Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,681 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

1.jpg

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

3.jpg

What is Being Tested: 

We are searching for four golfers who aren’t scared of some bad weather golfing. These selected golfers will be fitted with the new Galway Bay Renvyle Golf Rain Jacket and Claddagh China Rain Pant for testing and review. 

The best part? You get to keep all of it once you are finished. 

With three-layer fabric to block wind and rain that is soft and quiet, these new designs look to allow golfers to play and look their best no matter the conditions. 

If you enjoy playing in the wind and rain, then this is the opportunity for you! 

4.jpg

* Registration closes April 4. 

* Testers will be announced on the Forum April 9. 

* Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 

* This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America and the UK.

148 Comments

Havent had any luck with rain gear here in Oregon. Best one so far is a Costco jacket and my motorcycle rain pants. Would love to get decent (or better) gear!

Would love to test the Galway gear in the North Carolina rains, which at times are drenching. The month of March has seen several cart path only days.

I had one of their rainsuits years ago and it kept me dry. I now have a older titleist rainsuit but it has seen better days. I would like to give  this a new test.

Have seen Galway Bay rain/weather gear advertised online, and have seen rave reviews from golfers, but have never had the opportunity to try the gear personally. I’ve been searching for the best, comfortable rain gear that does not hinder the golf swing. I’d be thrilled to be a tester in this program.

Thanks

Bill aka “ohiowilly”

I play over 100 rounds a year in all weather conditions.  In Minnesota, the season can be short and the weather unpredictable, so we hold our tournaments rain or shine!  

Good luck to all. 

image.png.14e172630e6d937e20c7667680a0afc9.png

My Footjoy rain suit keeps me dry but the jacket is bulky; love a new suit that allows a freer swing!

Monsoon season almost upon us. Love the look of the neck. Nothing worse than getting water down the back of your neck when standing at address. Fingers crossed.

Great opportunity, the past couple of years would've gotten a ton of use here in the Northeast US, but since weather pattern doesn't look to be changing would still be a great tool to add to the toolkit! Good luck to all

I live in the Pacific Northwest on the Olympic Peninsula...fairly close to the Olympic National Rain Forest! If you don't play golf in the rain, you don't play golf. I need great rain gear in order to play golf and I could use a new set, especially the 30,000 rain proof rating (WOW)!

Thanks for the opportunity!

As a father to 2 kids under 4 I have to play when the time is right, not when the weather corporates. My 10+ year old footjoy outerwear has seen its share of action and this would certainly be a welcome addition to the wardrobe. Would have been great to have 2 years ago while playing through an early fall hurricane during a regional tournament. 

Rain, wind and yes…snow, are a way of life with early season golf, and late season golf,  here in Western New York

I Play rain or shine, I go out in my hiking boots if it's really bad. I fear no rain. Played in the cold rain /snow a month ago and loved it.

Looking into a new rain coat for this year so I do not have to swap into a different coat at the turn on the heavier days. Mine are ok but I accidentally bought one with no stretch and that's not good for golf.

Going to Scotland for bucket list trip May 24-June 1. I’m sure the likelihood that this would be used then is high. 

Galway Bay I hear is the ultimate in rain gear.  As many times as I have played in the rain, a new jacket & pants combo would definitely come in handy.  Especially considering my FJ has been worn to death & it no longer can stand the monsoon.  I wear it to work as a light jacket too, so my golf jackets get a workout.  It becomes a great jacket to have when you're a commuter & standing on the train platform waiting in the wind & rain.  

Perfect timing as I need some new rain gear. Just got back from playing in the wind and rain out in the desert. Rain or shine golf must go on!

Count me in.   We here in the Northeast had our fair share of rain and there still doesn't seem to be an end in sight.  Plus, a little rain or drizzle hasn't stopped me in the past especially if I go on an outing with my friends.  🤞

As someone who lives and plays in the south east USA, golf is year round for me. The only times that I don't play is due to rain. I've never found a good set of rain gear that I enjoy golfing in. Hopeful that I will be selected to test Galway Bay Rain Gear out. Few things I'm curious about; how the gear allows me to move, how the gear breathes, and how the gear fits. It is hard as heck to find rain gear that fits shorter people. Crossing my fingers on this one!

This Test is now closed to further comments.