Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

Yes please I believe there is a brand of fairway woods out there in the ether that would work for me, these might be those

Classic look and great lines. Would love to see if performance can match the looks. 

Love seeing a takomo testing chance. Some of hte best looking clubs on the market, can't wait to see how they perform!

I have a ping icrossover 2 iron I have become a fan of, I wonder how these stack up. Keep the great testing opportunities rolling in guys it's been an amazing year so far. 

This is a fantastic opportunity for sure. As I am looking at new clubs and doing testing and fittings for PXG and other clubs, this would be another test I would love to take part in. (It does not hurt I get to keep them after....lol) I play faithfully once a week be it indoors and not more so outdoor as the weather is improving. I would be so happy if I were chosen. 

Good luck to all and I will be watching. 

LOVE this testing opportunity! This end of my bag desperately needs some TLC - Super curious what everyone thinks of these as an option!

Cool to see they are trying to expand and doing well enough to do so! Always interesting to try what the smaller companies putting out.

I've had the Takomo 101 irons in my basket so many times and just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm intrigued by the long clubs too.

One of my season goals is to go for the long shots more often rather than laying up.  I know I'm capable.  This would be a fun test for sure.

Another great testing opportunity. I have seen these clubs on social media and they look nice. 

The UDI's interest me the most, but for testing purposes a FW would be best for comparison against my hybrid which is my most consistent club in my bag right now.

Good luck to all!

7 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good luck to those that apply. No LH UDI or FW.  Love the look of their clubs. Will be following along. 

I think Takomo, PXG, Kirkland etc. have all done the smart thing and made sure the looks are on point and appealing to most golfers.

Yes, the clubs won't be AS optimized performance wise as you could get by doing a full fitting. But what you can control is how they look and how those looks help people be open to giving them a try. Then if you can show that consumer in the first try that they can get even 90 plus percent of the same performance for a fraction of the price, that's a win. 

I mean, Rick even did a video comparing the Kirkland driver to the Qi10 and he said he massively preferred the look of the Kirkland. 

These look glorious.  Would like to see if they play as nice as they look.  And what a price.

Would love the opportunity to test these great Clubs and Review them with my current ones. 

Takomo is another brand that has taken off in the last year or so.. They have established a strong presence in the Youtube golf world.. This is an awesome testing opportunity. Good luck to everyone!

I’m curious if brands like takomo, stix, Kirkland can really make a dent in the market. 

They do look clean, but I haven't found anything yet that can pry my orginal Taylormade UDI from my hands yet. 

Have been looking for a good set of fairway woods or long irons for a while. I'm pretty new to golf and since I am in High School and soon to be going into College, I am pretty much flat broke. My dad has been letting me borrow his clubs but I obviously wont be able to keep them going into college. MYGOLFSPY has been super helpful with looking at what I should consider buying as well as what some more budget friendly options are. Long story short, I would be super interested in testing such high quality clubs to see if they are something that works well with my game and if it is something I should save up for to put in my bag going forward. 

I have been looking at Takomo clubs for quite some time now.  Only thing holding me back is that they do not offer hybrid clubs.

Good luck everyone! Takomo makes some beautiful clubs and never met anyone who didn't love them if they were gaming them.

The 101Ts are just awesome.  As a Tester these clubs are just great out of the gate.  Still in my bag after a year!

I am looking forward to hearing about the UDIs in particular.  Good luck prospective testers! 

This is very exciting! I currently have the Takomo 101T irons and have absolutely loved them. First 4 iron that I have played with that reaches the same proper height as my shorter irons. Excited for the potential opportunity to test these clubs and see the cohesion from standard iron set to the long irons and fairway metals!

This Test is now closed to further comments.