Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

aspen lake and crooked river in oregon

rodeocody

Amazing coarses played them over the weekend of the 5th of July not busy at all both coarses looked amazing the views at crooked river amazing best view at any golf coarse I've ever been to would recommend if in oregon hit these two up

I play both of these courses each year.  Crooked River is rather short but a nice course.  I love the views at both courses, and the lava sand at Aspen Lakes.

IMG_3300 (1).jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Another fun coarse we played was meadow lakes in prineville was in amazing condition

I am sure that it is nice, but my wife and I played it in rain and about 20 mph wind so I didn't think it was so nice at the time.  Maybe another trip.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Aspen Lakes might be the best course for the price anywhere in the NW. Such a gem!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: SIM2 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with Ventus Blue 6X Velocore

3WD: MAVRIK SZ

5WD: MAVRIK SZ

3i: Titleist U500 w/ Tour AD 95X

5-PW: Mizuno MP20 MMC w/ C-Tape Lite X 115

52: Mizuno T20 Chrome

56 & 60: Cleveland ZipCore Tour Raw

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 (34"/4/71)

Ball: THE Titleist Pro V1x

Aspen Lakes might be the best course for the price anywhere in the NW. Such a gem!

High Praise...

There are some pretty good tracks in the PNW.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Aspen, but it doesn't even make my top 10 for Oregon...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

High Praise...

There are some pretty good tracks in the PNW.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Aspen, but it doesn't even make my top 10 for Oregon...

I like Aspen, but I think you are right.  BTW, what are your top 10 in Oregon?  And don't list Bandon courses because they are on everyone's top ten!!  

I like Aspen, but I think you are right.  BTW, what are your top 10 in Oregon?  And don't list Bandon courses because they are on everyone's top ten!!  

Here are My top 10.. (not including 3 of the Bandon Courses)

In no particular order.

• Eugene Country Club
  • Pumpkin Ridge
  • Tokatee
  • Eagle Point
  • Running Y Ranch
  • Pronghorn
  • Brasada Ranch
  • Tetherow
  • Wildhorse
  • Salishan

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Ya oregon has a ton of amazing coarses just sharing my thoughts on coarses for my weekend my favorite coarse is actually cougar canyon in Myrtle creek

Glad that you enjoyed the rounds there.  Don't get me wrong. I really like Aspen.  Top tier golf facility in my mind...  I just prefer some other venues a bit more..  

In no particular order.

• Eugene Country Club
  • Pumpkin Ridge
  • Tokatee
  • Eagle Point
  • Running Y Ranch
  • Pronghorn
  • Brasada Ranch
  • Tetherow
  • Wildhorse
  • Salishan
Eugene country club definitely on my list pronghorn never played want to

Sent from my SM-S975L using MyGolfSpy mobile app

High Praise...

There are some pretty good tracks in the PNW. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Aspen, but it doesn't even make my top 10 for Oregon...

I never said it was in my top 10. Said it might be one of the best courses for the value in the PNW.

The Home Course in WA is another that's up there for the value. Salish Cliffs is stunning as well and you can get on for $50 sometimes there.

I've played Aspen for under $50 with a cart every summer...not too many courses that you can do that on that aren't pastures.

Driver: SIM2 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with Ventus Blue 6X Velocore

3WD: MAVRIK SZ

5WD: MAVRIK SZ

3i: Titleist U500 w/ Tour AD 95X

5-PW: Mizuno MP20 MMC w/ C-Tape Lite X 115

52: Mizuno T20 Chrome

56 & 60: Cleveland ZipCore Tour Raw

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 (34"/4/71)

Ball: THE Titleist Pro V1x

In no particular order.

• Eugene Country Club
  • Pumpkin Ridge
  • Tokatee
  • Eagle Point
  • Running Y Ranch
  • Pronghorn
  • Brasada Ranch
  • Tetherow
  • Wildhorse
  • Salishan

It's a nice list, several that I would like to play some day.  I don't see any of the courses at Sunriver;  Crosswater, Meadows, Woodland?  Wildhorse is only an hour away from me and it's fun, inexpensive, but not sure I would put it in a Top 10 list.  45 minutes away is Wine Valley and even though it is in Washington, it is a really great course.

Curious why Sandpines in Florence is not on your list.  I hear it's sort of Bandon Dune-ish and much less expensive.  I might stop there on my next Bandon trip.

I never said it was in my top 10. Said it might be one of the best courses for the value in the PNW.

The Home Course in WA is another that's up there for the value. Salish Cliffs is stunning as well and you can get on for $50 sometimes there.

I've played Aspen for under $50 with a cart every summer...not too many courses that you can do that on that aren't pastures.

Certain times, Aspen can be a little pricey, but there are deals to be had.  

If you are expanding the range of courses for this topic to Washington, there are many more great courses to visit.  In the western part of Washington, the Home Course (home of the WSGA and PNWGA) is indeed nice, but I would prefer Gold Mountain Olympic Course.  In Central Washington I would include all courses at Suncadia, and in Eastern Washington I would put Wine Valley at the top followed by Palouse Ridge on the WSU campus, and Circling Raven on the south side of Lake Coeur d'Alene.  

It's a nice list, several that I would like to play some day.  I don't see any of the courses at Sunriver;  Crosswater, Meadows, Woodland?  Wildhorse is only an hour away from me and it's fun, inexpensive, but not sure I would put it in a Top 10 list.  45 minutes away is Wine Valley and even though it is in Washington, it is a really great course.

Curious why Sandpines in Florence is not on your list.  I hear it's sort of Bandon Dune-ish and much less expensive.  I might stop there on my next Bandon trip.

Every time we play there, the course is in great shape, is a fun layout, and I have a great time.  

Sunriver courses are ok, but do not suit my game.  I prefer a little more open look from the tee.  Crosswater might be ok, but the $$$. Ugh.  

Sandpines is fine, but nowhere near as good as other courses on the coast.  Since they fired their pro, and he went to Ocean Dunes a few years back, I haven't been back.  Also, slightly overpriced  IMO.  

Archived