Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

GOLF+ - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts here:

@mynerds Main Post

@GregGarner Main Post

@Fongle Main Post

12 hours ago, GregGarner said:

I wouldn't say faux pas, per se, but both UI and UX design involve a series of choices, each that come with trade-offs. For example, the UI is fairly realistic, but they didn't go for photo-realistic. Personally, I think this is wise (especially considering the uncanny valley), but the trade-off is the... interesting?... looking fans in the stands and how the avatars don't have legs, even in multiplayer. The only real recommendation I have for UI is some of the menu design isn't super intuitive and the controller UI is literally invisible, but you catch on pretty quickly. I'm still not very good at teleporting though 🙂 

On the UX side, it's a little more nuanced because UX is very personal. The easiest thing for me to point to is what we've already been discussing, which is how difficult it's been FOR ME to adapt my IRL swing to my VR swing. It's so, so easy for me to slip up and hit a block-slice off the planet in the game when my IRL miss is a pull-draw. I don't have the capture technology to be able to analyze why this is true, but I suspect it has to do with the weighting of the device and how the sensors in the controller are interpreting my movement patterns. Couple other things here, of course, but I'll put those in my hat for now

Yeah adjusting to the weight of the controller has been the hardest part for me, both in Golf+, and then trying to readjust to real golf clubs afterwards

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802