.

Conclusion: 9.2/10

These are excellent golf shoes for anyone looking for a comforatable and fitted shoe. The BOA system construction with the wide toe box let's you really customize these shoes to match your preferred fit without becoming too tight on the sides or top of your feet. Whether you're a casual golfer or a die hard playing multiple times a week, these shoes are equipped to give you the best performance and comfort you could ever need from a golf shoe.

SmartSelect_20240801_210857_Snapchat.jpg

Dr- Wilson Launchpad 

3w,4&5H,6i-PW-Strata

52°, 56°, 60°- Bombtech

P- Cleveland Frontline Elite Cero 35"

• 1 month later...

I know this is a older thread, but were these shoes true to size.    Thanks

Ping 410 +

TM M6 3w

TM M6 5w

TM Stealth 2 4h

TM P790

TM Grind 2 50.9

TM 54.10

Vokey 58.10s

Scotty Newport Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Ball: Titleist Tour Soft, TM Soft Response Yellow

1 hour ago, CPP said:

I know this is a older thread, but were these shoes true to size.    Thanks

Yes, I wear an 11 in normal sneakers and the 11s on these fit perfect, if anything the toe box is a bit wider than normal sneakers.

Dr- Wilson Launchpad 

3w,4&5H,6i-PW-Strata

52°, 56°, 60°- Bombtech

P- Cleveland Frontline Elite Cero 35"