Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Shot Scope V5 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@unccross - Main Post 

@Bohnson - Main Post 

@Irish-Assassin - Main Post 

@RohanVster - Main Post

Update to my earlier post on the V5.  Shot my fourth round with the watch and it missed 3 holes.  Complete holes.  In addition it missed 6 shots on the 15 holes that were recorded.  On the bright side it thinks I shot a 59 so I have got that going for me.  Not sure what to do with this thing.  On three earlier rounds it would miss a shot or two but this is ridiculous.  It has the latest firmware and think I am using it correctly.

Update: I am now trying to recreate the missed shots to see if there is a pattern to specific tags being missed

Update 2 ( Update Harder ) : Nothing stands out on the three missed holes, two were par threes and one was a par 4.  Have done a factory reset on the watch and next round will wear it on the inside of my arm to have it closer to the tags.

Edited by mongo312

Callaway Paradym X 10.5 set to 11.5

Callaway Paradym 3+ wood

Callaway Paradym 3/4/5 hybrid

Mizuno 923JPX irons 6-W AMT Black R300

Cleveland CBX2 48, 52, 56

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the V5 today after reading some great and some not so great reviews. 

Former Arccos user here looking for a relatively seamless solution that gives me the data that I need to get better. 
the V5 sounds great and I hope it’s not too good to be true. 

Stumbled upon this thread this evening while internally debating whether or not I should take it out of the box or just return it. 

Sensors are now on the clubs and watch is charging. 
Here’s hoping the V5 can deliver!!

On 8/29/2024 at 10:17 PM, B1gd1ckr1ck said:

Bought the V5 today after reading some great and some not so great reviews. 

Former Arccos user here looking for a relatively seamless solution that gives me the data that I need to get better. 
the V5 sounds great and I hope it’s not too good to be true. 

Stumbled upon this thread this evening while internally debating whether or not I should take it out of the box or just return it. 

Sensors are now on the clubs and watch is charging. 
Here’s hoping the V5 can deliver!!

How did it go on your first round, mate? Hope you enjoyed using the watch and also that it helped you with the yardages.

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: AD 333

Completed testsShot Scope V5

Just now seeing this. 

I've been using the v5 for awhile. Since before I joined the forum.  I have roughly 30 rounds tracked so far with it. And I have some feedback. 

I had my first one fail. At some point it quit reading any tags. CS was great they walked me thru some troubleshooting and when it didn't work they sent me a new one.  A+ customer service.  

I have noticed some issues with holes at different courses. Specifically the par ratings and tee box colors. They have a quick support email and they are usually updated within 24 hours if it's a work week. Longer over weekends.  All my regular courses are current now so non issue. 

Putting. If you use anything other than a standard grip or standard length putter the sensor won't catch.  I've switched to manual putting input but I am terrible about it. So my putting stats are junk. I need to be more diligent about it but the last thing on my mind is the watch while I'm reading greens.

Missed shots. I've had several and what I've found is that it's typically with non full swing shots.  Especially when doing a waist or shoulder high chip shot my wrist doesn't get  close enough to the band as I'm not making a full L in my back swing. My solution here is that with every club I take a full practice swing first before dialing in my distance swing. This allows the watch to catch and I tell myself it's good for staying loose and stretched but I'm not sure that is true.

Syncing rounds. Sometimes she acts up and doesn't wanna sync. Annoying but manageable.  You have to sign out of the app and remove device from Bluetooth register. Then re connect. It's not often but it happens occasionally. 

Improvements.  Probably not possible due to battery life and stuff. I really wish I could edit a hole after completing it and not have to wait until the round was completed.  

When I get a missed shot it's pretty apparent.  I will finish out and the auto score will be off. It will say 3 and I'm like no I had a 4. So I can manually add that one in the score but I can't put where it was and what club it was till the end. It would be nice to be able to correct on the fly. 

Past that. I love this thing. I've used a dozen different apps and tried the tracking with a smart watch.  Too much interaction.  I'm much more interested in not dealing with anything but hitting the ball. So this has been ideal. Still have to dink with it some but not nearly as much as other things. The gps front to back has been great. I don't bother moving the pin location even though it's an option. 

My standard process for approach shots is to range the pin. Use the watch for front and backs then compare that to my distances card to see what shot I need to hit to carry onto the green but not roll past the back edge. And hopefully stick it close (rare). 

I just found out that you can save a mint on shotscope stuff if you are an expert voice member.  Just a heads up if you want any of their gear

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

2 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Just now seeing this. 

I've been using the v5 for awhile. Since before I joined the forum.  I have roughly 30 rounds tracked so far with it. And I have some feedback. 

I had my first one fail. At some point it quit reading any tags. CS was great they walked me thru some troubleshooting and when it didn't work they sent me a new one.  A+ customer service.  

I have noticed some issues with holes at different courses. Specifically the par ratings and tee box colors. They have a quick support email and they are usually updated within 24 hours if it's a work week. Longer over weekends.  All my regular courses are current now so non issue. 

Putting. If you use anything other than a standard grip or standard length putter the sensor won't catch.  I've switched to manual putting input but I am terrible about it. So my putting stats are junk. I need to be more diligent about it but the last thing on my mind is the watch while I'm reading greens.

Missed shots. I've had several and what I've found is that it's typically with non full swing shots.  Especially when doing a waist or shoulder high chip shot my wrist doesn't get  close enough to the band as I'm not making a full L in my back swing. My solution here is that with every club I take a full practice swing first before dialing in my distance swing. This allows the watch to catch and I tell myself it's good for staying loose and stretched but I'm not sure that is true.

Syncing rounds. Sometimes she acts up and doesn't wanna sync. Annoying but manageable.  You have to sign out of the app and remove device from Bluetooth register. Then re connect. It's not often but it happens occasionally. 

Improvements.  Probably not possible due to battery life and stuff. I really wish I could edit a hole after completing it and not have to wait until the round was completed.  

When I get a missed shot it's pretty apparent.  I will finish out and the auto score will be off. It will say 3 and I'm like no I had a 4. So I can manually add that one in the score but I can't put where it was and what club it was till the end. It would be nice to be able to correct on the fly. 

Past that. I love this thing. I've used a dozen different apps and tried the tracking with a smart watch.  Too much interaction.  I'm much more interested in not dealing with anything but hitting the ball. So this has been ideal. Still have to dink with it some but not nearly as much as other things. The gps front to back has been great. I don't bother moving the pin location even though it's an option. 

My standard process for approach shots is to range the pin. Use the watch for front and backs then compare that to my distances card to see what shot I need to hit to carry onto the green but not roll past the back edge. And hopefully stick it close (rare). 

I just found out that you can save a mint on shotscope stuff if you are an expert voice member.  Just a heads up if you want any of their gear

given all the items you listed where the item doesnt work properly i will pass on using this device.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.