Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,559 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

I would love the opportunity to play the L.A.B. putter for several rounds to see how the engineering plays out on the greens. I watched a YouTube video with the owner playing Brandon Dunes and have been intrigued since.

As a golf enthusiast, I'm thrilled about the prospect of testing out the Lab DF3 putter, especially in comparison to my trusty Scotty. The idea of exploring new technologies and design innovations in golf equipment always ignites my excitement. It's like stepping into uncharted territory on the greens, ready to discover how this new tool could potentially elevate my putting game. While my Scotty has been a reliable companion on the course, the allure of trying out something fresh and cutting-edge is undeniably tempting. Here's to embracing the journey of improvement and the joy of experimentation in pursuit of mastering the art of putting!

Love my MEZZ1

may have to try the DF3 in the future....always looking for a back-up, BUT the MEZZ is the #1 priority

enjoy the end over end rolls !!!!

burying the rock............

I had a chance to try out the DF 2.1 that a club pro was using and it felt great. Would love the opportunity to compare the DF 3 to my current putter and experience with the DF 2.1.

I had tried the DF 3 but it was just too big.  I have tried the DF 2.1 at PGA Tour Superstore and really liked it as I have always used a mallet putter but I use a 32" putter so I would have the custom route and 

it is a lot of money to spend on an experiment so this would be a great chance to see if it is really what I want to use.  I would be happy to pay for it if it works.  

48 minutes ago, rarce_torres said:

LAB office is no that far from where I live...  If selected I would see about going there for a fitting.

Very cool - I'd love to see LAB HQ (I get out to Oregon every year or so), so its def on my list.  Plus it would be SOOOOO COOL to meet & hang with Sam - I'm such a huge fan of him.

47 minutes ago, jnagel said:

Having used an off the rack DF 2.1 for a couple of seasons now (it's come out of the bag a few times), I was thinking the Link.1 was going to be perfect for me.  So I did an official fitting, aaand it wasn't.  I'm hopeful the DF3 is going to be "the one".  Regarding the 2.1, I can't say enough great things about the technology and how good the putter is, but as many have stated (here and elsewhere), adapting to slower greens is tough, and once you start getting your hands involved, all of the benefits of the lie angle balanced are lost.  Candidly, I struggle with any putter when the greens slow down, but anything around face balanced (i.e. minimal toe flow) is more difficult for me in this case. 

Also I've heard people remark they tend to pull putts with this, and that is totally a symptom of using your hands or having the wrong ball position (usually too far back believe it or not, because with the onset, you subconsciously try and square it early with your hands).  In any case, this is a great video from LAB anyone selected should watch (and there are a bunch of others on their channel):  

Was just about to share this - def a good way to prep for the stroke change on a LAB!

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have a feeling this this may be the most popular test of the season... maybe. 

It's got to be right up there! Unless this is a hint at another special test coming soon? 🤩

I know that everyone I golf with and talk to about golf with talks about LAB putters anytime putters are talked about. Really, the only barrier to entry being price (which, IMO, is justified based on what they do during manufacturing and balancing). 

Thanks to LAB and the forum staff for putting another great test together!

I would love a chance to test this and A/B it with my LAB Mezz 1 (which I've been gaming for 6 months). I have an ExPutt so can provide detailed comparisons vs both the Mezz and I also used to own a LAB Link 1, and can compare on-course stats with Arccos as well.

I've been going back and forth between the Scotty mallet and Scotty blade putter, but have read a bunch on these LAB putters and would love to try them out.  Nobody carries them around here and I don't know of anyone with one.  So this would be a great opportunity!  Good luck everyone.

2 hours ago, chupac78 said:

I have about  20 putters in my collection that I have tested and tried from TM, EVNROLL, SCOTTY CAMERON, PXG, and ODYSSEY. I would love the opportunity to add this to the list and give it a go. Thank you Golfspy! 

I thought I had a bunch of putters, you have me beat my friend. 

9 hours ago, Braehead said:

I've done it and made the switch.  I've also reviewed and compared it with my own putter here in the forum already.  LAB will disagree but when you pick the testers I'd suggest you get them fit online and in person to compare the two methods.  

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! 

This sounds like a good idea. Getting fit for a putter is as important as getting fit for a driver.

Been looking at these forever. Hopefully I'll actually be able to test something and this will be the perfect thing to test to see if it can truly improve my atrocious putting

For those who will be selected you’re going to LOVE this putter. L.A.B. Tests are so much fun. Good luck you guys!

I’ve played golf for 50 yrs and I practice my putting everyday but still have low confidence when I’m standing over a putt. Testing the LAB DF3 against my other putters so I can relay my experience to others would be amazing. 

1 hour ago, Bulldoggy said:

I would love the opportunity to play the L.A.B. putter for several rounds to see how the engineering plays out on the greens. I watched a YouTube video with the owner playing Brandon Dunes and have been intrigued since.

Was it the SkratchTV YouTube video by chance? My favorite part of that video was that LAB gave one of the guys a LINK1 putter to use because his clubs didn't make it and the guy putted lights out! 😆

This Test is now closed to further comments.