Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,040 signups
Equipment Type: Health/Golf Tracking
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg
Last year, we had a Forum Testing Opportunity for the Garmin S70 watch, which received great results for its high-end feel, look, and of course, performance. For this member testing opportunity, we are taking a different angle and combining the Garmin S70 watch with the Garmin Approach CT10 sensors for a full on and off-course tracking experience.

A Different Kind Of Member Test
The Garmin S70 Life Series member test is going to take performance and tracking to a new level. While we still want to know how the products perform for our selected testers, this opportunity is just as much about how these products set you up to perform at your best. The selected testers will go through this long-term testing opportunity (8 weeks) tracking their Body Battery, Sleep Score, and HRV (heart rate variability) throughout the testing period. They will take these measurements before rounds, after rounds, and even on off days to see how they can help prepare their bodies for success, but also see the effects of their preparation (or lack thereof) on the scorecard. Combined with the Approach CT10 tracking sensors, the selected testers will have access to a full suite of data, stats, and more.

1.jpg

The Testing Opportunity
For this Forum Member Testing Opportunity with Garmin, we are looking for four golfers who are willing to share and explore the full Garmin experience with the S70 watch and Approach CT10 sensors. These golfers will test, review, and keep the watch and sensors as part of the member test, all while tracking their results to see how their day-to-day lives affect their golf rounds or how their golf rounds affect their day-to-day lives! We want to know how they score on good days and bad days, how the whole system works together, and if using the Garmin health tracking systems can affect their game to lower their scores.

Think you are ready for the challenge of this long-term member test?

6.jpg
*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members living in North America
*Registration closes May 15
*Testers announced on the Forum May 21

4.jpg

258 Comments

This new platform sounds amazing. Currently using the S10 now and it has not let me down. I can’t wait to see the feedback on these. Good luck everyone!

I currently use the Shot Scope for golf so would be interesting to see how they differ on the course. Would also be good to use day to day to see my actual fitness levels. Good Luck everyone 

Screenshot_20240509_080647.jpg.007800ba2032f1ff062fca2ee266c10a.jpgI currently use the Arccos system since it was first introduced and have over 27,000 shots recorded.  I would love to see how the Garmin system compares. Along with tracking sleep and other featured the Garman provides.

download.jpg

I am a big fan of wearable Golf GPS devices, but my overall experience with them has not been great. The majority of them rely on that recessed 4 pin connecter for syncing and charging, and that is where I always had the problem. After about 1 season, they would stop syncing and charging, and then I could get maybe another 18 months out of them by constantly cleaning the port and buying new cables before giving up.  I bought the little plastic port covers to keep dirt and perspiration out, but they didn't help. I looked at all of them, and this seems to be the industry standard. (including Tag Heuer) I finally but the Samsung Golf edition which has magnetic charging and blue tooth syncing, and I couldn't be happier.

This would be a great opportunity to use the Garmin S70. As I use a hand held range finder for distances. I play 3-4 times a week and post all my rounds on USGA GHIN for tracking scores. Additionally having a watch with health monitoring is great, as I use an IWATCH To track my workouts 3x a week, plus sleep habits. Funny I was just looking at the S70 as a replacement to my range finder. Would love to be selected. Mark

The timing on this one couldn't be better. I'm in the market for a change from Arccos and I'm considering Garmin with the tags. Fingers crossed I get picked for this one.... such an amazing opportunity.. great one MGS! Kudos. 

I play 6 of 7 days in my retirement community. I use Golfshot, the GHIN app to enter my scores hole by hole and a rangefinder w scope adjustment that I keep turned off because that seems like cheating to me.  I use a CPAP at nite and go to sleep with a headband listening to podcasts so my wife doesn't have to rock me to sleep...with a rock.  

This is something I'd absolutely love to do.  I've noticed - this year especially - that my scores on the back 9 are not as good as the front when I walk the course, which is 90+% of my rounds.  Have to figure that some of that is down to fitness/fatigue.  Not as fit as I used to be tho' probably more so than a lot of my contemporaries.  In any case, I've been playing with the idea of monitoring things like sleep etc in order to develop a better healthier routine, but I've been a World Champion procrastinator until now.  Simply because it's linked to golf, I feel the S70 Life Series would be the ideal vehicle to get me off first base.

1 hour ago, rvc2113rq said:

This idea is awesome. I also sleep on a eight sleep and wear a whoop so would be interesting to compare all 3

🙏🤘

What a great opportunity to track your health in addition to recording shot tracking. The new technology will be great to explore in comparison to other Garmin watches that I own.

I'd love to be a tester for this. I currently use a Garmin S12. I've been checking Garmin weekly for sales on their higher end watches for a while. 

Great opportunity for the forum members thanks to the efforts of the MGS staff and Garmin.

As a Garmin user myself, it will be interesting to see the comments and reviews of those selected.

Best to all that apply for this opportunity.

I've been using the Garmin Vivoactive series for at least 6 years now.  I currently have the 4s.  I love that it has the golf range finding ability included, but that its not a golf watch per se.   I use it for all of my fitness activities because I'm a numbers person and love tracking stats, but I have never tried pairing it with the Approach CT10 tracking sensors.   The Vivofit has its downsides and I'd be interested to learn if the Garmin S70 Life can be a better golf range finder and fitness watch in one device than the Vivoactive. 

