2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,614 signups
Equipment Type: Driver Shaft
Vendor: AutoFlex

Introduction

1.jpg

The world of premium golf shafts is extensive and complicated. As the emphasis on proper fittings in golf has grown, so has the arrival of more competitors. One such company is Autoflex.

Who Is Autoflex?

Established in 2009 in Korea, Autoflex now is available in more than 40 countries. They promote their Korea Hidden Technology made by Dumina Designs which includes their patented combination of high-quality carbon fiber and additional proprietary materials to create a lightweight shaft with less distortion. 

Autoflex bucks the concept of traditional flexes and goes with a system that is more based on driver clubhead speed with six different shafts to match a golfer's swing.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

For this testing opportunity, we are selecting eight golfers to test, review and keep a new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft. 

The new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft comes in five colors and is their first shaft to include the seconnd generation of Korea Hidden Technology. With a new tip section for enhanced performance, AutoFlex claims this is the future of driver shafts. 

We want you to put these claims to the test. Tell us how they perform and give us cold hard data to show how they stack up against your gamer driver shaft. Are these really the future of what driver shafts will be? 

Want to be our next tester for the new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft?

2.jpg

• Registration closes April 18.
  • Testers will be announced on the Forum April 23.
  • Testing opportunity open to golfers worldwide.
  • Must be a registered Forum member to be considered for selection.

219 Comments

For the 100 mph driver swing speed moderate tempo mid high flight I’m your guy! I like my evenfloshaft but something longer?    Always. Lol

Most of the time I hit mine fine, occasionally not.  My friend plays a different set of tees than I do (further up), I don't usually have to worry about it.

I have been experimenting with some lighter shafts with more flex on my driver with promising results. Would love the "real deal" to try out!

I'll be interested to see the results. Especially after all the Otto-flex testing and posts. My driver spin rate has jumped recently so I am considering a change and though I don't know I'll ever be able to justify that kind of $$ for a shaft, I am definitely interested in the concept and results. Good luck and have fun folks!

This might be one of the more interesting tests to be a part of.   The price range of these shafts is just out of my wallet's acceptable margin of bending.  LOL  However, I'd love to see what these things can do and if they live up to the hype! 

Good luck to all involved.  Winners will be lucky people for sure. 

Hit'em straight! 

I would love to be a tester, I am currently using the competition to autoflex the free flex from special joy. I am a 2 handicap, driver speed in the high 80s to low 90s. I own a trackman and can produce a comprehensive comparison of the autoflex vs the free flex. 

36 minutes ago, ollieb said:

I would love to be a tester, I am currently using the competition to autoflex the free flex from special joy. I am a 2 handicap, driver speed in the high 80s to low 90s. I own a trackman and can produce a comprehensive comparison of the autoflex vs the free flex. 

It’s like Ohio St against “that team up north”

autoflex against “ that other shaft”

😂😂😂😂😂

On 4/13/2024 at 8:02 AM, Autoflexusa said:

I just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone for the comments and the excitement of testing the new Dream 7 Autoflex. A big “THANK YOU” to all that are participating. As the U.S. distributor for Autoflex, I can tell you that the owners in Korea and myself are very excited about this opportunity..don’t let me down guys and gals..😊😊😊😊

How would you describe the Dream 7 shaft compared to the original Autoflex? I wasn't sure how to interpret this Venn diagram!
 Screenshot2024-04-18at06_47_31.png.04ca1e2e2b25ffdbd1f441391446070a.png

2 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

How would you describe the Dream 7 shaft compared to the original Autoflex? I wasn't sure how to interpret this Venn diagram!
 Screenshot2024-04-18at06_47_31.png.04ca1e2e2b25ffdbd1f441391446070a.png

It takes a vennmaster my friend..lol

In a nutshell, it’s a stiffer profile than the original, allowing for a lower launch ball flight..

22 minutes ago, Autoflexusa said:

It takes a vennmaster my friend..lol

In a nutshell, it’s a stiffer profile than the original, allowing for a lower launch ball flight..

Hahaha sadly I am only a Venn-prentice, which explains a lot... It sounds like the holy grail then. My fitter (who games an Autoflex) let me try an original in my G430 10K and while it produced some amazing numbers, I definitely felt it a little hard to square up given the "whippiness". If this has similar performance and firmer feel it could be amazing! 

Fingers crossed I make the cut!

9 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Hahaha sadly I am only a Venn-prentice, which explains a lot... It sounds like the holy grail then. My fitter (who games an Autoflex) let me try an original in my G430 10K and while it produced some amazing numbers, I definitely felt it a little hard to square up given the "whippiness". If this has similar performance and firmer feel it could be amazing! 

Fingers crossed I make the cut!

It’s a 2 week apprenticeship to acquire Vennmaster status.:lol

it definitely takes some time (swings) to acquire the “feel” if you are not used to it. 

The Dream 7 was designed specifically for this reason

6 minutes ago, Autoflexusa said:

It’s a 2 week apprenticeship to acquire Vennmaster status.:lol

it definitely takes some time (swings) to acquire the “feel” if you are not used to it. 

The Dream 7 was designed specifically for this reason

Very cool. The black/green colorway is very slick as well. I'll be excited to hear how the testing goes! It's been really cool testing various shafts with the 10K and seeing feels vs reals in Arccos.

I would love this opportunity. I've only ever tried a couple of non-standard shafts in my drivers and would love to compare 🙂 Thanks for adding more variety to the market.

Would love to review how this shaft compares vs some of the shafts I have had the pleasure of swinging so far.

looking forward to the results regardless!

This is the one I’d love to win more than any other test. I want to hit an autoflex so bad. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.