Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

I currently use theGrint as my app, but I also write all my details down so I can manually imput my shots into mytaylormadeoncourse (this gives me shots gained info for free) and I use my trusty bushnell range finder!

I currently use a phone app for score tracking and distance to pins. Would be interested to give this a try to see if battery life can last a full round and how easy it is to use.

Have used Garmin watches my entire golfing life.  Would love to give the latest a go and provide a comparison to what I have worn to date.

I would love to test a new Garmin Watch.  I currently use a S40 and have used s10 and hand held garmin as well.  I play multiple rounds in multiple states and depend on Garmin products.  It would be a wonderful opportunity.  

I currently use golf shot but it's a pain to have to put in the scores at the end of each hole. Although the accuracy seems to be pretty decent. I would much prefer a watch type distance hitting process.

Very interested in trying this out.  I've used a Skycaddie in the past but found it clumsy.  These days I use a rangefinder, and I sometimes use the GPS feature of the GHIN app on my phone but that's not ideal either.  Having the convenience of a watch with the features that this one has would be cool.

Would love to test the S70 version. I have used the G12 and G30, love them both but have never had a watch model. Tired of reaching in my pocket for the hand-helds. GPSs for me are more accurate and easier to use than lasers; at 74 my hands aren't as still as I'd like them to be, plus I've experienced a lot of errors with background interference on the lasers. Also, I much prefer just pushing a GPS button rather than taking the laser out of its case, pushing the "on" button, trying to hold it stead and hope to hit the target.

Would love to test the S70 version. I have used the G12 and G30, love them both but have never had a watch model. Tired of reaching in my pocket for the hand-helds. GPSs for me are more accurate and easier to use than lasers; at 74 my hands aren't as still as I'd like them to be, plus I've experienced a lot of errors with background interference on the lasers. Also, I much prefer just pushing a GPS button rather than taking the laser out of its case, pushing the "on" button, trying to hold it stead and hope to hit the target.

I would love to give this a try...  I have used the s20, skyCaddie sx500 and a range finder.  I like using a range finder plus another device that shows me the front and back of greens to get a better understanding of the green complex.  So I am ready to try this new watch out.

I have been wanting to buy one of these ever since it came out! Never used a watch GPS (or any GPS for that matter) until I was selected to test the SkyCaddie LX5 on here in 2020. Finally caved in and gave it to a friend who was wanting it and now I'm missing a GPS. Would love to put not only the golf features to the test, but also the health features as well. Followers of my LX5 test know, but I have to keep daily logs of my heart rate at different times and also monitor overall heart health. This appears to do a great job of everything I need and I'd love to put it to the test!

Thanks Garmin and MGS for another amazing opportunity!

Would love to be tester for this watch. I have used Garmin on my bike for years and love all the detail and quality of the products. 

I posted "Other" for my current use. I have a Shotscope rangefinder, and until I lost it was using a Shotscope GPS. I also use a Garmin Venu watch, though it's not really a golf watch, and just gives me front/middle/back yardages. I'm finding the watch approach to be the most convenient, so I've been considering getting a new one. I'll wait until August 2nd to decide if I'm buying one 😉

Great opportunity. Curious to see how the new Garmin S70 stacks up head to head with Arccos and laser rangefinder in terms of accuracy, ease of use and data provided. 

Currently using Arccos and an Apple Watch SE, but having major battery life issues with my 2 year old SE.  I have to keep a charger in the cart and charge when we stop at the shack or between holes to get through 18.

Definitely interested in how the Garmin stacks up.

I was a Garmin fenix 6 user and love D having the course info on the watch. The app was a bit lacking with minimal info and wasn't great for tracking shots and I missed info from the holes on each course. The screen was very dim as well. I switched to the apple watch ultra and love  the screen but n ot the apps or the fact I have to pay for decent hole info. I would like to try the s70 since the screen seems bright and the hole info seems more detailed. I'd like to track shots and see more stats from my game as well. 

To test this product would be a great opportunity for me.  I currently use a Bushnell Pro which is quite bulky and requires me to carry to a shot.  Yes, it is very accurate which is why I use it.  Having the information on my wrist will be much easier and more timely.  I hope it is as accurate.  I also use Arccos but, only for after rounds to determine average yardages and effectiveness for various parts of my game.  The GPS vs. laser is a definite advantage especially when a direct shot is not available, or when trees or other obstacles are in the way as well.  Additionally, playing courses without the reflector in the flagstick makes it difficult to pinpoint accurate yardages with the laser.  I look forward to this test.

Garmin S62 is a great gps watch with some added biometrics.   Been using it for 2 years now without issues.   Would love to see the new one!  Tough to beat this one though.

This Test is now closed to further comments.