Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Cleveland Smartsole wedges

civic

I actually picked up all 4 of the wedges over the past couple of years. They have a gap, sw, lw and chipper. The one that has made it into my bag permanently is the chipper which is 42* and the length of a putter. I have learned to use it up to 130 yards now with a smooth swing. My brother calls it a binky lol. I took out my gap wedge and only use my SW out of the rough from 75-100 yards or around the green to chip or bunkers. I pretty much can got on the green with my chipper 8/10 times and with the sole if I hit it a bit "fat" it still a good shot, in fact its better to hit it a bit fat. The problem I had with the SW and GW was hitting it fat and costing me strokes. I don't have that problem anymore with the chipper. And for me the shorter the club the better I hit my shots. Its why I also hit my hybrids better than my woods off the deck.  

Anyone else play game improvement wedges? My 54 and 60 are Callaway MacDaddy CB's. I figured if I'm playing game improvement cavity back irons why not have the same forgiveness in my wedges. 

Taylormade BRBR Mini Driver 11.5

Taylormade Stealth Plus 5 wood 

Callaway Paradym x 18* hybrid

Callaway Paradym x 21* hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 7 wood

Wilson D9 irons 4-GW

Callaway MacDaddy CB 54, 60 wedges

Cleveland Smartsole chipper

Heavy Putter Mallet