Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

Great opportunity to test a brand I know very little about.  SIM2 Max irons currently and looking to transition to blades.  Good luck everyone!

Have a set of Gen1 0311s that have been better than I ever expected. I like them so much that I had them reshafted before considering trading them in. Many complements on the looks but polarizing for sure. I have heard complaints that the irons can feel jumpy but for a mid-handicapper I feel the consistency is more relevant. Highly recommend testing PXG if you are debating a new set. Look forward to these reviews!

Wow, glad to see them onboard for testing.  I’ve always steered clear from the brand because of their loud and in your face marketing but there is no denying their growing popularity.    Beyond that I have no idea how their products actually perform outside of a couple YouTube reviews I’ve watched.  

I live close to PXG HQ and close to two testing sites here in AZ, I’ve played there irons and they have good testing facilities. I wish they would open more testing places around the country. 
Maybe they have and I’m behind the times a little. 
Either way, good luck to whoever gets picked, hopefully the test offers loft and lie, grip sizing and shaft choices to make it a unique testing. 

This is awesome! The fact they are offering this opportunity shows that not only is MGS a true dynamo in the real-world testing market, it shows that they want to grow more validation for themselves!  I also think the boost in socials has helped legitimize  MGS across more brands.

For those who work the backend of these opportunities,  thank you for the hard work!

This is a great opportunity, I have read reviews and have thought on getting fit for some pxg's but I always shy away. I am not remotely biased towards them but some of my playing partners are! would love to play a set so they can hit them and shut up for a bit.  

This would be a fantastic opportunity for anyone selected.  I have seen some great things from PXG.  I watched in depth fittings on YouTube and think it would be a great experience.  I am not getting on well with my P790s so would be curious to see what these do.

This is interesting I'm excited to see how much my game, which has been improving over the last year, can change with PXG in my hands. Or if it goes the other way! Using my rapsodo I like being able to compare different sets of clubs in my bag!

Let’s see if there’s much beyond the marketing… would be surprised if they’re better than Haywood or Takomo…

Just now, Kevekev said:

Let’s see if there’s much beyond the marketing… would be surprised if they’re better than Haywood or Takomo…

And that’s not disparaging either of those brands, but PXG seems like a more matured DTC with more marketing $$

Currently playing the PXG 0311 GEN 3 irons in a combo set. Absolutely love them. Would be fun to compare the GEN 3 to GEN 7. Thank you MGS and PXG.

Well this one is going to be interesting. While I’m a huge advocate for club fittings, I’ve shied away from PXG because their clubs can’t be tested “side by side” with other clubs. And going to PXG for a fitting will only provide a PXG solution. Sort of like to a hammer everything looks like a nail.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I hope everyone newish or who hasn't been selected yet reads this!

PLEASE!

💯

Never considered PXG two years ago when looking for a players distance iron but I tried out the 0311P and haven’t looked back since. The feel and distance is truly remarkable. Plus the workability and spin I get from them is top notch. Highly recommend trying them out.

I'll be honest, I had basically written them off due to the price. Always liked the look of their clubs. I'm excited to see how they compare to other irons in the same price range. 

It looks like they have great discounts for law enforcement and first responders, which I think is always am awesome thing. 

Good luck testers. Excited to see how they perform

Wow. One heck of a opportunity here Spys! This forum is constantly raising the bar! Good luck to everyone that signs up!!!

What a wonderful opportunity to experience true custom fitted clubs. I've been watching the brand as my game improves, and have wanted to go to a fitting but haven't pulled the trigger. I would like to compare to my game improvement clubs and report all the details.

Excited to see the results of this testing opportunity. As a member of the military, this brand has gained a lot of attention for the tremendous discount program for veterans and playing with golfers who use PXG have raved about their performance. Thanks MGS for the opportunity!

Wow what a great opportunity. Good luck to everyone, these clubs will be amazing I'm sure.

This Test is now closed to further comments.