PXG Fitting Question

I took advantage of the PXG $25 fitting deal and have one scheduled with a local shop next week. Does anyone know if they'll "give" me anything to take away in case I choose to buy elsewhere? I've never been fitted before so I'm not sure how universal their fitting process will be like length, lie, shaft model, etc. recommendations.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Ping G25

3 Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics C721

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: Sub 70 699, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 115g

Sand Wedge: Ping CBX4 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

You don’t have very many options to buy pxg elsewhere. The pxg fitting is goin to be for pxg clubs. There is no guarantee that what you are fit for in pxg will equate to the same fit in another brand.

So if your goal is to not buy pxg clubs then getting fit by pxg for pxg clubs isn’t going to be good idea.

They will fit you for length, lie, loft, shaft, head, they will consider swingweight

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You don’t have very many options to buy pxg elsewhere. The pxg fitting is goin to be for pxg clubs. There is no guarantee that what you are fit for in pxg will equate to the same fit in another brand.

So if your goal is to not buy pxg clubs then getting fit by pxg for pxg clubs isn’t going to be good idea.

They will fit you for length, lie, loft, shaft, head, they will consider swingweight

Thanks. My preference is to go with Sub 70 and sharing with them what I got from the PXG fitting to build an ideal set. If I do like PXG enough, I'd consider them. Its just that most of their models are beyond my current skill and budget.

41 minutes ago, FightingScot82 said:

Thanks. My preference is to go with Sub 70 and sharing with them what I got from the PXG fitting to build an ideal set. If I do like PXG enough, I'd consider them. Its just that most of their models are beyond my current skill and budget.

PXG offers everything from players irons to game improvement. While skill level may play a role in a club type it’s more about your swing and what works and how much or how little forgiveness one is looking for in what works for them.

I know mid handicaps who have play more playerish irons because they work for their swings and inside low handicaps acquaintances that play a full set of hybrid irons 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I recently joined the PXG family for clubs. I went through a fitting at a golf galaxy (some callaway, Titleist, and taylormade iron) and took some of that information to the PXG fitting and I just ended up preferring the PXG stuff on price and performance.

Personally, I had a really good experience with the fitter. Did an iron fitting, full bag, and eventually a long game/driver challenge fitting. (My iron fitting was outdoors and it was wet and windy, so we rescheduled and I ended just going through a full bag fitting). I never felt pushed to buy anything from them, in fact the fitter suggested I don't buy the driver at the time, which was the right call for me.

The fitter should give you the specs for what you like by the end of it so you can take that to others if needed.

Be sure to be vocal about what you are looking for, swing/shot shape tendencies, what you are wanting to try, etc.

I'm not sure what clubs you are trying to get, but the "lucky 7" can be a pretty decent promo to help cut some costs, especially if looking at getting wedges or hybrids

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/promotions/lucky-7.html

Enjoy the process and good luck!

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

On 4/4/2024 at 3:28 PM, FightingScot82 said:

As @RickyBobby_PR said, PXG has irons for everyone and every level. There's no doubt they'll find a head/shaft combo that works with your swing and skill. 

Regardless, they should give you the final details of what they fit you into. Heads, shafts, lengths, lies, lofts, etc. If they don't, then ask for it in detail.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
or
Driver: :callaway-small: Ai Smoke Ti 340 Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter: Maltby Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder & Testing the Vortex Anarch Rangefinder.

15 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

As @RickyBobby_PR said, PXG has irons for everyone and every level. There's no doubt they'll find a head/shaft combo that works with your swing and skill. 

Regardless, they should give you the final details of what they fit you into. Heads, shafts, lengths, lies, lofts, etc. If they don't, then ask for it in detail.

Yeah the website breaks down each category and what irons fit into each one

My fitting was great. I was worried about judgment from the fitter because I don't play or practice nearly enough to get consistent ball striking, but was quickly eradicated.

I was fit for the 0311 XP but was told with practice the 0311 P would suit me long term. The sticker price is more than I want to spend so I may hold out for a sale or see if I can take these measurements to a well-versed fitter for something more in line with my budget.

I did enjoy the PXG clubs - if I had the money I would have pulled the trigger on the spot. Take advantage of the $25 fitting deal if you can.

13 minutes ago, FightingScot82 said:

My fitting was great. I was worried about judgment from the fitter because I don't play or practice nearly enough to get consistent ball striking, but was quickly eradicated.

I was fit for the 0311 XP but was told with practice the 0311 P would suit me long term. The sticker price is more than I want to spend so I may hold out for a sale or see if I can take these measurements to a well-versed fitter for something more in line with my budget.

I did enjoy the PXG clubs - if I had the money I would have pulled the trigger on the spot. Take advantage of the $25 fitting deal if you can.

If you are looking at the big OEMs you are going to find that clubs are going to be around the same price per irons as these or more. Most fitters are only going to have the big brand irons. Also because of different designs in face thickness, cg location, weight and how that can affect swing and ball flight, just saying to a fitter here is what pxg fit me to what will work for me in brands X,y, or Z is going to be hard to give a definitive answer. The fitter will probably have you try to hit some of the clubs with same shaft to see wha the ball flight is. If he/she just says “go with those combo from brand X” I would walk away.

I can tell you between p790,i5xx from ping and the pxg irons I have been before into different shafts and have had different lm numbers using the same shaft in each.

If price is a factor then you are probably better off looking at a dtc brand like sub 70. Contact them and give them your specs and let them get you on the closest thing possible. 

I’ll be taking advantage of a fitting gift for a new driver on the 22nd.  Initially looking at the black ops to replace my TSi2, but will approach this with an open mind with their other models.  Anyone have thoughts or impressions on their driver line up?

typically shoot in the mid upper 80s on my home course and low 90s elsewhere.  Swing speed in a 98 mph…

TSi3 Driver 9*

TSi3 Fairway 16*

818h hybrids

TM Irons

SM9 wedge set

Ping putter