Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,965 signups
Equipment Type: Long Game
Vendor: Mizuno

Mizuno Long Game

Mizuno is here to bring back a favorite and often requested forum member test for 2023!  The Mizuno Long Game test will see testers fit the top end of their bag with the ST 230 line of clubs to see what sort of improvements can be made using Mizuno's latest gear.  Testers will get to experience the missing piece from their golf game in Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber which is featured throughout the lineup.  

image.png

What is the CORTECH Chamber?

The CORTECH Chamber: The Missing Piece:  Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber encases a dense stainless steel weight with elastomeric TPU, taking stress from the club face and creating an additional energy source.  At the same time, locating weight closer to the club face to reduce spin rates, while contributing to a more solid, powerful sensation at impact.

image.png image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test the ST 230 long game clubs!

Each tester will select:

1.  ST-X 230 or ST-Z 230 Driver

2.  Two other clubs (select from ST-Z 230 Fairways, ST-Z 230 Hybrids, or Fli-Hi Driving Irons) to fill in the gap to their top iron.

This Test is open to all US Forum Members! 

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

208 Comments

I currently use an older model of the Mizuno driver and I love it. I've been curious about their other clubs because I've heard they are great as well. I am very interested in finding out the difference of the new clubs. Happy testing and look forward to reading about this. 

Have a ST-G 220 but really want to see the ST-Z 230 on the course. Have gotten to try out a demo with a Mizuno rep and knew it would feel solid, but was shocked with how amazing it felt. Made a comment to the rep after every shot with how great it felt. But really want to give the fairway and especially the Fli-Hi a try. My buddy got one and absolutely loves it. Curious to see the improvement from the MP-20 HMB driving iron I have

Was just looking at picking up some new fairway woods and was considering the Mizuno ST-Z. Hopefully it's a sign or something! lol 

I started with a set of Callaway X14 iron hand-me-downs from my dad. Finally traded them in on a set of Mizuno MX25’s and I’ve been a fan ever since. Was fitted a few years ago with JPX921’s and working my way up the bag. I’ve added STX220 5&6 hybrids and just purchased the 7 wood a couple weeks ago. One more fairway then then replace my eight year old Callaway driver. I would love the opportunity to test.

After hitting so many drivers, this is truly one that I was not able to. 

I wish all the luck to all the participants. 

I have the Cobra Aerojet and absolutely love it but my buddy has always been a Mizuno player and swears by them. I’d be interested to try their clubs because I hear that once you try them you never look back. 

Wow ! Wow ! Mizuno come to Daddy ! Can't wait to be the winner . I have a full set of JPX921 tour 😁 . I have some spaces in my "Mizuno" wink wink bag. I'm going to light a candle in hope to be selected 😇

Would love to get my hands on this set especially the driving iron to try out on some of our tighter, shorter fairways. Mizuno is always a quality club choice especially for us mid/high handicappers. 

Love my 225 Irons -- need an upgrade on fairway and hybrid knockers..... great to see how the 23o's compare to my stealth also

I would love to test these as I already play Mizuno irons. I am currently looking for hybrids/fairway woods. I like my 3-wood, but it is old. I have never played a hybrid, but would be interested to try it. 

My long game is giving me fits right now! I've pieced together individual clubs (D, 3W, 5W) and just can't stay consistent. Last few rounds have been extremely frustrating as I can trace 90% of my "bad shots" to those clubs...mostly driver. Would LOVE a chance to put these to the test and go shoot my lowest score ever! Have our local club's biggest tournament of the year coming up next month too so this is PERFECT timing!! (fingers crossed!!)

Currently using TM M2 in driver & 3 wf + antique Titleist  5 wd & a Cobra hybrid. 4i retired, 5i close as turned 72 in May & need to try out hybrids. Current irons are Mizuno JPX919 forged S, 2* flat. So, I know what “look” I like & once I find something that works I can explain why. My budget is limited so rather than new sticks, I’d rather spend my $ PLAYING 3-4 times a week. Anybody else understand? 😀 

IMG_0761.jpeg

I bought the 923 forged irons earlier this year and am very happy with them. Being wanting to try the drivers and woods but haven't had the chance yet

Awesome test, I love my ST-Z driver and GT 180 3 wood. Obviously they make great irons but the woods are underrated!

Awesome opportunity I love my top end that I currently have and I'm currently testing so I'm not entering this one but its nice to see the big boys from Mizuno since you mostly hear about there irons and wedges would love to see the results against a Cobra/ TaylorMade  

9 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I promise I tried!  Unfortunately a lot of OEMs are set up with divisions rather than being purely Global. Even getting US and CAN has been difficult this year.  

Completely understand it’s not on MGS. It just a shame that while the brands are international they think in their small (or large) territories. Would be cool, for example, if these was a 4 person test to have one from each os US/CA EU Asia and AU/NZ.

Every time one is posted we all rush over here and then it’s almost always immediate deflation.

Put me in coach .Z line in regular flex if possible but im borderline according to latest info so stiff would work. 9.5 degree driver , 3 or 5 wood, 4 or 5 hybrid. Kind of needy huh but if your gonna ask then ask for what you want 🤣. I appreciate the opportunity even if I never get picked I think its a great way for some of us to really try out new products, especially those of us with less than desirable local testing opportunity. And its also a great way for the manufacturer to get a real opinion on a prolonged test instead of a few hours at a testing session. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.