Unofficial First Impression: 2025 Adidas Codechaos Spikeless Golf Shoe

Ollie Sharp

After over 600km of tracked walking in my FootJoy Alpha Tours, they've started to pack it in. So I decided to grab a set of the 2025 Adidas Codechaos spikeless shoes and give them a whirl over the summer months down here in Sydney, Australia.

The FJs were ok when I bought them new, but most places in Australia that sell them can only supply the wide fit, which didn't really suit my mid-width foot size. After the break in period they stretched and bagged out a bit, which is not uncommon for pleather, but it did mean that my FJs from that point forwards were just too big. They also felt relatively heavy in comparison to other shoes but at the time of buying them I was happy to look past that because I was liking the stability they provided.

But I can't say I will go back to the FJ Alphas and I was keen to give Adidas a crack again. I did have a set of the 2024 Tour 360s in my sights but then the 2025 Codechaos was released on 1st October and I was hooked on the Lucid Lemon colour way. It should probably be clarified that I've always been a spike/cleat golf shoe style player and thought spikeless wasn't really a thing. So here I am with a new pair of spikeless golf shoes...

This isn't an official review and I'm going to bullet-point some first impressions below. After a few rounds I'll follow up this thread with additional thoughts and images, and I'd be keen to hear your thoughts if you have some as well.

The Shoe:

Adidas Codechaos 2025 Spikeless Golf Shoe - Size US 11.5

First Impressions:

• Fit: I used to run in Adidas shoes and always wore a size US 11.5 so I can safetly and honestly confirm that Adidas have kept to their shoe sizing for familiriaty. These Codechaos shoes fit true to size for me and they feel quite sports-shoe-like when you slide a foot in.
  • Feel: Once the shoe is on it feels lighter than my outgoing FJ Alphas. The Codechaos provides a heap of support under the foot and through arch, which surprised me because they give off the appearance that they're going to be overly flexible like a pair of flip-flips/thongs.
  • Lightstrike: I thought this feature was going to be pure marketing guff, but whatever they're inserted into the structure of the shoe provides a heap of support in the right areas when swinging through the ball. They have just the right amounts of twist and roll to pivot and turn.
  • BOOST: Probably the feature I'm most concerned about longer term is the Boost component. Previous Adidas running shoes that featured boost would dirty up quickly and bag out, and that was from pounding the pavement, not walking down fairways, rough and the more than occasional hazard area to collect a wayward ball. The boost integration in the Codechaos feels great at new, but I'm curious to see how this pans out over time.
  • Colour: Adidas nailed the colourways this year for the Codechaos, design too. Sure there's a space for the traditional looking shoe on the course, but it's summer Downunder now and it's time to whip out the colour!
  • Grip: This one has surprised me so far. I thought spikeless meant a loss in connection to the ground, but now I'm starting to realise that may not be the case. The sole design on the Codechaos provides grip just like spikes/cleats. Keen to see how the sole wears over time and how easy it will be to clean as well!
  • Outer: Adidas claim it's a waterproof outer, which is super neat. It's almost like some sort of resin that covers the toe and upper area of the shoe. But as I don't really expect to play in a lot of rain over the coming months it'll be interesting to see how this outer affects breathability in the hotter conditions.
  • Design: Funky! The Codechaos has running-shoe kind of vibes. It's also sleeker and less bulkier than the FJ Alphas I've been wearing. I'm digging them so far.
  • Laces: Early thoughts here are that they are a bit of an afterthought. They've going to dirty up pretty quickly because they're just cheap fabric weave. I wish Adidas had of included some laces that were made from materials that were less inclined to soak up moisture and dirt. On the flip-side, pulling them out to clean in a bucket of hot napisan won't be too difficult!

Images from out of the box (below):

P1003978.JPG

P1003979.JPG

P1003980.JPG

P1003981.JPG

P1003982.JPG

P1003983.JPG

P1003984.JPG

P1003985.JPG

Edited by Ollie Sharp
Updated an impression.

:ping-small: G430 10K Driver - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Red 6.5 65g - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: G430 Max 5-wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Red 6.5 70g - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: G430 4-Hybrid - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Red 6.0 HY 80g - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: i230 UW-6 Irons Blue Dot 1/2” Longer - True Temper 120 S300 - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: i530 5-4 Irons Blue Dot 1/2" Longer - True Temper S300 - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: s159 54 & 58 Blue Dot 1/2" Wedges - True Temper S300 - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:scotty-cameron-1:Squareback 2  - GP Reverse Taper Pistol Large
:ping-small: Hoofer stand bag
:titleist-small: ProV1 preferred - but highly impressed by 2024 TaylorMade TP5x balls!
Garmin Epix Gen 2 + CT10 Sensors + Approach Z30

2 hours ago, Ollie Sharp said:

After over 600km of tracked walking in my FootJoy Alpha Tours, they've started to pack it in. So I decided to grab a set of the 2025 Adidas Codechaos spikeless shoes and give them a whirl over the summer months down here in Sydney, Australia.

