Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,555 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

My brother turned me on to the technology here and he has one of their putters. I'd LOVE to join him!

Boy, are my fingers crossed!!! I have been wanting to try a LAB putter for a long time now, but I haven't even been able to find a lefty version in any of the golf stores in my area to even check one out. While I obviously can't say without trying one, everything I've seen and read about them makes me think it could be a good fit for me. It'd be great to see how it stacks up against my Scotty Futura x7. 

Been very interested in LAB putters for a few years now. Would love to be able to test one out.

These putters intrigue me.  I've been working on my putting stroke and consistency all winter, and the one time I tried a guy in leagues Mezz Max it seemed so easy to start on line.

Interesting video against other brands how this putter remains square in backstroke and forestroke. If you can read greens you should have the opportunity to make more putts. Would love the chance to putt this through the test!

Have heard some pretty positive things but staying cautious until the data comes back. 

Watching L.A.B.'s growth over the past year has been very intriguing, specifically following Glover's wins last fall. Their massive push with golf influencers and YouTube personalities has been an interesting strategic angle as well, introducing this technology to the masses in an easily digestible fashion. As a brand, L.A.B. seems to be growing into more and more of a household name, yet I've still found these to be a rare sighting on local courses. I'm very much anticipating the results and in-depth feedback of this test!

One of my players has the original 2.0 version, in the brightest hot pink you can imagine. Sure enough, he's one of the top putters on my team. I wonder if the newer DF3 can keep up the momentum for LAB. Good luck all applicants! 

Threw my name into the hat, just wish they were offering a broomstick version like the length Adam Scott uses. 

Have been losing strokes on the green left and right and been wanting to try a lab for a while now. Would love to try one!

Haven't ever really been into the LAB putters, but since joining the forum and reading all the amazing reviews and stories my interest is truly peaking.

Can't wait to see the reviews for these.

I'm really intrigued by the LAB putters. It seems like a lot of the benefit comes from the fitting and the fine tuning that brings. Thankfully, I discovered there's a place near-ish to me that do the fittings, for when I'm next in the market for a new putter to fix my woes.

Saw another post.....about not being Lefty versions in any local store....local Pro that I play Pro Ams with uses the 2.1 and he says LAB is the best putter company out there.  LOVE to be a tester...been following you guys since day one.  Keep up the awesome work!

Scott

Lets get a lefty in for testing as well! Never used a LAB... even tho its 2 hours from my house.

13 minutes ago, Scooter4k said:

Saw another post.....about not being Lefty versions in any local store....local Pro that I play Pro Ams with uses the 2.1 and he says LAB is the best putter company out there.  LOVE to be a tester...been following you guys since day one.  Keep up the awesome work!

Scott

Its one of the reasons I have not gotten one yet, never been able to swing one since I am LH. 

Love what LAB is doing and their function over form design…shouldn’t matter what the club looks like if ot gets the ball in the hole. Excited to see results. 

9 minutes ago, eddiecut said:

Lets get a lefty in for testing as well! Never used a LAB... even tho its 2 hours from my house.

Its one of the reasons I have not gotten one yet, never been able to swing one since I am LH. 

It’s true, good luck finding lefties in stock any where. I gave up on finding the clubs I want to try in stock and have just resorted to relying on PGATSS’ generous return policy if something doesn’t work out as expected. Being that close to LAB I bet you could go try all the left options. Maybe even get some custom engraving if you decide to get one. If I’m ever in that area I will likely try to stop by their HQ, seeing the small company vibe in the golf industry is kind of cool.

This Test is now closed to further comments.