Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned) ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned)

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

I’ve been an Arccos subscriber for years, paying the fees gets old. I’m interested in a new system, but the cost to sample is so high this seems like a good opportunity.  Either way, I’ll be following 

Seeing how I have a Garmin g42 golf watch, being able to test and compare the two watches would be great. I  have been eyeing the club attachments for the Garmin, so having that included with this product would be nice to test as well. I look forward to the opportunity to test this product. 

I currently use a garmin watch, older model for sure and it's time for a upgrade.  That v5 looks awesome! Especially with the tracker tags. 

I have used a Sky Caddie in some form or another for years, currently using a SX400.  I have never had a GPS type of rangefinder.

I tried Arccos in the past, put did not like it all that much.

I currently use the ShotScope V3. I really enjoyed it at first, but the pin placement functionality, and club tag durability slowed down my use of the tracking over time. Hoping that is somehting that is addressed in the later versions. Would love the chance to put it to the test.

Thanks for the opportunity! Would really like to test this product and think it would really help me improve my game.

Just got the X5. One thing for sure is SS has excellent customer service. One issue I have is the X5 picking up the club sensors. I need to tap the watch with the butt of the club before the shot. Curious to see the results in this area. The app takes sometime to figure out when editing shots after the round. GPS is accurate and flawless. Battery life could be better. I get 1 round with 40% left. So these are all things to compare. Good luck testers!!

I currently use my laser finder and local course gps on the carts.  I have been studying these shot tracking devices for over a year now. In fact last year for Father’s Day my family bought me the Arrcos system. I was very excited, but realized I didn’t want them to spend that much on me, also not to mention the yearly fees, so I returned it.  I went on last year without using one.  I never stopped wanting some sort of tracking device. In fact I was going to bite the bullet this year and buy the arrcos again. Then a friend at work told me about the garmin gps watch that tracks. I started to research that and got excited.  However, I fell back to wanting the Arrcos. Then about two months or so ago I saw on your site about shot scope.  I was really intrigued. Upon researching I found that it essentially does everything the arrcos does. Also no fee and much cheaper. I was hoping my family would get this for me this year for Father’s Day. I am really looking to track my shots, see stats, and help me improve. I really get into statistics. Thanks for the chance.

Have been doing my best to track stats in the GHIN app, but it's always a bit limited.  

If I chunk a shot, for example, but then hit the green from 120 out, is that a "missed short" ?  

Need real data.

Currently use the shot scope V3. Great products that bring so much value, insight and actual data to a golfers game. Would love to see how much things have improved with this new model compared to the V3. 

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy 6 classic along with Golf pad to track my game. This combination has been excellent, but as a gizmo fanatic I'm always looking to try out other things. The shot scope watch looks very interesting.

I currently use the Garmin S62. I like it, and it works well, but I don't have the Garmin club sensors needed for tracking distances. I could buy them, but I just bought a new driver and you can only hide so many golf purchases from the wife. Since the V5 comes with sensors I wouldn't have to buy the Garmin ones. So think of it this way... If you select me as a tester you would be saving a marriage. Lastly, I left my range finder on the golf cart after my last round and somebody decided they would like to have it. Sure I could replace it but... see my previous content about the wife. So instead of replacing it, the V5 would kill two birds with one stone... club distances and shot distances. 

In summary, if you pick me, you would also have the added benefit of knowing you saved a marriage. That makes it a win-win.

Currently have arcoss sensors and would love to see how this stacks up compared to them for accuracy and tracking. 

Good luck to everyone ele who applies! 

Would love to try this!! Have been thinking of getting something like it so I can track my shots. Just haven’t bitten the bullet yet. 

Can’t use my scope anymore because of failing eye sight. I would love to try a watch like device !!!!

Currently use golf Canada. Heard a fair amount about shot scope from the sweet spot podcast and would love to start narrowing in on my strokes gained stats. I’d love to see if I’m really as bad as I think I am in a few areas. 😅

My Golf Spy must be reading my mind!!  I have been re-searching golf watches the past few days.  This was one of the watches that caught my attention.   I can’t wait to see the results of this test!

This Test is now closed to further comments.