I have the S70 and about 20 C10s (don't ask) and I use them now how they want you to use them in this test. Are there shortcomings? Yup, missed reads, and batteries in the C10s dying or not making good contact, but these are minor and easily overcome. Overall my experience has been great. Distances with and without slope, course layups, and scoring, are all top-notch. The main reason I went with Garmin is after you hit the ball it starts giving you distance and since I know how far I hit my clubs I just go to that distance and start looking around. 

The online software leaves much to be desired in club management and data manipulation. They updated recently but it seems to be just a facelift for the interface. I still find the way you can look at your data very restrictive. For instance, I only want to see how my scoring is on the course my league plays. Then I have to go through all the saved rounds and edit them one by one and click a check box to not have that particular round added to the stats. But now all the other shots in all the other rounds are not being added to the averages for my clubs when I reference them on the watch. It's not a big deal but it is a deal. 

Anyway, whoever is picked for this enjoy, I think it's the best combo out there and yes I wear this watch every day all the time except for charging of course. 

I have been a Garmin Approach S62 watch and Arccos sensor advocate for about three years and I love the combination of the two. Arccos has captured my last 16,800 shots and 228 rounds. I would live to compare and contrast my current set up with this offer. 

This would be awesome and just in time for golf trip season, already have three trips planned for the next 2 months. Thank you for giving us in this forum an opportunity to test new tech that could improve our game.

1 hour ago, arodrig29 said:

Oh man, this is right up my alley. I currently use a Fitbit Inspire 3 to keep track of all my daily exercise, resting heart rate, calories burned, among several other things. I also use the Arccos system to keep track of club distances. These three screen shot are of this week alone. To be able to compare the Fitbit to the Garmin watch (which I have been watching and drooling over for a while now) as far as accuracy, consistency and other metrics would be awesome. Plus compare yardage on course to my laser range finder.

IMG_2120.png

IMG_2121.png

IMG_2122.png

I made the switch from Fitbit to Garmin a few years ago. I was blown away by the stats! Garmin is great for those of us that love numbers. Google/Fitbit put lots of data behind a paywall and that did not sit well with me. Garmin's coaching and training features are all included. My Fitbit would also fail to sync quite often. I've never had any connection issues between my phone and Garmin, though. 

I threw my hat in the ring for this one because I do not currently have the CT10 sensors, and I would love to see what golf-specific features the S70 has that my watch does not. I'm also very intrigued by the idea of how health and wellness can affect your golf performance.

Whoever gets chosen for the test, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Tom

I'm interested. I was unaware that the S70 offered the health metrics. Last year I bought a Garmin Forerunner 965 because I wanted those metrics, even though I'm not a runner. I am a cyclist, and an active masters racer, so I use the HR broadcast to my cycling computer all the time. (The S70 doesn't have cyclocross mode, like the Forerunner, but that's not the purpose of this test.) The Forerunner's golf mode leaves a lot to be desired. I'd like to do more tracking (especially with new irons this week). I got a Shotscope with the tracking bit, but I lost that part quickly due to what I think is a poor design for the belt clip, and the rangefinder itself is not up to the quality of the 20+ year old Bushnell it replaced.

I've used Garmin for over 6 years for fitness tracking and golf when walking the course.   I use a Vivo Active 4 now - after my Active 3's had some issues.  Love to try to the S-70 to see how it compares.  I track sleep, Body Battery, steps, and course info when walking.  I would certainly give the S-70 a thorough testing as I wear my current Garmin as my only watch and only take it off to charge and shower.  

This is pretty sweet!  I currently have the Garmin approach S42 and love it!  I wear it all day everyday as a smart watch.  Ive talked a few buddies into getting the S42 amd they use it all the time as well.  This S70 is beyond next level snd very interesting and would give me even more information I'm looking for in a wear all the time watch.  

What an incredible opportunity for any testers selected! If only i hadn't just bought a S70 at the start of this season! Testers are definitely in for a treat! I've worn mine every day since getting it and have loved every second of it. Will have to post an unofficial review once I get a few more rounds with it!

I would Love to do this! I wear a Garmin 245 24/7 and already get body battery and sleep levels. I use the GPS for my running, mountain biking and kayaking. For golf I put on my Garmin Venu Square for basic distance to Front/Middle/Back of greens, hazards and to keep score. Priceless knowing those key distances!

Great idea for testing MGS and Garmin! I would love to be apart of this testing round (As we all would). I love the idea of tying fitness level and overall body health to our game of golf. I’m a physical therapist so I am definitely aware of how our bodies comorbidities and current status of health can influence our game. This would pair well with my Titleist T150’s and T200’s! 

Great opportunity. Currently using SwingU with Apple Watch.  Works well but takes a little time to put in info on each hole.  

I currently have the shot scope x5 watch and sensors and really like them but have been a huge fan of garmin for a long time. The only thing that stopped me from buying this watch and using the ct10 sensors was the price. In the last year and a half I have really focused on getting back in shape and staying there. I’m down 60 lbs (at least I was before this cruise I’m on) and really wish the shot scope provided more for fitness than just tracking steps. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.