Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Im just in a (8 year) driver slump

Eseay32

I'll throw in 2cents and say change the way you practice to emulate playing conditions.

Every shot must have a very specific target even if it's a roof or tree in the distance. The more precise your target is the better, it helps to judge the shots quality and helps alignment on the course too.

Then axe hitting drives in rapid fire on the range unless you're working on a specific mechanic. Hitting consecutive drives shouldn't happen on the golf course and doing it in practice makes any pressure you'd typically feel on the Course nonexistent. You have to practice under pressure before you build a tolerance to it.

Take a moment in between each drive or even better hit a different club to a different target. It's also recommended to alternate your targets on drives to avoid getting in a groove to only a single target.

Then just put in a crap ton of reps using these principles. It will help you to get more benefit out of practice sessions and just as importantly help you to feel the same comfort level on the course as you have on the range. So long mental block!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Is it possible that when you get on the course, you start to overswing?

I do on some swings but not typically. You know once in awhile you get to the top of the swing and your mind goes “let's hammer this one!” But typically my tempo and swing speed is pretty consistent

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

My initial thought is that if you have a 4 handicap and struggle with your driver, you must be dang good with the rest of your game.  Some sessions with a local pro, perhaps one that specializes in this part of the game, is about all I can suggest. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

This is funny because you've now got 61 answers, but none will work, because it's all in your head.

Obviously good game, but just one (part time) mental problem.

I've never advised this to anyone before, and I'm not advising you do it now, but it just popped into my head.

Go see a shrink....

They might be better able to claw into your brain to find out what your block is...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

My initial thought is that if you have a 4 handicap and struggle with your driver, you must be dang good with the rest of your game. Some sessions with a local pro, perhaps one that specializes in this part of the game, is about all I can suggest.

I've thought about taking lessons but making sure it's an “on course” lesson. I have no need to stripe it on the range and the pro say “what do you need me for?”

Get him on the course and I'll have him scratching his head

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Archived