Sign up Closed: 2023 Forum Member Test: The Edison Challenge featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,609 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Edison

The Edison Challenge: Featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Our picks for Most Wanted Wedges were just released and it just so happens we have one of the contestants in line for member testing!  We are very excited to be looking for four testers to test, review, compare and keep two Edison 2.0 wedges. 

Edison makes some bold claims with their Edison 2.0 wedge, claiming the “Koehler Sole” is the most versatile sole in the category offering a “high bounce angle in the front of the sole with a low bounce angle on the rear portion.”  They also claim to be forgiving and better suited to the amateur golfer.  “Instead of catering to the needs of tour pros, the EDISON 2.0 wedges were designed around the way you play the game. They have the most efficient distribution of clubhead mass in the category to deliver unmatched distance control and forgiveness for any level golfer – with added spin and more penetrating trajectories a likely bonus.”

Bottom line: Edison feels their wedges “deliver more forgiveness, improved distance control and enhanced spin, all without compromising precision, feel, or versatility.” 

We want you to put these claims to the test to let us know how these wedges not only perform over the testing period but also how they perform against your current wedges.  The Edison 2.0 wedges are offered in lofts from 45 to 60 degrees with the option to have the lie angle adjusted to best fit your swing. Edison offers two premium shafts as stock options, KBS Tour steel shafts (110R and 120S) and KBS PGI graphite shafts (70,80, and 90). The Lamkin Crossline in standard or midsize is their stock grip.

image.png

image.png image.png

***Want to take part in the Edison Challenge!? Great!  Head over the Wedgefit Tool and fill out the form.  Post your results in the comments section below and let us know about your 2-wedge setup!***

image.png

Also of note, test is being brought to us via some help from our very own @Josh Ross who recently took a role with Edison!  He's offered to help answer any questions you may have during the application process, and will be helping to organize the challenges with us after testers are selected! 

We are looking for 4 testers to test out the Edison 2.0 wedges! 

This test is open to US Residents and is Right-Hand Only.  

Selected testers will be fit using Edison's Wedgefit form online and will be testing 2 wedges each.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

181 Comments

I have been eyeing a set of Edison wedges for a long time, but have been reluctant to purchase because it is a bit pricey for me. I would love the opportunity to test them!

Here is my Wedgefit result:

Your matched set of 3 EDISON 2.0 wedges:
49° loft, KBS PGI 80
53° loft, KBS PGI 80
57° loft, KBS PGI 80

Your matched set of 4 EDISON 2.0 wedges:
45° loft, KBS PGI 80
49° loft, KBS PGI 80
53° loft, KBS PGI 80
57° loft, KBS PGI 80

Shaft Recommendation: KBS PGI 80
Flex Recommendation: Regular
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

For a two-wedge setup, I'd love to try these:

49° loft, KBS PGI 80
53° loft, KBS PGI 80

Thank you for the opportunity!

Male/Female: Male
Where you live: 53045
Your handicap: 11 - 15
Rounds Annually: Less than 20 but I do have a simulator and practice everyday.

53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

Hey everyone, lots of posts here listing 3 and 4 set makeups from the Wedgefit tool, and that’s great to see, but the testing opportunity is for 2 sticks.  So, you also need to specify the exact 2 wedges you propose to test.  Some might want to go in and edit their posts.

Good luck everyone!

If I was chosen, I'd go with a 54 (a 53 deg bent back to 54 so it has more bounce) and 59.

I'll be comparing these on my GC3 too so I can see spin and dispersion. 

I'll compare to Kirkland's (just for fun) and T.MG3

The tool should probably ask if we have a matching gap wedge.  

Here is my results: 

Male/Female: Male

Your handicap: 16 

Rounds Annually: 21 - 40

What's In Your Bag

Your irons: Modern Player's Blade

Custom Fitted: Yes

Your specifications:

