Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,559 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

Would love to try new lab putter. Been gaming my Odyssey White hot for some time now. I think its time. Will remember you fondly.

I've been thinking about getting a Lab putter for so long now it's about time!

Been hmtesting a bit with the „old“ DF2.1 - I was so close to just grab one 👀 comparing it again in detail would be awesome 

Would love to try the DF3 I play the DF2.1 at the moment which is great but I love the look of the more compact DF3 ⛳⛳🙏🙏⛳⛳

Wow! Another great test available to testers worldwide!

I have been fiddling with my putter setup for a couple of years now. I think I have finally managed to understand what is the right toe hang angle, shaft length and head weight for me. I am putting extremely well at the moment with both my Spider X and my Scotty 5.5, but I have been reading very intriguing things about L.A.B. putters. 

I am an engineering professor and I usually need to understand the physics behind equipment features before I commit. I definitely would like to try L.A.B. and beyond testing the gear, dive deep into understanding the principles that separate their design approach from that of other manufacturers. People rarely seem to understand he impact that putter design can have on their stroke. I find this fascinating. 

My course has perfect greens, always at 10 or higher speed and the ball rolls flawlessly. It certainly does not let you hide from bad putting. Really looking forward to this test, and it would be a blast to try it myself.  

Actually super frothy about this one. I’ve been deep down the rabbit hole of Scotty Cameron for a few years and currently playing with a Special Select Squareback 2. But the theory behind L.A.B has really grabbed my interest recently. Having the opportunity to test one during a few rounds on the local tracks would be unreal.

Yes please.  Need help with my putting. Been bouncing between my 2 Scotty's and a 2 ball.  Been watching Eric on the latest few Random Golf Club videos on YouTube and have been wondering how they would go in my hands.  Would be very keen

Would love to do another putter test. An extended test is the only way my MLA will leave the bag, but it will only stay out if the results say the LAB works better for my score

Really awesome opportunity! Just saw a video of the Lab Golf process on BustaJacks YouTube channel. Looks like a great company that is doing some really innovative stuff! Best of luck to everyone! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.