Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

I currently use my Apple Watch and swing u. Putting is one of my bigger weaknesses, it would be interesting to see how good this screen is for the green slopes. I don’t take my phone to the green to putt. 

Interested in testing this. I have a range finder, but I having been considering switching over to the watch. I always thought the other garmin watches were a tad too small, but this looks way better than those watches, but also a bit steep in price. Id love to test this. Thanks and good luck to the ones selected. 

I have used various Garmin products over the years and right now using the Approach S20 watch.  I have also used GameGolf, Arccos, and shot scope along with a laser device.  Always found the watch to be best.  The S20 is on it's last legs and cannot seem to find a gamin watch that holds up to the S20 for price and features.

I would love a new golf GPS watch that shows green contour data.   One of my biggest weaknesses seems to be the reading of the green.   My current watch is a Garmin as well, because I like features OFF the course as well.   I'd love to give this watch a good look.

Love to try the Garmin S70.  Playing partner has the S20, but I am old school.  I use a 4x6 notebook and create a grid and category for Driver, fairway wood, iron, hybrid, pitch/chip and putt.  I rate each shot 1-10, I would be interested in how my evaluation compares to true stats (plus then my partners would no longer suggest I am actually writing poetry versus recording shots)

I would love to try new Garmin.  Have never owned one...  usually ask playing partner distances.  so you could help me become LESS of a pain in the butt.     THANKS...     Hat's off to who among you came up with the idea of offering testing opportunities to us hackers.     THANK   YOU    

My Garmin S40 is awesome, but I love the updates the S70 has. I really like the Garmin system for tracking over Arccos, and the CT10 made it even better. 

I've had the Garmin S20 for several years, it's adequate but not easy to use during the round. I do very much like the convenience of the watch, much better than having to use a range finder or phone app because it's always available 

I would love the opportunity to test the Garmin S70 GOS golf watch. As a current owner and user of the Garmin S62 model ( and former user of the Bushnell Ion2 GPS watch, it would be great to evaluate the differences and improvements in the Garmin S70.

Being fully immersed in the Garmin Ecosystem, I use the s68 with the c10 sensors on all my clubs, along the r10. Curious to see how the S70 would fit in! See if it would really be worth the upgrade/$.

This Test is now closed to further comments.