Length: Standard

Lie Angle: 2° Upright

Grip: Lamkin

Grip Size: Standard

Your 9-iron loft: 39

Your PW loft: 44

Shaft: Material: Std Weight Steel

Shaft Flex: Stiff

What brand of wedges do you currently play?: TaylorMade

Your highest loft wedge: 60/61

Your wedge shafts: Standard steel it came with

Your wedges' age: 1 - 3 years

About Your Game

9-iron carry distance: More than 140 yards

Full swing wedges/rd: 6 to 9

Trajectories Trend: About right

Misses trend: Short

Spin, full: Pretty good

Turf: It varies

Bunker sand texture: Generally rather firm

Your recommended Edison Forged wedges

48° loft, KBS Tour 120

52° loft, KBS Tour 120

56° loft, KBS Tour 120

48° loft, KBS Tour 120

52° loft, KBS Tour 120

56° loft, KBS Tour 120

60° loft, KBS Tour 120

Shaft Recommendation: KBS Tour 120

Flex Recommendation: Stiff

Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

Length: Standard Lie Angle: 2° Upright

Very interested to try 

50° loft, KBS PGI 80
54° loft, KBS PGI 80
58° loft, KBS PGI 80

46° loft, KBS PGI 80
50° loft, KBS PGI 80
54° loft, KBS PGI 80
58° loft, KBS PGI 80

With Edison claiming their wedges “deliver more forgiveness, improved distance control and enhanced spin, all without compromising precision, feel, or versatility.”   How could anyone not be willing to at least try these out.

I currently have Cleveland CG14 Chrome Wedge 54 with 9 degrees of bounce, and the Cleveland 588 RTX Chrome Wedge 58 with 12 degrees of bounce.   Being that I've been playing them for 10 and 5 years respectively, I believe that it's time for a change.   Whether I get selected as a test or not, I will be replacing both of these in the next year.

I really love my CG14, but have could take or leave the 588 RTX.   The best part of my overall game is my short game, although tight lies are my downfall in this area.

If selected for the Edison 2-wedge test, I would prefer a setup of 55 and 59.

Wishing everyone good luck!

Your matched set of 3 EDISON 2.0 wedges
3 Wedge Loft Selection: 51º, 55º, 59º
Length and Lie Angle: Standard
Shaft Selection: KBS PGI 80 - R Flex
Grip Selection: Lamkin Crossline 360‚ Grey - Midsize

I currency use Ben Hogan Equalizer 56 and 60 degre wedges, and usually swap between my 52 degree wedge between Renegar RxF and Cleveland CG14. However, I recently received a Sub70 286 50 degree wedge that I’ll put into play this week. Very interested to see how this wedge compares with the others I play. 

I completed the WedgeFit assessment and their recommended wedge setup was very similar to my current wedges:

50° loft, KBS Tour 120
54° loft, KBS Tour 120
58° loft, KBS Tour 120
Length: Standard    Lie Angle: 2° Flat

My short game wedge play is an important part of my game. Therefore, I’m excited about the opportunity to test out these wedges. 

They seemed to have toned down the V sole over the years. I had a mid grind V sole in my RTX4 56 degree and I hated that thing in the bunkers. It would just skim and I couldn't get it to dig at all. I've tried the SCOR wedges from TK in the past and I've liked the feel, but the versatility wasn't there in the 60. Would love to give these a go!

Your recommended Edison Forged wedges

Click any link to purchase

47° loft, KBS Tour 110
51° loft, KBS Tour 110
55° loft, KBS Tour 110

47° loft, KBS Tour 110
51° loft, KBS Tour 110
55° loft, KBS Tour 110
59° loft, KBS Tour 110

I doubt these can compete with my current Vokeys, especially in the high lofts.  I'm always open minded though, excluding any Hammer driver or Pyramid putter of course.

From Edison:

49 loft, KBS Tour 120 stiff

53 loft, KBS Tour 120 stiff

57 loft, KBS Tour 120 stiff

According to the WedgeFit Tool:

54° loft, KBS Tour 120
58° loft, KBS Tour 120

Having played the previous version, I'd like to see how the new ones stack up especially in the feel department. 

Here’s my Wedgefit info

47° loft, KBS Tour 120
51° loft, KBS Tour 120
55° loft, KBS Tour 120

47° loft, KBS Tour 120
51° loft, KBS Tour 120
55° loft, KBS Tour 120
59° loft, KBS Tour 120

[NOTE: EDISON 2.0 wedges are engineered to odd-number lofts only, but we can deliver even numbered lofts by weakening the lower number, i.e. a "50" loft will actually have "49" on the bottom, but it has been tweaked to 50.]

Shaft Recommendation: KBS Tour 120
Flex Recommendation: Stiff
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

This Test is now closed to further comments.