Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,967 signups
Equipment Type: Fitting App
Vendor: Vokey

TestersWantedWFA.jpg

Can 15 minutes and 15 swings make for better wedge play? This is what the Vokey Wedge Fitting app aims to do. Traditionally, wedge fittings are best made outside on grass, in the rough, and especially out of bunkers to see what wedges best fit your game. Between loft and grind options, wedges are one of the more complicated areas of golf, and getting it wrong can make the game a whole lot harder than it already is.

How Does This Work? 

The Vokey Wedge Fitting app, unlike other online apps, is an in-person fitting where a fitter can match you into the ideal loft, bounce, and grind combinations in a matter of 15 minutes. This starts with a player interview to go over your game and tendencies, followed by the hitting portion of the fitting session. Here, you will take a series of shots where the app will calculate the best options for you based on the launch monitor data provided.

Key areas that are focused on are a player’s angle of attack and shaft lean at impact. Combining these data points with the various shots they hit (roughly 15 in total) is enough for the Vokey Wedge Fitting app to provide a full assessment of what wedges the golfer should be using.

TVWFA-studio.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

Don’t worry; there is more to this test than just the app and fitting experience. We want four testers to go through the Vokey Wedge Fitting app with a certified Titleist fitter and share their experience, including what it was like and how accurate they feel the results were. The testers will then receive the wedges chosen by the app to put them through on-course testing to see how the results match up.

We want to know if this could really replace a full wedge fitting. Can an indoor wedge fitting on a mat with only 15 swings really be just as good as an outdoor fitting? Let’s find out.

VWFAComputer.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 17.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 23.

141 Comments

This is awesome! I used the wedge selector tool online when I bought my current Vokeys. Curious if a fitting would find something different. 

Great opportunity! Seen similar apps to help narrow down the choices of grinds and bounces either personal preferences and course conditions. Would love to be considered, as a + handicap golfer with older wedges and still plays high level tournaments. 

I love my Vokey gap wedge, but I am still l am trying to find what grind to get for my other wedges, and there are not much fitters on Maui besides PXG. 

26 minutes ago, if808 said:

I love my Vokey gap wedge, but I am still l am trying to find what grind to get for my other wedges, and there are not much fitters on Maui besides PXG. 

Maui !!! Seems like you should be required to invite us mainlanders out for a visit to paradise

Wedge play is often overlooked but one of the best ways to lower scores. I am interested to see how this goes. 

Look forward to participating in this test.  As an 11.5 my short game should be better but I think my wedges are the problem. 

This is a very cool test.  I have never officially been fitted for wedges, but know how I like to play shots and historically based the grind based on that.  Would be a really great test to see if using an app will work.

Considering this is the weakest part of my game, would be a very interesting opportunity and experience to focus and have direction what would work best for me to shave some strokes off the game

An app fitting can only help those like me who take the game seriously but haven't enjoyed a more systematic approach to wedges and fittings.  Fair to say I've adapted to my wedges more than they were fitted to me.  This is a chance to test whether a virtual process via one brand of club can make a significant difference.  Good luck to all.  I note that I'm No. 1,145 to enlist, so here's to worthy findings to the fortunate four.  Let's see what we all can learn. 

This is a breakthrough year and my short game is my strength. I know it can do better and I’m sure these wedges will help.

My shirt game is doing well.  I’d love to see how much better it could be with a good fitting. 

Helping me determine the best bounce and grind combos would be awesome. Everyone plays different types of shots with different attack angles. This would be an awesome experience. 

Fitting is definitely the way to go.   I got fitted into my current Mizuno wedge set.   I came out of Vokeys to get these, but was not given a full on fitting, so I've always wondered if it was just a bad match.

This sounds really cool. Would love to try it out given I would not otherwise have the means to do a full outdoor wedge fitting.

Nice, great opportunity. I always wanted to do a wedge fitting. The 20-50 yd shot is my nemesis. Sad when you would rather have 100 than 40…

Signing up for this immediately!  Although a bit leery of OL fitting apps, just because the outcomes can be so easily manipulated by the person using the app.  It would be very interested seeing how the app recommendations compare to the in-person fitting recommendations… 

After struggling with my wedges (on and off) this offers a great opportunity to finaly get some taylored equipment for one of the most used sticks in the bag.

This Test is now closed to further comments.