Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

What would you do?

Bang60

Hi, I'm trying to help my left handed brother to make his Ping irons easier to use. I'm asking for a quick response  he's visiting for 2/3 days if you don't mind. 

So back in the day he bought Ping Zing irons and loved them but his X used them and cut the shaft 1.5inches and so trying to reuse the heads he got a set of Ping eye irons with black dot spec's, I fitted the shafts from the eye heads into the zing heads without cutting to orange length and he played them and liked them so I want to take the next step with his fitting.

I've compared them with his Taylormade r7 irons which he had fitted by the agent in Auckland NZ, apparently they were setup at orange dot spec's which I don't believe because the black dot set is only .5inch different in length but? I've done a swingweight check between Tm and Ping and there's a big difference as Tm 8 iron is C1 and the Ping 8 iron is D0  he'd much prefer the Ping and has played a few rounds going down the shaft. He shot a net 62 on 23 hcap an 78yo lol, said he hits the ping straighter than Tm. 

I'm thinking .5inch shorter and a little lie angle adjustment and his wrist is 31 inches from the floor, would really appreciate your help. Cheers Colin

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

8 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Hi, I'm trying to help my left handed brother to make his Ping irons easier to use. I'm asking for a quick response  he's visiting for 2/3 days if you don't mind. 

So back in the day he bought Ping Zing irons and loved them but his X used them and cut the shaft 1.5inches and so trying to reuse the heads he got a set of Ping eye irons with black dot spec's, I fitted the shafts from the eye heads into the zing heads without cutting to orange length and he played them and liked them so I want to take the next step with his fitting.

I've compared them with his Taylormade r7 irons which he had fitted by the agent in Auckland NZ, apparently they were setup at orange dot spec's which I don't believe because the black dot set is only .5inch different in length but? I've done a swingweight check between Tm and Ping and there's a big difference as Tm 8 iron is C1 and the Ping 8 iron is D0  he'd much prefer the Ping and has played a few rounds going down the shaft. He shot a net 62 on 23 hcap an 78yo lol, said he hits the ping straighter than Tm. 

I'm thinking .5inch shorter and a little lie angle adjustment and his wrist is 31 inches from the floor, would really appreciate your help. Cheers Colin

The color codes are just starting points and don't mean that is what the player should have.   Typically most people just look at the color code chart for lie angle and not the length.   If he is choking down the shaft,  probably needs the irons to be a little shorter.   If you want to check lie angle do the sharpie test to see if adjustment is necessary.   The swingweight difference could be the result of many things:  grip weight differences, clubs head differences,  shaft weight, etc.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG