Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,669 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Titleist

🚨 Testers Wanted! 🚨

TWSM10-Feature.jpg

The new Titleist Vokey SM10 wedges were released in March of this year and have been a popular addition to many golfers' bags since. We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a set of Titleist Vokey SM10 wedges.

About The Vokey SM10 Wedges 

MyGolfSpy Staff member Tony Covey has a complete breakdown of the new SM10 wedges here , which is a must-read, but the shorter version is Vokey SM10 is focused on three key elements: versatility, distance control, and trajectory, and maximizing spin. The Vokey SM10 lineup has six different grind options for a total of 25 different loft, bounce, and grind options. 

This includes the M Grind that had previously only been available through WedgeWorks and T Grind that has also made its way to the retail market. The other options that a golfer must choose from are the finish, and the SM10 has three of them: Tour Chrome, Jet Black, and the new addition Nickel. 

There’s more though; the Vokey SM10 has refined the shape and CG placement to help optimize distance control and trajectory. This works in tandem with their spin-milled grooves that have groove geometry that varies depending on the loft to maximize spin for each loft.

TWSM10-2.jpg

Titleist Wedge Selector Tool 

Of course, all of this can be a lot to take in, so Titleist offers an online Wedge Selector Tool to help simplify things. It is a series of eight questions which gather various information about your current setup and game to help make the best recommendation on what setup would be best for you. To try it yourself, go here!

What Is Being Tested? 

As previously mentioned, we are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a set of Titleist Vokey SM10 wedges. We want you to tell us how they perform in real-world conditions and play. Importantly, we also want to know how the Wedge Selector Tool works and if the recommendations are what you would normally expect. 

The selected testers will go through a Titleist Fitting for their wedge set and see how it compares to the results from the Wedge Selector Tool.

Think you are the right golfer to participate in this test? 

TWSM10-3.jpg

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.
*Registration ends May 2, with testers being announced May 7.
*Applicants must post a screenshot of their Titleist Wedge Selection Tool results on the Forum thread here.
*Expense for in-person fitting not covered as part of the testing opportunity.

1,035 Comments

I’d like to thank you for the opportunity to be a tester.  I love the vokey wedge series. In fact I have been using them for about 20 years. When I was going through college I worked at a local country club as a bag room attendant/caddie and the head pro gave me his old set of vokey wedges.

IMG_2277.jpeg.4e7e440a0df9febfa046b00aa4354293.jpeg

He gave me a 52*,56*, and 60*.  I was very much appreciative of this gesture. I’d guess it was around 2003. Before that I was using old Tommy armor starter set wedges and a wilson harmonize. 

I was so excited to get those wedges and in fact I still use them. Two years ago I  added a 4th vokey as my PW 46*. I bought it used and it is a sm7 model. I’ve never owned a brand new club. I have always boughten used to help alleviate the price. 

When I first got them 20 years ago, I would use them with full swings and my ball flight was very high. Over the years I have developed different swings for different types of shots. I now have a steeper angle swing with my wedges and I feel like I shoot “darts” with them. I create big divots. I was happy to see that as an option on the wedge selector tool. I have found a way to use each club for many distances. Whether it is a full 100 yards, or around the green that I need to bump once and check. Or maybe I’ll need one to roll out for 10 yards. These vokeys are incredible, they can do it all. 

I liked the way vokey’s website interacted with my answers and I’d be interested to see how well their database matches what my results would be. I thought the questions were well thought out. I was a bit surprised for the wedge selector to suggest a 54*.  That would replace my 56* sand wedge. It also recommended a 50* instead of my current 52*. As I thought about it, it may help alleviate any yardage gaps I have. It is all very interesting. These wedges have really helped my game, but I feel as they age the groves have started to wear. I’d love to see how new grooves and new technology have improved the game I love. I’d love to see how I can incorporate those new features with my swing. It would be really cool to be fitted as I have never done that.  I think new vokey wedges would be amazing to use and I would be happy to report my findings back to the spies!

IMG_2289.jpeg.8bf93919c351d06252c1641b85d2538d.jpeg

IMG_2290.png.37c16f4319c2c0b4624fa02af22796c0.png

IMG_2278.jpeg

11 minutes ago, JusTzin said:

I’d like to thank you for the opportunity to be a tester.  I love the vokey wedge series. In fact I have been using them for about 20 years. When I was going through college I worked at a local country club as a bag room attendant/caddie and the head pro gave me his old set of vokey wedges.

IMG_2277.jpeg.4e7e440a0df9febfa046b00aa4354293.jpeg

He gave me a 52*,56*, and 60*.  I was very much appreciative of this gesture. I’d guess it was around 2003. Before that I was using old Tommy armor starter set wedges and a wilson harmonize. 

I was so excited to get those wedges and in fact I still use them. Two years ago I  added a 4th vokey as my PW 46*. I bought it used and it is a sm7 model. I’ve never owned a brand new club. I have always boughten used to help alleviate the price. 

When I first got them 20 years ago, I would use them with full swings and my ball flight was very high. Over the years I have developed different swings for different types of shots. I now have a steeper angle swing with my wedges and I feel like I shoot “darts” with them. I create big divots. I was happy to see that as an option on the wedge selector tool. I have found a way to use each club for many distances. Whether it is a full 100 yards, or around the green that I need to bump once and check. Or maybe I’ll need one to roll out for 10 yards. These vokeys are incredible, they can do it all. 

I liked the way vokey’s website interacted with my answers and I’d be interested to see how well their database matches what my results would be. I thought the questions were well thought out. I was a bit surprised for the wedge selector to suggest a 54*.  That would replace my 56* sand wedge. It also recommended a 50* instead of my current 52*. As I thought about it, it may help alleviate any yardage gaps I have. It is all very interesting. These wedges have really helped my game, but I feel as they age the groves have started to wear. I’d love to see how new grooves and new technology have improved the game I love. I’d love to see how I can incorporate those new features with my swing. It would be really cool to be fitted as I have never done that.  I think new vokey wedges would be amazing to use and I would be happy to report my findings back to the spies!

IMG_2289.jpeg.8bf93919c351d06252c1641b85d2538d.jpeg

IMG_2290.png.37c16f4319c2c0b4624fa02af22796c0.png

IMG_2278.jpeg

My short game can only get better with these wedges.

WOW.  Would absolutely love to test these against my Edison and Cleveland wedges. 

Really like this opportunity for a couple reasons:

Fascinated by online and AI fitting like Wilson's, and would be very curious to see how this matches up with the selector tool.  I think the grinds selected are pretty close to what I would choose.  Definitely the F for the lowest lofted, like the S choice for the middle two, and either the M or T for the highest loft.  I prefer a lower bounce generally.  What would an in person fitting choose?   Would be interesting to find out!

My short game is my weakness.  Something I've been focusing on and seeing some improvement, but it would be interesting to find out if the Vokey wedges could get me to the next level !!

My selections provided by the selection tool:

image.png.fd61eda08834b13e254d18f5ffa09f13.png

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT ENTER !!!

I have usually averaged 100-110 rounds of golf every season for the past 16 years so my wedges get used. There are two names associated with good wedges, Cleveland and Titliest. I'd love to try out a complete set of Titliest sticks.

Vokey Wedge Selector Screen shot.PNG

Was reading Tony Covey's breakdown of the SM10 wedges today and it was interesting to read how the right grind will help you get the best launch on full shots.  I definitely struggle with full shot wedges so that could be part of my struggle.  Would be great to get fit to get the grinds and lofts dialed in based on my swing. 

My guess is the wedge selector tool will not match what people actually end up getting fit for.  Not because the tool/algorithm is bad, but because what people think about their swing (and thus info they provide the tool) differs from what the fitter sees in their swing.

Excited for this one. I've been thinking about switching to Vokey's this year. I'm interested why the wedge selector suggested a 60* instead of a 58* considering my gap wedge (part of my iron set) is a 50*. I've always played 54/58 but maybe a 60* would be fine - it's usually a "special" shot club anyways. Excited to see what everyone thinks about the new SM10s!

image.png.8a80b43e8d2f80a0d87faf219952f679.png

Awesome testing opportunity! Thanks Titleist and MGS Staff for putting this together! I love my current gamers (Mizuno T22) but I’d be more than happy to test them against what is widely considered the best with Titlest Vokey Wedges! IMG_1608.png.e39bb1c5c498a09454a11b252964fe48.pngIMG_1609.png.6f5fc08a05a1a0625f893abd9afe270d.png

Good luck. Was surprised by the high bounce recommendation. Current wedges are high bounce and sometimes I wish they were a little more mid bounce. Or I just need to get better at using bounce...

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 09.23.57.png

I play Miura wedges because I found Vokey's to be too heavy. I'd be curious to see if I still feel this way because I haven't tried Vokey's in 3 or 4 years. 

Screenshot_20240429-051447.png

Screenshot_20240429-051458.png

I'm actually surprised the tool recommended the 58 D grind, since I rarely take divots... but it's been years since my SM7 fitting...

Now that my daughter is competing on a weekly basis, I can go play 9 holes with her, 3 times a week!

image.png.c06944e636dbfc856649f8c6325ed50f.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.