Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,559 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

The L.A.B. putter and it's tech looks so intriguing! Putting has always been a weakness of mine.  I have always preferred the look of a blade but would love the balance/forgiveness of the mallet. I switched to the Evnroll ER 2.2 a few years back when mygolfspy first released the test results, and I am no longer terrified to stand over top a putt that is worth a few bucks.   I am curious to see if the balance of the L.A.B. putters take out even more variables to take me to that next level.

I consider myself a great putter but have found myself tinkering at the store with a df3 the last couple weeks and emailing LAB about; great customer service by the way! I’ve got an upcoming trip to the UK that I would love to put the df3 in the bag for. What a great opportunity for the winners and thank you for offering!

I catch so many jokes because of the size of my DF2.1. A league member even started a complaint that I was using an illegal putter … it’s not. But I would like to try the 3.1 because I have a problem focussing on the large 2.1 head instead of the ball … I guess trying to achieve center hits … which isn’t necessary because of the moi of the ENTIRE face. Point is, I tend to over hit the 2.1 and would love to see if a smaller version of the same putter would make a difference. Whether I get this review or not, people are gonna love LAB putters. 

I've admired these putters for a couple of years now.  Never seen one and would absolutely love to try one, be the envy of my golf league, LOL.  Like the centre line shaft similar to my Odyssey Backstroke.

Seems to be a social media darling (at least with RGC).  Would be great to see how it performs on the very early season Canadian greens.

Exciting! I’ve been gaming the DF 2.1 armlock, but I’m wondering if the lie angle balance technology works better with either the traditional or broomstick method because you’re allowing the club to do more of the work than “locking in” to my forearm. All the best to everyone! I know there will be a lot to sign up for this! 😁

I hope I’m selected for this one! I’ve tried a L.A.B putter before and loved it. I’d have one already if they weren’t so expensive! 

Interesting design. I tried one out at PGA Superstore and while it takes a bit to get used to it, it is very consistent in results.

Excited for everyone involved. I would enter but I am already a LAB golf user! I have had my DF 2.1 for two years now and love it. I would expect most people will love theirs after they get over the "un-torquing" period. It took me about a month to let the putter work and get used to lining up a mallet. But I am also stubborn!

Having used an off the rack DF 2.1 for a couple of seasons now (it's come out of the bag a few times), I was thinking the Link.1 was going to be perfect for me.  So I did an official fitting, aaand it wasn't.  I'm hopeful the DF3 is going to be "the one".  Regarding the 2.1, I can't say enough great things about the technology and how good the putter is, but as many have stated (here and elsewhere), adapting to slower greens is tough, and once you start getting your hands involved, all of the benefits of the lie angle balanced are lost.  Candidly, I struggle with any putter when the greens slow down, but anything around face balanced (i.e. minimal toe flow) is more difficult for me in this case. 

Also I've heard people remark they tend to pull putts with this, and that is totally a symptom of using your hands or having the wrong ball position (usually too far back believe it or not, because with the onset, you subconsciously try and square it early with your hands).  In any case, this is a great video from LAB anyone selected should watch (and there are a bunch of others on their channel):  

Would love to try one of these properly. Drove 3 hours to get fitted last week for one inside and it felt great but would love to see how it does on the course. 

My initial take on this putter was of a visual nature. I can’t let folks catch me with this in my bag. After trying one in a PGA Superstore while on vacation a month ago, my mind was changed. I tested the previous model. The gripping method takes a minute to catch on, but when it did, the putter naturally makes a smooth sweeping motion.

Gaming a Mezz Max that I did the video fitting on.  38 inches at 78 degrees.  I am upright when I putt.  Love the putter, but the one flaw is that it does not pick up the ball.  When the DF3 was released and it can pick up the ball, I knew I wanted one.  I am in WA so next time I go south I planned on doing an in person fitting at LAB HQ.  This would be a great opportunity to try the DF3.  LAB putters are amazing.  I have improved in every putting category.  Major improvements inside 15 feet.

I want to try one! I currently game PXG Operator gen2 since it came out. I would say putting is the best part of my game but definitely love to try. I could get sams ball data as well as on course. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.