Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,363 signups
Equipment Type: Rangefinder
Vendor: Vortex

VortexTW.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum prides itself on bringing new brands and equipment to our member testing platform. Golf is growing and so are the brands entering the golfing industry. It can be difficult to keep track of them all and even harder to discern which brands are actually producing worthwhile equipment for consumers. This is where you come in.

About Vortex

Vortex Optics is an American company that makes high-end scopes, binoculars and rangefinders for hunting and other outdoor sports. In February, Vortex released golf-specific rangefinders.

With world-class optics and an unlimited, unconditional lifetime warranty, their new line of rangefinders has a lot of potential.

Their current lineup of rangefinders consists of three models: Anarch, Blade Slope and Blade. The Blade is the base version and includes a cart magnet and pin-spotter mode. The Blade Slope builds on those features by adding a slope function. The Anarch, their premium model, adds a red display and image stabilization. All models are tournament legal, shockproof and waterproof.

VortexRF2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

For this testing opportunity, we are looking for four golfers to test, review and keep a Vortex rangefinder. We will have the full lineup tested and select two golfers for the Anarch and one each for the Blade and Blade Slope.

We want to know how these perform against the best of the best, what they feel like and how accurate they really are. Can a new company really compete with the best rangefinders in golf? Let’s find out!

Do you think you are the perfect tester for this opportunity?

VortexRF.jpg

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

*Open to U.S. residents only.

*Registration closes June 19.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on June 25.

148 Comments

These rangefinders look and sound amazing.  I like the lifetime warranty! They look rugged enough for any golfers bag.  The magnet is a great feature as well. I look forward to reading the reviews! 

Great opportunity, I use a watch app and although it tells me the center of the green, I cannot identify distance to hazards or the actual location of the pin. Good luck to all, but I hope I am one of the chosen!

Interested in this.  I've noticed the recent uptick in "off-brand" rangefinders on the market.  Currently use a 2-yo Bushnell Tour V5 Shift (the slope version) and use the GHIN App in GPS mode w/stats to keep score, view the hole layout with distances to obstacles, log my tee shots, # of putts etc.  I've had several Bushnells, but I've noticed that they seem to have a life of only about 3-4 yrs before they have issues, not great for a relatively expensive device.  Would love to compare my current V5 side-by-side with the Anarch to see how the lesser-known one stacks up.

I don’t play with a rangefinder but have needed one for years and just not purchased one.  Would love to check out the Vortex and see if it can improve my game 

I have never had a rangefinder just a garmin GPS, my brother inlaw has one and when we play together his yardage is a lot more accurate than my GPS especially if the course has really large greens. I would really like to try one out. Thanks for the opportunity. 

Best to all that apply for this opportunity, thanks to the efforts of the MGS staff and Vortex.

Looking forward to the comments and reviews on these range finders compared to the others in the marketplace.

Exciting opportunity, I use both an app (18Birdies) and a range finder but my range finder is not the greatest so I try not to use it a lot. Would love to try a better one to see how they compare.

This sounds like a great opportunity! I recently got water in my blue tees rangefinder and have been looking around for a new one. Would be nice to get a waterproof one! 

My 2 children are just getting into the game and I would love to be able to show them just how far technology has come since when I first started (30 years ago). For those of us old-schoolers.....remember where we had to find the sprinkler heads and mark off the distance from then....not even thinking about the length of the green!!! They don't believe me when I tell them the game has gotten a lot easier with technology (I even made my 15 year old try to hit a persimmon driver last week). Well, these are the types of products that I would love to try out and then give to me children to see how they work and how useful they are. Would love that opportunity but either way I am blessed to be able to play with both children.......thanks have a great US Open weekend!!

Vortex already makes an outstanding product. I can't imagine this would be any different. My only question with range finders in general is the price difference making a real difference on the course with an average golfer. I have a cheap little guy from ebay. It seems to do okay. I just wonder if there would be any real benefit to going to something that's 4 times the cost. It'd be cool to be selected to do some comparisons. But, either way, good luck to anybody that tries out.

I lost my "good one" last year and bought a "cheap one" from Amazon.  Would love to try this one and compare between both sides.  Good luck to all!

This Test is now closed to further comments.