I take a yearly golf trip with another 20 or so guys and its coming up (I leave wednesday).
From Wednesday -> Sunday I generally smoke 25-30 cigars.
By the end of the weekend its possible that I can't taste anything anymore
It generally works out like this:
- Wednesday is a 6-8 hour drive (depending on how far we decide to drive that day) the drive usually includes one or two cigars and maybe a stop for some golf (9-holes - so one cigar here too) - this year we're meeting one of the attendees at his lake house so there'll be a few cigars in the evening as well
- Thursday is usually nine holes first thing in the AM - so another cigar. Then we finish the trip to where we're meeting everyone (not usually long enough to get a cigar in). Then we play 18 after arrival (2-3 cigars) and then there's 1-2 cigars after dinner
- Friday is 36 holes of golf. Generally 4-6 cigars (depending on cigar size and round speed). Then dinner and cigars afterwards (another 1-2)
- Saturday is a repeat of Friday
- Sunday is 18 holes first thing in the morning (2-3 cigars) and then we do the full 9-ish hour drive home all one shot. So we'll get through 2-3 cigars just depending
Anyone else do something like this on a regular basis? Doesn't have to be a golf trip. Maybe a weekend with buddies where cigars and booze are on hand?