Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

PUREing your driver

On 5/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, pineneedlespro said:

I want my customers to play their BEST so no excuses on the equipment.  I will spine (also called pure) all shafts to 9 o'clock to hit the ball straight even if its not a good swing.  And I do not charge extra for this service!  If the player is good enough to work the ball then I will spine the shafts to 12 o'clock.  I will also flow-weight a set of iron shafts for a custom iron set at no extra charge.  I weigh every grip, shaft, and head as it arrives out of the shipping box.  And give the customer specs of each component and the finished product of every custom club I make.

When you say spine the shafts to 9 oclock or 12 oclock..  Does that mean the shaft will be easiest to flex away from the target on the down swing.?  and if that is the case, wouldn't putting the spine at 12 make the head droop?  I've seen where buiders put the stiff SIDE at 6 ocklock to prevent head droop on the downswing.

One length Pinemeadow irons  at 39" 

XR-16 driver

Callaway X-hot 13.5

Maltby KE4 TC 17deg hybrid

Warrior Golf wedges

Lamkin Permawrap Jumbo with 2 wraps

Odyssey Metal X putter

On 11/21/2023 at 4:26 PM, jaw1973 said:

When you say spine the shafts to 9 oclock or 12 oclock..  Does that mean the shaft will be easiest to flex away from the target on the down swing.?  and if that is the case, wouldn't putting the spine at 12 make the head droop?  I've seen where buiders put the stiff SIDE at 6 ocklock to prevent head droop on the downswing.

I spine the shaft at 9 o'clock which keeps the shaft tip stable at impact along with the clubface square at impact also.

WITB:

MALTBY TS2 irons Mizuno 54* mpt11 wedge Inazone 58* wedge

MALTBY KE4 tour driver  Ray Cook putter M1X

Integra #3 fwy.  SMT #5 fwy.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:32 PM, KC Golf said:

Someone may have answered this before. But in your experience…@pineneedlespro

How often do you find the driver shaft spine not factory set at 12 or 9 o’clock when it’s top is set up originally to OEM standard?  Is it off by a lot?  Aren’t shafts designed to be fairly consistent in terms of spine?

Just curious. 

I am impressed that you offer this for free. I have found that everyone charges for it. That’s great customer service. 

Just about all club companies can spine shafts but that takes too much time and time is money. So just about every driver or irons the spine is way off and the shaft will wobble in every direction so the miss hits are not totally the fault of the golfer. I spine all my shafts that come right out of the box. If the golfer wants to hit the golf ball straight I will spine the shaft at 9 o'clock (which keeps the tip and head stable at impact/less twisting). If a golfer wants to work the ball I will spine the shaft at 12/6 o'clock. A few graphite shaft makers will spine the shaft at the factory with a line on the butt end.

WITB:

Thanks for the note.  I have been having better results lately with my GD shafts.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

On 11/21/2023 at 4:26 PM, jaw1973 said:

Here is some information about clubhead droop------according to Ping (on the exam I took to be a clubfitter) the effective lie angle will flatten/droop with a #7 iron .52 degrees for men and .59 degrees for women. Also can find information at The Golfworks of the dynamics of the shaft in the swing. Also in much more detail head will droop with a downswing time of 0.39 seconds at the site of Tutelman. So every time I start with a static fitting I make sure the iron head toe is slightly off the ground as the fact that it will droop in the downswing.

WITB:

5 hours ago, pineneedlespro said:

Here is some information about clubhead droop------according to Ping (on the exam I took to be a clubfitter) the effective lie angle will flatten/droop with a #7 iron .52 degrees for men and .59 degrees for women. Also can find information at The Golfworks of the dynamics of the shaft in the swing. Also in much more detail head will droop with a downswing time of 0.39 seconds at the site of Tutelman. So every time I start with a static fitting I make sure the iron head toe is slightly off the ground as the fact that it will droop in the downswing.

Interesting.  thanks for the information.

One length Pinemeadow irons  at 39" 

XR-16 driver

Callaway X-hot 13.5

Maltby KE4 TC 17deg hybrid

Warrior Golf wedges

Lamkin Permawrap Jumbo with 2 wraps

Odyssey Metal X putter