Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,044 signups
Equipment Type: Health/Golf Tracking
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg
Last year, we had a Forum Testing Opportunity for the Garmin S70 watch, which received great results for its high-end feel, look, and of course, performance. For this member testing opportunity, we are taking a different angle and combining the Garmin S70 watch with the Garmin Approach CT10 sensors for a full on and off-course tracking experience.

A Different Kind Of Member Test
The Garmin S70 Life Series member test is going to take performance and tracking to a new level. While we still want to know how the products perform for our selected testers, this opportunity is just as much about how these products set you up to perform at your best. The selected testers will go through this long-term testing opportunity (8 weeks) tracking their Body Battery, Sleep Score, and HRV (heart rate variability) throughout the testing period. They will take these measurements before rounds, after rounds, and even on off days to see how they can help prepare their bodies for success, but also see the effects of their preparation (or lack thereof) on the scorecard. Combined with the Approach CT10 tracking sensors, the selected testers will have access to a full suite of data, stats, and more.

1.jpg

The Testing Opportunity
For this Forum Member Testing Opportunity with Garmin, we are looking for four golfers who are willing to share and explore the full Garmin experience with the S70 watch and Approach CT10 sensors. These golfers will test, review, and keep the watch and sensors as part of the member test, all while tracking their results to see how their day-to-day lives affect their golf rounds or how their golf rounds affect their day-to-day lives! We want to know how they score on good days and bad days, how the whole system works together, and if using the Garmin health tracking systems can affect their game to lower their scores.

Think you are ready for the challenge of this long-term member test?

6.jpg
*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members living in North America
*Registration closes May 15
*Testers announced on the Forum May 21

4.jpg

258 Comments

Looking forward at the chance to test out both items. I have been researching golf watches with the ability to adapt sensors to clubs in order to help my game. Even if I'm not chosen the Garmin S70 is the way I'm going, by far the most advanced you can get.

I was looking at the S70 (cool watch) and how it would stack up against my Shot Scope X5 so the opportunity to compare would have been great, but I see it only works in North America so that rules out getting one of them (off my wish list), must be a GPS thing.

Oh wait a minute you have to be in North America to test it - yes apologies all for the sarcasm.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vl721iuqdlbxmdeobj

Anyway good luck to all you lucky people who get the opportunity

I lost out on the ShotScope test, but this Garmin would be a nice opportunity to compare/evaluate my rangefinder and iPhone GPS shot tracking app (GolfShot+).  Besides, I have Garmin equipment on my boat... I wonder if they would interface. 

Good luck to all!!

I’d love the opportunity to consolidate my smart watches into one for this test! If I’m not working or taking care of my family, I’m either on the trackman, course, range, or at the gym. I currently use Arccos with my Apple Watch for game tracking, but the fitness tracking always randomly stops mid workout which drives me absolutely insane, plus the battery won’t last all day. I use my garmin instinct solar for fitness tracking, which I love. Sadly, I didn’t realize that my Instinct doesn’t really have any golf tracking. This would be such an awesome test to be a part of! 

Using my Apple Watch with golf shot for last few seasons to track every round. Would love to see how a truly golf directed platform would work for me. 

Have an S42 and would love to be chosen to compare the two versions. Use my S42 for golf, workouts and tracking my steps. Look forward to hopefully being selected. Great opportunity and good luck to all.

Been using Arccos for years and even just upgraded to the link pro.  Would be great to be able to do a direct comparison between the two.  Had been thinking about trying something new (Garmin was top of list) before upgrading to linkpro.  

This will be a fun testing opportunity! I have used both FitBit and Whoop in the past to gauge sleep quality specifically, and used my stats to adjust my workout intensity. I would love to test out both the Garmin S70 watch and Approach CT10 sensors because I’m familiar with my HRV range and when my body is recharged and ready to perform. Thanks for this opportunity and good luck to all who apply!

I am a big believer that in order to play your best you should be at your top fitness levels..........that is until I put away a few cold ones and shoot lights out......I would be interested in seeing how my fitness changes my game. Thanks for all you do to bring these new items to our forum!!!!

Would love this opportunity.  I have used many tracking devices for golf but the ability to track much more of my health as well as golf would be amazing.  Having type 2 diabetes I am always looking for ways to ensure I am ready for any physical activity.  This system would be an amazing test for me.

I use the Garmin S20 Approach and it’s a great way to get distances.  I also have the Shotscope V3 and sensors.  It will be a great opportunity to see how the Garmin S70 combined with the CT10 sensors stack up.  I do prefer the Garmin because of the longer battery life.  This will be a great test!

This is a an excellent opportunity for everyone.   I currently use the Garmin forerunner 255 to track track everything. I also use the Garmin Edge 130 plus to track my cycling. A couple weeks ago when I was sick my 255 had my HRV unbalanced and in a strained training status.  It was interesting monitoring the HRV through my recovery. Now I'm back to balanced and productive, and feel back to normal.  I absolutely love my garmin products.  

Love to give a more sophisticated approach to shot tracking than my manual one. Record everything on the scorecard and transfer to an excel spreadsheet and GHIN app. Use some home grown formulas to analyze my performance. Love to move into the 20th century.

This Test is now closed to further comments.