Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

I play with the S62 now. The device has tons of very helpful features and if the S70 is an upgrade from that, it should be fantastic.

Have been using my S20 for years and would be lost without it.  Getting better so I use more judgment when I am approaching the green based on the distance on the watch and pin location. Off the tee, I know exactly where to find my ball knowing my club distance and starting distance.  Wonder what the newer models will do better?

On my fourth band though….

I have worn out a Garmin S1(band broke).  I am using a Garmin S20 (7 yrs) keep score and track putts with it.  I download each round to my IPAD but if there is another garmin in the foursome they sometime overlap.  Understand the concept real well so I should be able to give a good report on the use of th S70.  I am playing in the Myrtle Beach World Am which starts on 8/28 so if the test period runs thru that date I will be able to give it a workout.  Also I keep my steps on a daily and weekly basis on my S20, wear it as a regular watch.

I am between watches and have been actively researching exactly what I want, and this test popped up. My Fitbit finally died (or maybe I did, because according to it I haven't had a heartbeat for 3 months). I've been trying to decide between just replacing my Fitbit and continue with my phone app, repurchasing a smart watch and using an app that way, or buying a golf specific watch. What I do NOT want is to spend $600 on a golf watch and still need to get a daily driver for when I'm not on the course. My partner has a late model shot scope and I have truly loved it when I've gotten to use it, but it doesn't have robust enough capabilities for me to want it to be my solo watch, and that is what I'm looking for. I've looked at the s70 several times and not been willing to jump exactly because I don't know if it will do what I want. So an opportunity to test it and provide feedback was too much to pass up.

I’ve been using Arccos recently, but not like how the sensors seem to loosen my grips. Have used GolfLogix paid service and now just paid GHIN GPS for this upcoming year. Shoot with my rangefinder, but pin seeking is bad strategy. Would love to try something different than the phone in pocket. 

This would be a great opportunity to compare several Garmin golf products.  I have been using a Vivoactive 4 for nearly two years for fitness and golf.  My wife is using a Venu Sq for golf.  With the S70 I could see how a golf-focused Garmin wearable differs from more general fitness-focused wearables that also support golf.  My current watch tracks more rounds of golf than any other activity at this point anyway.

I use the Swing U golf app.  Which I think is pretty accurate, then my father in law, who use one of the other watches, gives me a number that is sometimes 10 yards different.  I need a new smartwatch anyway!! Good luck to everyone!!

This looks awesome.  I currently use the Precision Pro R1 and the attached app on iphone that gives help with wind speed as well as showing the front, back and middle of the greens from the R1, but I love the idea of having this on my wrist where all it takes is a quick look down prior to setting up for the shot.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I would love the chance to test the S70. I’ve used the S62 for the past 3 years and have enjoyed it. I’m very curious to see how much improved the S70 is and am happy to share my thoughts with everyone. Thanks.

I have been using the Garmin s62 for a few seasons with the added sensors for my clubs and absolutely love it. I would be hony to test the new watch out and see how Garmin continues to advance the analytical side of golf for us weekend warriors! 

I'd love to test the S70 vs the Epix 2 Pro I currently use... which is currently connected to my CT10 club monitors and used with the Z82 rangefinder.  I've been using Epix2/Epix Pro for a couple years and have always wondered what the difference is between the multifunction watch and one designed for golf.

New to the site and forum. Recently started using a Voice Caddy T8 as a wearable GPS tracker, as a wearable is my preferred option. Would love the chance to compare it with this Garmin model as part of the reviewing process!

I have worn my Costco purchased Samsung Gear S3 Frontier daily for 3+ years.  On the course, I have used watch apps before (Golfshot among others) and have never stuck with anything.  For the past year, I've been using the stock USGA GHIN app for yardages and score tracking.  Would love to try this out and use moving forward.  I like my Garmin Approach G80 on the range to help dial in my distances and tempo. 

Been using the Garmin S62 since it released and used the S60 before that. Prior to using the Garmin platform used Arccos and Clubhub. Also use a Bushnell X2 range finder. 

i'll add that. if i had to choose between the S62 or the rangefinder when i golf, i would prioritize the S62. when i play rounds without my S60 i find myself so frustrated not knowing distance to hazards or green depths. or just knowing where is the 100yd lay up. but one of the best features is knowing before i tee up with my driver where the 250 yd distance is so i know what i will have in play. when i play new courses the S62 is a tremendous benefit over the rangefinder.

Very familiar with all the features of the Garmin and it's competitors. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.