Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,056 signups
Equipment Type: Shafts
Vendor: Graphite Design

1.jpg

Testers Wanted

This season there have been a lot of different driver shafts tested through MyGolfSpy Forum member testing and it wouldn’t be a complete season without including Graphite Design. 

About Graphite Design

Established in 1989 in Japan and 1997 in the USA, Graphite Design Inc. has been at the forefront of golf shaft innovation for over three decades. Their founder, Mr. Megumi Yamada, worked to revolutionize the industry with his cutting-edge lamination technology. This works to ensure their shafts are both lightweight and incredibly strong. This advanced technology, coupled with state-of-the-art design and the finest materials, makes Graphite Design shafts the premier choice for both professional and amateur golfers.

Graphite Design's "Tour AD" logo stands for "Accuracy and Distance," a promise that their shafts aim to deliver consistently. These key competitive advantages have helped countless golfers optimize their performance. Their shafts have been the most dominant on the JGTO (Japan Golf Tour Organization) Tour for the past ten years, and they continue to support professional golfers worldwide.

With some of the most iconic shafts in golf we are excited to bring them to our member testing platform this season.

3.jpg

Testing Opportunity Details

We are seeking eight golfers to test the Graphite Design Tour AD premium shafts. As a tester you will get to test, review and keep a Graphite Design Tour AD shaft of your choice. 

We want to know how the Tour AD line of shafts compares to your current gamer. Where does it excel and where do you think it could get a little better? Real feedback for real golfers with a wide variety of handicaps and abilities. 

Testers will be asked to provide on course feedback, launch monitor data and comparisons to their current driver shaft over a four week testing period. 

Do you want to test a new driver shaft? 

2.jpg

*Open to North American forum members only.

*Registration closes on June 26.

*Testers will be announced on the forum on July 2.

118 Comments

I'd love to get picked and see the differences something like this would make in my driver. It's already fitted for me but in a factory option. I did try an autoflex during the fitting. I gained average of like 3 yards and it just wasn't worth the $$$ for me. I'd like to start testing things like this out on the home sim though. Just to see what difference there really is in the numbers. I don't have an issue with distance off the tees. A lot of what I fight is spin. But, good luck to everyone.

I’m most curious if one of these shaft will actually lower my spin numbers. I’ve been fitted into an LAGolf, a Hazardous RDX Black. All supposedly low spinning. At least in the studio… But at home the numbers are just too high. 

Time to answer the question if it’s the shaft or the archer. 

This is one test I would love to be selected for - when I did my fitting for my current driver in February / March I actually was fitted into the Tour AD DI but it was only marginally better indoors than my Ventus and not worth a $400 difference ( I got a $129 credit for the shaft / just bought the head and the new shaft was $300 or so) I would love the opportunity to see how this performs in real world conditions and against my Ventus. Another great testing opportunity from MGS; good luck to all 

Since switching to the Ping G430 10k, I’ve been able to swing harder without as many dire consequences. I’m hoping to test whether GD assertion of “accuracy and distance” can add to what I’m seeing with the 10k… that would be something! 

Have a tour ad di in my 2i and it's by far my favorite club 😍 bought the 60-x for my driver and it's close, I think the VF likely closer to what I need for aggressive transition. Good luck to all testers, will be following this one!

I have played GD shafts since the YS-6 in my 983K, to the Purple Ice, Pershing, and finally most of the Tour AD series. Currently have an XC, TP, and DI in the bag. They have a shaft for everyone, at every swing speed. Not many manufacturers can say that. Congrats to anyone chosen!

Realllllly looking forward to this one. My LA Golf shaft on my driver has been a bit inconsistent for how I would like, and I am excited for these results to see if I should consider a change. 

This is a fantastic opportunity to test an excellent golf shaft. After a recent driver fitting at a PGA Superstore, I got the best results from the Tour AD - DI 6 X (flex), which resulted in a significant 10-15 yards of additional carry compared to the Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 X. I'm looking forward to the chance to thoroughly test the shaft on the course and at the range, rather than solely relying on an indoor simulator. Best of luck to everyone!

Looking forward to this testing opportunity.  I would love to be a tester, but regardless of who is selected, I think the reviews will be super informative.  MGS is the best source of golf gear information, it's my go to for research.  Sorry Kirkland golf balls do better!

Amazing opportunity for Spy's to test some enhanced shafts. Good luck to all chosen testers. Looking forward to reading feedback. With any luck, someone could read my reports! Either way great choice of shafts to test!!!

GD has just about the most convoluted shaft selection around wish there was a better way to narrow down the options without a professional fitting for this test.

Awesome timing for tests.   I've been testing new shafts and already looked at Ventus Black and the HZRDUS Smoke Black,  will be excited to see how Graphite Design compares. 

Good luck to those chosen.

I'm in for this one! I just blew up a Stealth2 plus driver and TM warranteed it and sent me a Qi10 LS.  Love this driver! I've been experimenting with shafts that match well with this head and would really enjoy the opportunity to test one of these out. I chose the VR for launch and spin as I sometimes hit that mid-launch floater with nearly no spin (under 2000 rpm) and think a little more spin might be great for my game.

This is clearly the season of shaft testing. Everything from TPT to Autoflex, to a new Ventus, and now for the first time I've seen a graphite design shaft test. Good luck to all those that apply and those chosen. I have a Graphite Design UB in the bag that currently beat out the Autoflex Dream 7 I tested earlier this year so you are all in for a treat and I will be following closely. 

Great test opportunity!  I currently game a HZRDUS Smoke Black S in my TSR2 10.5. Curious to see how the Tour AD DI would differ. I feel like despite only playing a relatively short time my Swing speed is pretty high (~101 - 105). And even with a stiff shaft I feel like I put pretty high. Curious to see if these would help me keep it a bit lower but get it further. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.