Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf recommendations in Cape May, NJ?

Mike2020

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for public/semi-private courses within 30-45 minutes of Cape May, NJ?  The last 5 years we've contested the annual vacation "Cape May Cup" at Cape May National, which is a lovely course and nearby; I have no qualms with returning. I'm just wondering if there is something else of similar quality nearby to try out? Variety is the spice of life as they say.

Anyway any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

@Mike2020 as you clearly know, there's a few clubs to choose from as you travel up the freeway north out of Cape May, some better than others. It would be great if Union League National Golf Club was open to the public....but sadly not 😔

But IMO, the best public course around there is Shore Gate Golf Club, probably twenty, twenty-five minutes from Cape May. Let me know how you get on 🙂

Founder of yourgolfcourses.com - a website with the aim of helping the everyday golfer research where to play golf by featuring a load of 'best golf courses' and 'best public golf courses' lists in x state or y golf destination. 🙂⛳

• 2 weeks later...

@Yourgolfcourses.comthank you for the recommendation! We had a great time at shore gate, which was a very nice course; it was in good shape even with heavy rain the day before, very well maintained greens, which were rolling nicely. They warned us about the "undulations" of the course, but being from north jersey, that was nothing I wasn't used to. About those bunkers though; some of them would put the ones we're about to see at the open to shame! Thankfully I did not find myself in any of those,  haha.

Anyway, thank you again for the great recommendation!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't played it in a few years and not sure about the conditions but always enjoyed Avalon Country Club.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist