Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,559 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

I absolutely love my DF2.1 Broomstick! I’m going to pass on this one specifically to give someone else the chance to fall in love with L.A.B.

Best of luck to everyone signing up and can’t wait to hear about your experiences.

9 hours ago, Braehead said:

LAB will disagree but when you pick the testers I'd suggest you get them fit online and in person to compare the two methods.  

There is nothing in the description that says the player has to get fit or how they need to get fit.  They could choose to do both with the in person one being done at their expense.  The follow on could be what do you consider an acceptable in person fitting approach?  

This would be a great test for me. I really worked on my putting last year and made great advances and have been reading about a lot of putter that I would like to try before changing from my spyder.

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There is nothing in the description that says the player has to get fit or how they need to get fit.  They could choose to do both with the in person one being done at their expense.  The follow on could be what do you consider an acceptable in person fitting approach?  

Agree, and based on previous LAB tests, online works well given the unique design of lie angle balancing (put simply, it’s just angles in my honest opinion). Only nuances is grip choice and head weight. 

Regardless, this should be a fun one!!!

It would be nice to put this up against my gamer LAB Link.1 with LA golf shaft 

Tried the DF2.1 and the size was too much for me… the link is what suited me but the 3 looks sleek in green or orange 

This would be huge! I’ve been itching to try the new DF3. My wife loves her DF2.1 and Ive been trying to sneak it out of her bag for months now.

This test is one I would love to get I been searching for a putter replacement. I have the Wilson The L based off of reviews on here but it doesn’t quite gel with me. I tested the LAB OG putter and it was strangely working well for me 😂 

A few more lying around the putting matt and in a couple of golf bags not shown in the photo. 

Dont even know how it all started, my wife does not approve, lol. 

*Please ignore the kiddie clubs, lol. 

image.png.5dc64fd72a20767079b1989b6279d9aa.png

This is the first time I've felt sorry to be a L.A.B. putter user!  Good luck to all chosen, I'll be very interesting in your takes on the new version.

I have been looking at these lately and really would like to try one out. Starting to see more people using LAB putters now. This is such a great opportunity. Thanks 

I have a closet full of putters and putting is the worst part of my game. My wife tells me that it's not the arrow but the Indian shooting the arrow. I want to try out the smaller DF3 to prove her wrong! 

55 minutes ago, chupac78 said:

A few more lying around the putting matt and in a couple of golf bags not shown in the photo. 

Dont even know how it all started, my wife does not approve, lol. 

*Please ignore the kiddie clubs, lol. 

image.png.5dc64fd72a20767079b1989b6279d9aa.png

I think you may have issues.....not enough putters!

I would love to be considered as a tester. The biggest issue with my putting is that I don't know how to make simple stroke to be consistent with my aim even at a short distance. I really like what LAB putters are claiming and would like to prove it to myself and share that with the community.

LAB coming through with another test opportunity. Enjoy the test for those that end up being selected. 

Been using center shaft putter design for several years…… Could use a little help with putt count. 34-38 putts per round way tooooo many! Currently using Taylormade Ghost….

It would be a pleasure to help you out with testing process of L.A.B. putter.

IMG_8586.jpeg

This Test is now closed to further comments.