Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sign up Closed: 2023 Forum Member Test: The Edison Challenge featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,609 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Edison

The Edison Challenge: Featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Our picks for Most Wanted Wedges were just released and it just so happens we have one of the contestants in line for member testing!  We are very excited to be looking for four testers to test, review, compare and keep two Edison 2.0 wedges. 

Edison makes some bold claims with their Edison 2.0 wedge, claiming the “Koehler Sole” is the most versatile sole in the category offering a “high bounce angle in the front of the sole with a low bounce angle on the rear portion.”  They also claim to be forgiving and better suited to the amateur golfer.  “Instead of catering to the needs of tour pros, the EDISON 2.0 wedges were designed around the way you play the game. They have the most efficient distribution of clubhead mass in the category to deliver unmatched distance control and forgiveness for any level golfer – with added spin and more penetrating trajectories a likely bonus.”

Bottom line: Edison feels their wedges “deliver more forgiveness, improved distance control and enhanced spin, all without compromising precision, feel, or versatility.” 

We want you to put these claims to the test to let us know how these wedges not only perform over the testing period but also how they perform against your current wedges.  The Edison 2.0 wedges are offered in lofts from 45 to 60 degrees with the option to have the lie angle adjusted to best fit your swing. Edison offers two premium shafts as stock options, KBS Tour steel shafts (110R and 120S) and KBS PGI graphite shafts (70,80, and 90). The Lamkin Crossline in standard or midsize is their stock grip.

image.png

image.png image.png

***Want to take part in the Edison Challenge!? Great!  Head over the Wedgefit Tool and fill out the form.  Post your results in the comments section below and let us know about your 2-wedge setup!***

image.png

Also of note, test is being brought to us via some help from our very own @Josh Ross who recently took a role with Edison!  He's offered to help answer any questions you may have during the application process, and will be helping to organize the challenges with us after testers are selected! 

We are looking for 4 testers to test out the Edison 2.0 wedges! 

This test is open to US Residents and is Right-Hand Only.  

Selected testers will be fit using Edison's Wedgefit form online and will be testing 2 wedges each.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

181 Comments

Picked or not, added to my list to test, when replacing my wedges soon.

Look great and technology sounds promising.

Your recommended EDISON 2.0 wedges

53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

Shaft Recommendation: KBS Tour 110
Flex Recommendation: Regular
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline Standard

Length: -.5"    Lie Angle: 1° Flat

Would be stoked to try some Edison Wedges! Spent a lot of time the last 6 months tuning up my short game and am ready for a wedge upgrade. My PW is 48.5 so the two for me would be the 53 and 57. 

image.png.61086a999656b0f854f47280c1bae6e1.png

Age 71,  8.3 index at tough La Paloma CC in Tucson which will be the home of the 2024 Cologuard Classic.   I am a research academic MD and will give a thorough evidence based review !  Impressed with the Wedgefit concept.  

Have been working with a short game coach for 2-1/2 years and really learned some neat tricks and the importance of getting it close from 100 yards in.  Have done the whole Vokey and TM thing, currently gaming the TM MG 4 TW grinds  !

Would love to see if the Edison Wedges can outperform !

I currently game a Vokey 56° (custom gift - not sure of which model) and 60° SM8

My recommendations were:

Your matched set of 3 EDISON 2.0 wedges:
49° loft, KBS Tour 120
53° loft, KBS Tour 120
57° loft, KBS Tour 120

Look forward to testing 

Would love to win these wedges!  Have been wanting to try them but waiting until it’s the to change out current set

49° loft, KBS Tour 110
53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

Been interested in Edison for quite some time, currently playing a single RTX 6 Zipcore Black for anything under 100 yds, to force myself to get better at being creative...

Would love to see how the Edisons match up in both versatility around the green, and flight/stopping power on full shots compared to the RTX6.

