Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,555 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

Would love to try one of these. Keep the face square thru the swing has been an issue for me as fatigue sets in later in the round.

Dying for this test!!  I practice hard but still struggle to make putts on course. Taking lessons my coach tells me I have excellent mechanics and I am very good at starting the ball on line during practice.  Not translating to the course though.  Wondering if the DF3 might be the missing piece....

Looking forward to this test.  I've been using my Jailbird so a head to head with the two hottest putters on the market right now would be fun!

Oh boy, this test in particular makes me wish I had put more work into making myself an excellent candidate to be a tester.

I'd love to be selected, especially since I think the DF3 could potentially really help my putting (40 putts on Saturday after hitting 7 GIR 🫣), but it's a competitive pool for such a desirable test.

Good luck everyone! 

24 minutes ago, SirPrised said:

Oh boy, this test in particular makes me wish I had put more work into making myself an excellent candidate to be a tester.

I'd love to be selected, especially since I think the DF3 could potentially really help my putting (40 putts on Saturday after hitting 7 GIR 🫣), but it's a competitive pool for such a desirable test.

Good luck everyone! 

Honestly, I had the same realization about 3 years ago, and it was a great moment for me.  I remember reading the "how to be a tester" guide and thinking "oh...that's actually not THAT much to do. Why haven't I done that already?" and then next year I was picked for my first test (coincidentally, the LAB I'm still gaming).  

I was already lurking on the site, so it just made sense to start getting involved.  And for real - it's been an AWESOME decision.  I've got a whole community here I had no idea was this great - so much so that I'm going to the Outing this year to embarrass myself in public! I mean...that says it all, doesn't it?  🙂 

Happy to have you here - definitely keep up the posting - there are some genuinely fun threads to get involved with, and once you do (especially the Good Morning thread or the Club Ho's thread), you'll be checking it every day 🙂 I think our new slogan should be something like, "MyGolfSpy Forum: it's like meth, but safer. Not less expensive, mind you, but...your teeth mostly stay in place." It's a bit wordy - I'll try and run that by our HR team. lol

this is the one I've been waiting for.  
My current face-balanced, 0° toe hang Triple wide Odyssey  is working great thus far but I really would love to put a LAB against it.  I was fitted by Club Champion for this particular face-balanced putter because of my natural straight swing.  I wish they had a LAB at the time because I feel it might have suited me better.  Hopefully I get the opportunity now.  

my partner is currently using my seemore mfgp2 and would love to try the df3, as she like the looks of the new df better than my df2.1. if selected we’ll document her experience with the df3 from a “frustrated novice putter” perspective.

My 2000 sqft putting green just told me, “challenge accepted Sir LipOut!”

I play a Scotty Newport 2, and my miss is a slight push. Played with different weights, but keep getting drawn back to original specs for feel. 

Would love to test if this helps keep the face square consistently.

My name is Ash and I'm a putterholic.  It has been more than 12 months since my last putter purchase, and so doing really well, but the DF3 is tempting me off the wagon.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Honestly, I had the same realization about 3 years ago, and it was a great moment for me.  I remember reading the "how to be a tester" guide and thinking "oh...that's actually not THAT much to do. Why haven't I done that already?" and then next year I was picked for my first test (coincidentally, the LAB I'm still gaming).  

I was already lurking on the site, so it just made sense to start getting involved.  And for real - it's been an AWESOME decision.  I've got a whole community here I had no idea was this great - so much so that I'm going to the Outing this year to embarrass myself in public! I mean...that says it all, doesn't it?  🙂 

Happy to have you here - definitely keep up the posting - there are some genuinely fun threads to get involved with, and once you do (especially the Good Morning thread or the Club Ho's thread), you'll be checking it every day 🙂 I think our new slogan should be something like, "MyGolfSpy Forum: it's like meth, but safer. Not less expensive, mind you, but...your teeth mostly stay in place." It's a bit wordy - I'll try and run that by our HR team. lol

Well said. All of it…well maybe not the meth part 😂

But seriously, my (completely unsolicited) advice - find a couple threads and just contribute (especially the ultimate “cheat code” thread - Good Morning).  Welcome to everyone that found MGS through this testing opportunity!

Fitted for a Newport 2.5 last year and putting has been terrible ever since (probably user error). Have been hearing good things about LAB a lot recently and want to see if the hype is real. Really would like something that gives me confidence while standing over the ball.

Would really like to do a deep dive on chronicling the testing of this putter to see what all the hype is about.  It would be a complete departure in my putting makeup, since I’ve used a blade all my life.  But the industry and trends have certainly changed over the past 10 years or so.  Really interested in putting this putter through its  paces.

This is awesome! Would love the opportunity to compare this to my DF 2.1. Look forward to the reviews!

It will be interesting the LAB DF putter is a mighty biggun, might need a new bag to fit it in.

Been reading all of the internet reviews for the DF3 and would love to do a side by side against my PXG Gunboat. Putting has always been a weakness of mine so hopefully 2024 will be an opportunity to replace my gamer with something that will help smooth my stroke. 

I used to have an Odyssey Rosie but my ex-wife for some reason can remember where my whole golf set is or was...friends say deep in the river now.  lol

I now use a blade and want something else...never had a fitting of any type. 

Would like to be a tester but good luck to everyone. 

I stopped signing up for the things I didn’t think I was a good fit for, but this would be an awesome opportunity. I’m currently trying to unofficially trying the Stargrips and I’m seeing the testing process is not as easy as just getting free stuff but I would love the challenge for this one!!!

I would love to test this out on Melbourne's famous sandbelt golf courses.  I've been following L.A.B putters ever since Adam Scott switched from his Scotty Cameron.  I'd be able to compare it to my Scotty Cameron Phantom 11.5 

1 hour ago, Jhampt00 said:

I stopped signing up for the things I didn’t think I was a good fit for, but this would be an awesome opportunity. I’m currently trying to unofficially trying the Stargrips and I’m seeing the testing process is not as easy as just getting free stuff but I would love the challenge for this one!!!

The tests are a ton of work, if you really think about it, you’re testing for about 2 seasons, regardless of product. 

Keep at it and be active, it will happen! 

3 hours ago, Plumbob said:

It will be interesting the LAB DF putter is a mighty biggun, might need a new bag to fit it in.

It's smaller than the 2.1, which fits (barely) in my 14-way, so the 3.0 being significantly smaller should be no issue at all. 😄

This Test is now closed to further comments.