Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,706 signups
Equipment Type: Virtual Golf
Vendor: GOLF+

TWGOLFfeature.jpg

Continuing our trend of bringing varied opportunities to the MyGolfSpy Forum community, we have one that brings the golf course and your game to your living room with GOLF+ and the world of virtual golf.

About GOLF+ 

GOLF+ is the official VR golf game of the PGA Tour. Take a stroll through St Andrews, test your game at Pinehurst No. 2 or immerse yourself in the raucous excitement of the 16th hole at TPC Scottsdale. GOLF+ offers daily tournaments, a variety of multiplayer modes, 20 different real-world courses (and counting) and physics engineered by tens of thousands of real-world swings. GOLF+ is built BY golfers, for golfers.

TWGOLF2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

We are searching for three golfers to test and review the full GOLF+ experience. GOLF+ is available exclusively on the Meta Quest platform. Don’t have a headset? Not to worry. Testers will receive a Meta Quest 3 headset as well as a golf club controller attachment to bring the game to life.

For this testing opportunity, we want golfers to not only review the product and its features but also to compete against each other in tournaments and matches with members of the GOLF+ team.

We want to know how this virtual experience compares to your real-life experience. Can it take the place of a weekly round if the weather isn’t cooperating? Can it help provide accurate feedback on your swing and even improve your game?

The final portion of this testing opportunity includes the GOLF+ TOUR where our testers will compete with the rest of the GOLF+ community to see where they stack up.

Think you are able to take on fellow members in a virtual tournament? Are you ready to chronicle your journey through the GOLF+ virtual experience and provide feedback to our community?

TWGOLF!.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 11. 

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 16.

153 Comments

This would be awesome!! I could finally get my wife to try out golf lol maybe my son would cooperate and try it out to. Considering he’s turning 3 in September that may be a stretch but worth a try

Always been curious about golf and VR and are the Golf Gods as cruel??? I've played in a simulator so really curious if this would be a similar experience, at the same time when it's unbearable outside for the heat or cold this would be a fantastic way to cure the urge! Good luck all

Great test opportunity! The key to any technology is how close it is to a real experience. I’ve tried several golf platforms and each one has its own shortcomings when compared to reality. Would love to test this system!

Already played some of these courses on the computer but this looks like I can play and help keep my swing in the right groove

Would love a crack at this, my youngest is autistic and a vr addict, but I can’t play the games he has, but this would be a great option. 

This is so sick! Great job MGS and Golf+ for getting this test put together, looking forward to seeing how forum members feel about the mechanics and gameplay!

I use Phi-Golf and at a 200$ price point it is the poor man’s sim. It does the job for the value of 200$. Graphics arnt top notch but I don’t have the space for a full sim. Didn’t know there was a VR sim. This would be great for those of us that don’t have the space for a full sim like a garage. Looking forward to the reviews of whomever gets this

Really like this for the same reason. I have trepidations - namely that the swing tools that are not long enough don't simulate the momentum of the swing (ie impact snap etc.). If it really overcomes that feeling then I am all over this since I don't have tall ceilings anywhere in my older home. I would love love love this opportunity! 

Best of luck to everyone and I'll be closely following the thread.

Jim

Huge fan of VR from an entertainment but what an opportunity  to use to improve your game as well. Looking forward to this test. 

I’d love to test and evaluate Golf+.  I picked up a Phigolf 2 this past spring and have been using it to get my swing in shape after back surgery this past winter.  It helps me stay limber between my usual 2-3 rounds/week.  Using the Phigolf, E6 and WGT courses and practice range is fun, even if my expected shot shape and distances are not quite “there”. The realism seems to be lacking in that my usual fade/slice has turned into a draw/ hook in Phigolf2.  Driving distances in Phigolf2 are inflated by about 10%, irons are about 10-20 percent shorter, I still can’t hit a 3 wood decently to save my life (THAT’S REALISTIC) and the greenside chipping can be an unpredictable adventure.  Putting is way different without an actual ball to putt, but I’m getting used to it.  Overall, though, Phigolf2 is fun and challenging.  I can still put 8 strokes up for any given hole 😂.  I really want to try VR Golf+ on the Oculus and see if I can achieve some level of realistic shot shape and distance.  I’ve never tried VR anything before so this would be a totally new experience.

I've tried this before on the Quest 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it, though I didn't have any specific club attachment to hold the controller - that would be a nice addition to the experience, I would think. Putting could be tricky - not sure if anything has changed to make that a better experience.

Competitions must be fun - would love to try that out!

Good luck to all the testers!

Looks like a blast! VR is such a unique way to experience the game. Would be a great opportunity to get some swings in for those of us who live in areas that receive harsh winters too!

This would be great for the off season if it’s reasonably transferable to real golf. If it’s just a very realistic video game, that’s less interesting to me personally but might be a gateway for bringing kids and non-golfers into the sport. 

Seeing as I have never been picked for any of these trials, this would be a great first!

This will be interesting to follow. I played TW on Xbox and messed around a bit with TW on Wii, but I could never really get comfortable swinging a controller with no end weight like a real club. In the Pacific Northwest having a Sim is great in the winter, but not everyone had the space for a full setup. Side from the fun aspect I'd be really interested in seeing if anyone's real game benefits.

Good luck to all the applicants.

This would be something new for me. But more than willing to give it a test. Seeing how my ceilings are not tall enough and I don’t have a garage for a launch monitor. 

Happy Golfing!!

I’d be perfect for this test having a newborn and not able to get to the course that much right now! 

I tried virtual golf on my son's oculus VR platform. I found it very interesting, but wished we had a golf club controller. This sounds very exciting and I'm eager to try it.

Really struggling to see how a VR game could help enhance my game but would love to experience it! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.