Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,296 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Callaway

AI200.jpg

Testers Wanted: Callaway Apex Ai200 and Ai300 Irons

We’re are bringing another newly launch product by way of the latest additions to Callaway's renowned Apex line of irons—the Apex Ai200 and Ai300 to member testing.

The Apex line has a rich history, originally stemming from the legendary Ben Hogan brand, and has been a go-to for serious golfers since Callaway adopted it. Known for combining the feel of a forged iron with cutting-edge performance, the Apex irons have continually evolved to meet the needs of today’s players.

These new models claim to represent a significant leap forward in golf club technology, blending Callaway's advanced artificial intelligence design with premium forged construction. The Ai200 is designed for players seeking a balance of distance and precision, featuring a sleek, fully forged hollow-body construction. On the other hand, the Ai300 caters to those needing a more forgiving, game-improvement iron without sacrificing the feel and control that better players demand. Both models are designed to deliver superior consistency, performance, and a modernized look and feel, which is where you come in.

Ai200TW.jpg

About the Testing Opportunity

We are seeking three Forum members to test, review, and keep a set of the new Callaway Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons.

This is your chance to put Callaway's latest innovations to the test and provide honest feedback on how these clubs perform in various playing conditions. We’re looking for golfers who are eager to evaluate the distance, forgiveness, and precision claims made by Callaway and share their experiences with these new irons.

If you’re passionate about golf and ready to explore the claimed advancements in the Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons, we encourage you to apply for this exciting testing opportunity.

Ai300.jpg

Callaway Golf! - GO HERE TO GET YOUR SPECS!

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 
*Open to all Forum members in the U.S.
*Registrations ends Aug 19.
*Testers to be announced on the Forum Aug 20.

479 Comments

Have used the '19 Apex Pros in the past and found them to have amazing feel and performance but definitely lacked in my need for a bit of forgiveness. I would definitely like to try the Ai200's to see how they perform.

Screenshot_20240813-091516_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20240813-091433_Edge.jpg

Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons.  Standard lie. Rifle steel stiff shaft with 1/2 inch extension for taller player (me!)  This would be a great opportunity to test new set of Callaway clubs since I use Callaway X pro series clubs now!

Another excellent test!  Back when I was trying out the Mizuno JPX919 Forged irons, I went over to the Calloway tent and hit their Apex irons that competed with the 919s.  I was very surprised with them, in a good way.  I didn't end up with either, but I also never quite forgot how good those irons felt on a flush contact.  I'd be excited to try out their successors, and compare them to my current gamers, the Mizuno MP223s.  My dream set of these would be:

4-AW, Steel shafts, stiff, and midsize grips (probably Tour Velvet, but I could be talked into something different).  I'd probably have to adjust my wedge lineup given the specs on these, but I'm looking for some new wedges and thus this might be the perfect time!

Good luck to those who are selected, and I look forward to the reviews!

Well… I guess so?  Honestly, I liked my Taylormade RBZ woods & Rocketbladez irons.  The hybrid I had was amazing! Why did I get a different set? My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said “golf clubs!” and I got new Callaway clubs. They are nice and I do like them, I just miss my old set. I guess I should’ve asked for hockey tickets instead.

IMG_6804.jpeg

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

Insane test after insane test

Right?! Not that there’s anything wrong with that. I appreciate MyGolfSpy giving the readers the opportunities to test out equipment.  I like their tests and reports, they are honest and true.  I can’t tell you the last time I read a Golf Digest. MyGolfSpy makes my golfing days better.

I would love these!!! Want to play forged at least once in my life. Would go perfectly with my Callaway driver!

image.png.a3d299e07a2a516caf50cf37696a170a.png

What an opportunity, these clubs look amazing! I've been looking to upgrade my irons and would live to try the Ai200 2 degrees up with stiff steel shafts. Good luck everyone!

Since the irons are not yet released it won't let me put my "dream set" together on Callaway.com.  But would want the Ai300, 1 degree up with a mid-size Pride Align grip and KBS Tour steel shaft.

Haven't played Callaway irons in a long time, but when I've hit some of the recent models at the demo days they feel good.

image.png.ebb515c9980da0ec064570a88454a98e.png

I love my Callaway Apex and can't wait to see how much has improved in the newer models. 

I couldn't get the fitter to load the Apex Ai300, but that would be what I would gravitate towards. So no screen shot added, since it says the clubs aren't available until 8/15.

I would have to go to a combo set if it is available....I hit a 3, 4 and 5 hybrid.   After doing the fitting it wanted me in Ai Irons....I would be willing to try either!!!!!

Untitled.jpg.cded7b685a55c7e4440bc7d9f5188ed7.jpg

ai200 irons, 4 - pw... Would absolutely love to test these to replace my very old 710 mb titleist. I have not played a set of callaway irons in 10+ years, but I've hit a friend's apex and loved the feel. There is a great par 3 course here (Auburn, Al) that's part of the RTJ Golf Trail at Grand national. 18 holes of championship par 3's! Would be a great chance to play irons only and see how they stack up.

If selected, I would need a shaft change. I need a dynamic gold x-100 or a KBS x tour if possible. Standard length, 1* flat on the lie angle. Grips are a midsize Golf Pride MCC (I don't care about the color 😅)

I was blown away by the loft specs too...  (for reference my PW is 47* and my 4i is 24*). There's a little more offset in these too, but that shouldn't make a big difference.

The amount of testing opportunities lately has been pretty amazing! Best of luck to everyone that enters.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 11.43.30 AM.png

4 hours ago, Aur0nX said:

This one I need badly. My cobra forged tec 2020’s are breaking down. 2 of the ferrules have come loose and there a bunch of rust on the shaft under where it connects to the head. 

My last two Ping sets, i500 and i525, have both developed loose ferrules too.  I wonder at the quality control.  Is this happening to other line-ups as well?

Have been waiting for these irons, and love that they match the pro series!!! The Ai200 is for sure the dream set, and awesome upgrade from my Apex19.

IMG_7265.jpeg

This Test is now closed to further comments.