Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,967 signups
Equipment Type: Fitting App
Vendor: Vokey

TestersWantedWFA.jpg

Can 15 minutes and 15 swings make for better wedge play? This is what the Vokey Wedge Fitting app aims to do. Traditionally, wedge fittings are best made outside on grass, in the rough, and especially out of bunkers to see what wedges best fit your game. Between loft and grind options, wedges are one of the more complicated areas of golf, and getting it wrong can make the game a whole lot harder than it already is.

How Does This Work? 

The Vokey Wedge Fitting app, unlike other online apps, is an in-person fitting where a fitter can match you into the ideal loft, bounce, and grind combinations in a matter of 15 minutes. This starts with a player interview to go over your game and tendencies, followed by the hitting portion of the fitting session. Here, you will take a series of shots where the app will calculate the best options for you based on the launch monitor data provided.

Key areas that are focused on are a player’s angle of attack and shaft lean at impact. Combining these data points with the various shots they hit (roughly 15 in total) is enough for the Vokey Wedge Fitting app to provide a full assessment of what wedges the golfer should be using.

TVWFA-studio.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

Don’t worry; there is more to this test than just the app and fitting experience. We want four testers to go through the Vokey Wedge Fitting app with a certified Titleist fitter and share their experience, including what it was like and how accurate they feel the results were. The testers will then receive the wedges chosen by the app to put them through on-course testing to see how the results match up.

We want to know if this could really replace a full wedge fitting. Can an indoor wedge fitting on a mat with only 15 swings really be just as good as an outdoor fitting? Let’s find out.

VWFAComputer.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 17.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 23.

141 Comments

Curious to see the results compared to the Mizuno or ping wedge fitters. Maybe in the future a company will do this for irons as well? 15 swings with a 7 iron and a few questions and bam a full set of irons with lies, lofts and shaft specs ready to go

Been wanting to replace my Vokey SM5s for a while now. Sounds like a great opportunity to do so! Good luck everyone

This sounds like fun! I’m getting close to needing new wedges, and getting to utilize a new fitting strategy like this is definitely intriguing. Would love to help see how accurate and easy this process would be for others. Good luck to all! 

Great opportunity! Could help dispel some of the doubt regarding indoor fitting sessions. Good luck to all who apply!

This looks really cool! All the grinds, bounce and lofts can be pretty confusing, although I think I'm more of a leading edge player instead of bounce.

Awesome opportunity for the chosen few!  I use Cleveland RTX and primarily a 52 only and a 56 in sand. Being relatively new to the game I've chosen to become better with just 1 loft (52 deg). My short game is one of my strengths. In a year or two I will branch out for a wedge fitting and more wedges.

Fantastic opportunity for those chosen! The app-based fitting looks interesting and presumably eliminates fitter-to-fitter variation and their personal bias. I'll be closely following the test. Good luck to all applying!

What an excellent opportunity. My son playing off a +2 has been saying I need a wedge fitting and should be playing the best wedges. So here’s to hoping I get selected🤞🏻

Wedges are like most of my clubs. Sometimes I hit them good, some bad, always can’t tell the difference in my set-up and swing. This would be a great chance to get at least the right wedge for my swing. Thanks.

Man this would be awesome. I did a “fitting” but it wasn’t anywhere near this.

I have played Vokey wedges for a long time.  My last wedge fitting was 10 years ago. I'd love to see how my current configuration stands up to a new evaluation, especially the bounce of my set.

Such a cool opportunity. Vokeys are my preferred wedge, I would love the chance to have the professionals walk me through a fitting. 

I’ve been custom fit for my irons and custom fit for my driver. I have been struggling to find a trio of wedges where the bounce and loft are better aligned with my game. In the last 3 years I’ve purchased at least 3 different 60* wedges in search of a perfect grind for the various shots I need to hit. The Vokey fitting app would be a perfect test for me!  

Volkey wedges are the best.  First set I bought were Willy nilly,eBay buys.  Second set were the SM8’s I currently am playing and for that I got fitted.  Very interested in doing this.  Thanks MGS for the opportunity to be selected

Had a brief wedge fitting once for Edels a while back and loved those wedges. Would like to see what it would be like with Vokeys. 

This would be perfect for everyone I feel.

I currently use "off the shelf" PW AND SW only. Never had the opportunity to get fitted for wedges and know exactly what I would need. 

Good luck to everyone who enters. 

This sounds like a great opportunity. Being I took a 5 year break from golf and just 3 months of a return. It would be great to see what they recommend and if they truly make a difference.

Currently playing Cleveland CBX 54* & 48* with pretty good results. My Mizuno Hot Metal PW has been giving me fits. I am hitting it all over the place. Also - I have never been fitted for wedges AND never found a lob wedge that I can reliably put into play…… ALSO  Looking for help when I short side myself- trying to get ball on green + close to hole! Michael Breed has been giving the new Vorkeys a lot of air time on his morning show  - I WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TEST THEM OUT.

Looking to feel the difference between the SM9 and the SM10.  I'm hearing good things about durability and spin.

This has been a great testing season so far!  How cool is this? This type of fitting sounds like the answer to wedges.  Hitting wedges off of mats tells me almost nothing, and the bigger the bounce the more likely results will be completely unusable or misleading.

I'm intrigued.  I'm following this one closely.  Good luck to all.  This could be  a test that changes the way people think about wedge fittings and getting fit in general.

This Test is now closed to further comments.