Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,681 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

1.jpg

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

3.jpg

What is Being Tested: 

We are searching for four golfers who aren’t scared of some bad weather golfing. These selected golfers will be fitted with the new Galway Bay Renvyle Golf Rain Jacket and Claddagh China Rain Pant for testing and review. 

The best part? You get to keep all of it once you are finished. 

With three-layer fabric to block wind and rain that is soft and quiet, these new designs look to allow golfers to play and look their best no matter the conditions. 

If you enjoy playing in the wind and rain, then this is the opportunity for you! 

4.jpg

* Registration closes April 4. 

* Testers will be announced on the Forum April 9. 

* Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 

* This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America and the UK.

148 Comments

This testing opportunity I would welcome with open arms. Living in Puerto Rico you can experience the tropical conditions everyday on the golf course. This rain gear can be a huge difference maker.

Definitely interested. I've always been shy to pull the trigger on something expensive that's going to sit in my bag most of the year. But it's time...

I would have loved to had this gear a couple months ago, when I started playing in light snow and finished the round in rain. In Va, we may not get as much rain as Washington state. But the weather can change at the drop of a hat. So we may start with sun but we could finish is rain. I would love the opportunity to test this equipment out, seeing how I don’t own rain gear at the moment. 

As the UK (and especially Nottingham) has had the worst wet weather for the first three months of the year, it would be an absolute delight to be able to be a tester for you!

This would be great as I don't have any good rain gear currently. I'd be prepared for pop up showers here in Myrtle Beach, SC

Great testing opportunity. It used to never rain in NY. Now I feel it rains so much in the spring and summer. I usually don't play, but if this gear can keep you dry, it might be a game changer to play more golf.

"April showers brings May flowers!" is a true statement in Saskatchewan.   Add the strong winds that can occur in the Prairies and I feel like I'm golfing in the UK.  I have rain gear that is ok but it does not breath very well and is not very fashionable.   When golf fees are $100 here we golf rain or shine!  Would love to try Galway rain gear!

1 hour ago, Bill Galinas said:

Philadelphia cannot compete with Scotland or Ireland for bad weather, but I play in all but the most extreme rain.  Also, I play for my club in the Golf Association of Philadelphia interclub team matches.  Anyone who as played in them knows they have at least one Sunday that is unplayable due to extreme downpours but we have to finish.  I also play in cold and wind all winter long, I am seeking out some good weather gear. 

Great gear and they are having a sale right now if you don't get pick to review! I have been looking to add some more to my wardrobe you will not be disappointed!

I live in Newfoundland, Canada where the average annual precipitation is between 1200 mm and 1600 mm and average 30 kmph winds. 🙃 My partner wears Calvin Green and I would love to compare this to his! 

Spring  time  in Pacific  northwest  would  be the ultimate test for wind,sleet,grapple, snow, wet. Brethability in material  is a must.

Truth be told, in the upstate of SC., we really don’t see a huge sudden ton of rain. I believe there might be some better testers out there for this product than I. God speed to all those that entered. 

If you’ve ever played golf on the Colorado front range in the late spring or early summer you need good rain gear for those daily afternoon thunderstorms. I’ve been largely happy with my last two sets, Sun Mountain and Callaway, but I’m always looking for something better.

Plenty of opportunity to test out this rain gear in Dublin. Would love to help to support Irish if possible!

Seattle is a pretty good place to test rain gear. When I travel to Arizona in the winter they all stay home if it rains. They’re always surprised when I show up to play in that weather. Then I explain that I live in Seattle , and if I don’t play in the rain, I don’t get to play as much. 

With three kids I can't be picky when it comes to weather if I want to play, so I frequently play in the rain. I own Galway Bay jacket based on previous MGS reviews and I am very curious if they could reach that waterproof rating without impacting performance. I know Outdry was able to do it in footwear, but fabrics are a different ballgame. A pic of my son with my Galway Bay jacket in Galway Ireland.

IMG_1842.jpeg

Western Pa cannot compete with the rain in Florida, Scotland, or Ireland. But, it is spring and daily could go from 36* at 6:00am to 60* at noon. We often get the “not hard enough to make you quit but (rain) ain’t stopping anytime soon” rains. 

Besides, I’m willing to stand in the yard with my clubs and let my wife and daughter go crazy with the hose if we hit a dry spell! LOL

Bigger question is do they make their stuff in a 3xl or 4xl to fit someone 6’4” and 350 pounds?

My rain gear is outdated and needs to be replaced. It rains heavy here in Florida, so would be very interested in testing Galway’s latest! 

This has been a terrible month for rain in Southeastern Va.  Rain gear would have been very beneficial.  Thanks for the opportunity to try a set.

This Test is now closed to further comments.