Preferred Two-wedge setup based on wedgefit:

53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

These testing opportunities are so incredible. Shout out to the incredible My Golf Spy crew that keeps bringing these out! I had actually never really heard of Edison until I just did the Wedge Analysis. Pretty cool to have this tech backing up your short game. I loved doing my wedge test/review so congrats to whomever gets this one!

I don't know a ton about Edison but excited at a potential opportunity. I love my Cleveland wedges but I am not getting the spin out of them that I want. Here's my Wedge Fit. I currently have a PW at 45 loft, a 52 Vokey wedge that I just bought used and a 56 & 60 Cleveland CG14.

image.png.9d0fd41b37e976aab9315e7287813dc4.png

Currently playing Ping i210s in pitching and gap wedges, and Cleveland RTX Zipcores in sand and lob wedges. Been hearing about Edison wedges for a while and would love to give them a try!

49° loft, KBS Tour 120
53° loft, KBS Tour 120
57° loft, KBS Tour 120

I am interested in the test. I use the Ping 710 UW(49) and Ping glide2 (54) Both have helped to make my approach and short games better but not really good. Looking to improve the consistency mostly. Looking for the 52 and 56 with medium grips. Best of luck to all who are chosen.

Your Personal Profile

Name: Peter Lacasse
Email: [email protected]
Male/Female: Male
Where you live: 02019
Your handicap: 16 - 20
Rounds Annually: 21 - 40

What's In Your Bag

Your irons: Game Improvement Design

Custom Fitted: No
Your 9-iron loft: 39
Your PW loft: 44
Shaft: Material: Std Weight Steel
Shaft Flex: Stiff

What brand of wedges do you currently play?: Ping 710 and Glide 2
Your highest loft wedge: 56/57
Your wedge shafts: Standard steel it came with
Your wedges' age: 1 - 3 years

About Your Game

9-iron carry distance: 130-140
Full swing wedges/rd: 3 to 6
Trajectories Trend: About right
Misses trend: Short
Spin, full: Pretty good
Turf: Usually soft
Bunker sand texture: It varies

Your recommended Edison Forged wedges

Click any link to purchase

48° loft, KBS Tour 120
52° loft, KBS Tour 120
56° loft, KBS Tour 120

Your matched set of 4 EDISON 2.0 wedges:
48° loft, KBS Tour 120
52° loft, KBS Tour 120
56° loft, KBS Tour 120
60° loft, KBS Tour 120

[NOTE: EDISON 2.0 wedges are engineered to odd-number lofts only, but we can deliver even numbered lofts by weakening the lower number, i.e. a "50" loft will actually have "49" on the bottom, but it has been tweaked to 50.]

Shaft Recommendation: KBS Tour 120
Flex Recommendation: Stiff
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

Looking forward to this test!  I really like my wedges around the green, but just can't seem to get the right full-swing distances to make my gapping work well for my game, so I'd love to participate and see if a design like this is actually what I need and still delivers greenside control.  

Since it's for 2 wedges, I would love to try the 54 and 58 degree options below 🙂 

image.png.2dfb49d66ffbccc558ac573b8c9bafa6.png

Great testing opportunity and the wedges look nice! Here’s what my results were:

IMG_9902.jpeg.7a47f2cc0abc1d0e2378c157c8592cea.jpeg

For my 2, I’d be most interested in the 53* and 57* to replace my existing 54* and 58* Sub 70 286 wedges.

If I can only choose 2, I'd prefer the 53* and 57*.  Possibly bent to 54/58.

Your recommended Edison Forged wedges

Click any link to purchase

49° loft, KBS Tour 120
53° loft, KBS Tour 120
57° loft, KBS Tour 120

52° loft, KBS Tour 120
56° loft, KBS Tour 120
60° loft, KBS Tour 120

I'd most certainly kick in to buy the 3rd wedge.  These things sound super intriguing.  I've been bagging the Kirklands for the past 2 years (v1 and v2) and they are great, so it would be interesting to see how these compare. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.