The FJs were ok when I bought them new, but most places in Australia that sell them can only supply the wide fit, which didn't really suit my mid-width foot size. After the break in period they stretched and bagged out a bit, which is not uncommon for pleather, but it did mean that my FJs from that point forwards were just too big. They also felt relatively heavy in comparison to other shoes but at the time of buying them I was happy to look past that because I was liking the stability they provided.

But I can't say I will go back to the FJ Alphas and I was keen to give Adidas a crack again. I did have a set of the 2024 Tour 360s in my sights but then the 2025 Codechaos was released on 1st October and I was hooked on the Lucid Lemon colour way. It should probably be clarified that I've always been a spike/cleat golf shoe style player and thought spikeless wasn't really a thing. So here I am with a new pair of spikeless golf shoes...

This isn't an official review and I'm going to bullet-point some first impressions below. After a few rounds I'll follow up this thread with additional thoughts and images, and I'd be keen to hear your thoughts if you have some as well.

The Shoe:

Adidas Codechaos 2025 Spikeless Golf Shoe - Size US 11.5

First Impressions:

• Fit: I used to run in Adidas shoes and always wore a size US 11.5 so I can safetly and honestly confirm that Adidas have kept to their shoe sizing for familiriaty. These Codechaos shoes fit true to size for me and they feel quite sports-shoe-like when you slide a foot in.
  • Feel: Once the shoe is on it feels lighter than my outgoing FJ Alphas. The Codechaos provides a heap of support under the foot and through arch, which surprised me because they give off the appearance that they're going to be overly flexible like a pair of flip-flips/thongs.
  • Lightstrike: I thought this feature was going to be pure marketing guff, but whatever they're inserted into the structure of the shoe provides a heap of support in the right areas when swinging through the ball. They have just the right amounts of twist and roll to pivot and turn.
  • BOOST: Probably the feature I'm most concerned about longer term is the Boost component. Previous Adidas running shoes that featured boost would dirty up quickly and bag out, and that was from pounding the pavement, not walking down fairways, rough and the more than occasional hazard area to collect a wayward ball. The boost integration in the Codechaos feels great at new, but I'm curious to see how this pans out over time.
  • Colour: Adidas nailed the colourways this year for the Codechaos, design too. Sure there's a space for the traditional looking shoe on the course, but it's summer Downunder now and it's time to whip out the colour!
  • Grip: This one has surprised me so far. I thought spikeless meant a loss in connection to the ground, but now I'm starting to realise that may not be the case. The sole design on the Codechaos provides grip just like spikes/cleats. Keen to see how the sole wears over time and how easy it will be to clean as well!
  • Outer: Adidas claim it's a waterproof outer, which is super neat. It's almost like some sort of resin that covers the toe and upper area of the shoe. But as I don't really expect to play in a lot of rain over the coming months it'll be interesting to see how this outer affects breathability in the hotter conditions.
  • Design: Funky! The Codechaos has running-shoe kind of vibes. It's also sleeker and less bulkier than the FJ Alphas I've been wearing. I'm digging them so far.
  • Laces: Early thoughts here are that they are a bit of an afterthought. They've going to dirty up pretty quickly because they're just cheap fabric weave. I wish Adidas had of included some laces that were made from materials that were less inclined to soak up moisture and dirt. On the flip-side, pulling them out to clean in a bucket of hot napisan won't be too difficult!

Images from out of the box (below):

P1003978.JPG

P1003979.JPG

P1003980.JPG

P1003981.JPG

P1003982.JPG

P1003983.JPG

P1003984.JPG

P1003985.JPG

You kinda beat me to it. I bought these and am going to add to this. I have loved these shoes and been really impressed with a few particular aspects of them. 

I walk 99% of my rounds and these have been a highlight purchase for me this season.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You kinda beat me to it. I bought these and am going to add to this. I have loved these shoes and been really impressed with a few particular aspects of them. 

I walk 99% of my rounds and these have been a highlight purchase for me this season.

Stoked to hear! I’m a walker too. How many rounds in are you and has anything caught your attention? Appreciate the response!

:ping-small: G430 10K Driver - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Red 6.5 65g - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: G430 Max 5-wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Red 6.5 70g - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: G430 4-Hybrid - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Red 6.0 HY 80g - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: i230 UW-6 Irons Blue Dot 1/2” Longer - True Temper 120 S300 - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: i530 5-4 Irons Blue Dot 1/2" Longer - True Temper S300 - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:ping-small: s159 54 & 58 Blue Dot 1/2" Wedges - True Temper S300 - Lamkin Crossline Mid
:scotty-cameron-1:Squareback 2  - GP Reverse Taper Pistol Large
:ping-small: Hoofer stand bag
:titleist-small: ProV1 preferred - but highly impressed by 2024 TaylorMade TP5x balls!
Garmin Epix Gen 2 + CT10 Sensors + Approach Z30

1 hour ago, Ollie Sharp said:

Stoked to hear! I’m a walker too. How many rounds in are you and has anything caught your attention? Appreciate the response!

6 or 7 rounds in? Lots of hills here in Switzerland.

Biggest thing I noticed so far is improved long term comfort over the Codechaos 22. Less foot fatigue and a maybe a slight bit wider toe box.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more