Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

I've been playing the Gen 5's for about two years and really enjoy the feel of the irons. Can't say I was impressed with the driver so I stuck with my Callaway. I wouldn't mind trying out the newest version of irons.

WOW! What an awesome opportunity provided by MGS Staff and PXG! Really a great addition to the MGS testing stable! PXG was a strong contender when I purchased the Titleist T200's I currently game.

Not gonna lie, I would definitely put my name in the hat for this test if I hadn't had the opportunity to test earlier in the season! 🤤

Great job @GolfSpy_APH and staff, you are killing it! Good luck to all who apply!

Edit: Sorry couldn't help myself. Had to sign up! 

Wow. This sounds awesome. I have always been hesitant to give them a try but I would love to give it shot. Maybe the hype is true.

Thanks MGS.

I'm not going to beg here. Pxg should be at step 2 after riding a great marketing campaign.  The masses loved thier clubs but no magic happened, so the cost was too high.  Now the costs are coming down and thier products are actually getting better.  They are in the race now, and are creating a niche among the top 5.

25 minutes ago, William P said:

WOW! What an awesome opportunity provided by MGS Staff and PXG! Really a great addition to the MGS testing stable! PXG was a strong contender when I purchased the Titleist T200's I currently game.

Not gonna lie, I would definitely put my name in the hat for this test if I hadn't had the opportunity to test earlier in the season! 🤤

Great job @GolfSpy_APH and staff, you are killing it! Good luck to all who apply!

I did sign up. Not expecting a pick, but if they performed better than the Stix, I would pass those back to mgs, or on to another member here.

One of my good buddies just got the full set with his veteran discount and absolutely loves them.  I haven't hit them much as we have much different specs but what an amazing opportunity for those that are lucky enough to get picked!  Fingers crossed!!

This would be nice. I wanted to try PXG when I got fitted last year, but they were not available in my area. I ended up with Ping G430's

Good luck everyone, I will looking out for the feedback for sure if it's not me.

These are really good looking irons. I'm nor sure how they'll wear over time, but the black is 🔥!

The chrome/satin finish versions look sharp with the milling. I'm unsure if it's just a reflection in the image, but it looks like a bit of a grind/relief on the leading edge. I've seen the Black Ops driver and woods and they're also attractive clubs.

Funny, whenever I see PXG I think of Gary Player because he's dipped in PXG apparel, head-to-toe, in modern-day videos; fairly certain he's a brand ambassador.

I was hesitant of PXG at first.  All the marketing was really in-your-face and outrageously expensive.  Then over the last few years I've been reading and watching a lot of reviews and seeing the progression of the brand.  The prices are now right on par with all the other brands of the same quality.  (also PXG has great promotions for veterans and first responders)  So back in April I drove 4 hours south to PXG Boston for a fitting.  I was so impressed with the experience.  My fitter was super knowledgeable, friendly and professional.  I never once felt pressured to buy anything and I felt he was truly working to find the best equipment for my game.  I felt that he listened to my input and we really worked as a team which I have not experienced with other fitting.  In closing, as you can tell I have become a PXG fan.  I highly recommend not writing them off and giving them a try if you are in the market for new sticks.  Thanks  Travis G     

Friends have them and love them. I really like that first question about your personal perception (which I said owners of PXG are like owners of BMWs and Audis-LOL). What's funny is that I am actually going to look for new irons end of this year (after finishing up my Honey-Do list). 

45 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This is so "black op's" the link won't even open 🤣.  Still reading through the posts... have we confirmed what player category these and the Gen 7's are?  I know Jamie said no further details at this time, but we're spies dammit... dig boyz...dig!! 🕵️‍♂️

The black ops irons are game improvement irons and the Gen 7 is the latest version of the 0311 P players distance irons. 

I own the Gen 5s but replaced them this year with TM P790s(Copper edition) due to the lack of spin created on the Gen 5 vs the P790s. Was a substantial difference.  Hopefully the Gen 7s have eliminated this discrepancy or at least greatly reduced the difference between the 2.   Would love to test them to compare. 

Played 0317 T long irons previously and really liked the performance. Because of a fitting opportunity I am currently in Titelist irons but wouldn't be opposed to switching back if they performed better. 

When I started playing I was warned that PXG was premium priced but didn't perform as such. It feels like they are in a similar performance category as other major brands and reasonably priced now.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

This is so "black op's" the link won't even open 🤣.  Still reading through the posts... have we confirmed what player category these and the Gen 7's are?  I know Jamie said no further details at this time, but we're spies dammit... dig boyz...dig!! 🕵️‍♂️

Link worked for me...

Screenshot_20240729_163618_Instagram.jpg

7 minutes ago, SANDBGGR said:

I own the Gen 5s but replaced them this year with TM P790s(Copper edition) due to the lack of spin created on the Gen 5 vs the P790s. Was a substantial difference.  Hopefully the Gen 7s have eliminated this discrepancy or at least greatly reduced the difference between the 2.   Would love to test them to compare. 

Interesting that you couldn’t generate spin off the Gen 5’s. I owned a set and found them very easy to flight and hold greens. Glad the P790’s work for you.

These would be great to test.   Thought they might be coming with some recent price drops.   Would love to have a set to try. 

6 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Oh boy!  The lads in charge here should be proud.  MGS has become the go to place for real user testing.  Congrats!  Now, I just need to compose a 100 page essay explaining why I should be selected. 2n1wcw.jpg.16c31d574745e91ff5313dd60ba93306.jpg

This is a biggie. Better add another zero to that number of pages lol

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Link worked for me...

Screenshot_20240729_163618_Instagram.jpg

My decoder ring must be on the fritz.  The article I found does state what category these are, and a little basic info, but no confirmed details on build construction.  This "cloak & dagger" stuff is fun 😆.

I have played a set of the GEN3 0311Ts since 2021 when I commissioned into the Army. They were my gift and I love them. They have made me a much better golfer. I used to play blades while in college and my dispersion/consistency with the PXGs has been remarkable.

This Test is now closed to further comments.