Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
6,596 signups
Equipment Type: Clubs
Vendor: TaylorMade

TMPseriesTW.jpg

TaylorMade has introduced three new products designed to elevate your golf game: the P·770 Irons, P·7CB Irons, and the Hi-Toe 4 Wedge. We’re looking for six golfers—two for each product—to test, review, and keep these clubs. This is your chance to see if TaylorMade’s claims hold up when these clubs are put to the test by real golfers like you!

hitoeTW.jpg

What you’ll be testing

TaylorMade P·770 Irons: These irons are crafted for golfers who desire a blend of distance and forgiveness within a compact design. The hollow body construction with SpeedFoam Air aims to combine power with precision, while also providing a soft feel on impact. They’re said to be perfect for those who want to shape their shots without compromising on distance.

TaylorMade P·7CB Irons: Aimed at golfers who value precision, these cavity-back irons blend a traditional look with modern engineering. They are built to deliver high levels of control and feedback, allowing for a variety of shot shapes. This should make them a top choice for those who prioritize accuracy and feel.

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 4 Wedge: This wedge is designed for versatility in short-game scenarios. Featuring full-face grooves and a high-toe design, it’s engineered to enhance spin and control, especially when executing open-faced shots. It’s intended to perform well in a range of conditions and lies, making it a go-to option for short-game enthusiasts.

The testing opportunity

We’re looking for six golfers to thoroughly test these clubs, focusing on their performance, fitting experience, and durability over time. Whether it’s on-course feedback or data from a launch monitor, we want detailed insights that will help the MyGolfSpy community understand how these clubs truly perform.

4.jpg

Open to all registered forum members worldwide.

Registration ends Aug. 29.

Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 3.

Testers must be willing to be fit for their selected product.

3.jpg

380 Comments

10 hours ago, David Rakoczy said:

The 241s or JPXs, my white whale is the  Azalea 241s!!! 

do you like them?

Tried all the new models....241/243/245 and the JPX and the 243 Pro's suited me best on trackman and on the course....you need to get fitted first....

I was between original p770s and the Mizuno JPX 921 forged when I last bought irons. I went with the mizunos but it is always in the back of my mind about getting p770s. The "what if" clubs, they could be the ones that got away.

MGS and TaylorMade are bringing the heat! 💣  

These folks will be so excited for the announcement for those chosen to test! They'll be jumping around like old Ernest Jenkins did when he had a good case of the jock itch.

So excited to see the TM P-770 and P-7CB irons available for testing.  TM has some of the most classic, beautiful looking irons on the market.  I would love to take part in this test and provide other amateurs who are interested in TM irons with quality feedback on feel, playability, and numbers.  Also, love the idea of being fit for these prior to testing to ensure the most accurate testing possible and the most enjoyable experience for the testers.  

Crazy testing opportunity that I can't wait to read about. Love my P760s and the consistency they give my game, wonder has it carried on in the P7CB. Interested to read about the wedges too as I think I might have to treat myself to an upgrade. Whoever gets a chance with any of these clubs is going to have fun 

Great opportunity for me if chosen! The P770's were my second choice when bought my titleist AP3's and I thought I hit the P's better but the A's felt better off the face. I would love to be able to compare the two against each other on the course instead of inside a fitting room.

Wayne52 

Of all things the P790’s and Ping G430’s were neck and neck at my hitting a few more baths back - these irons are sweet but beyond me at my stage of life / great opportunity - good luck to all - thanks TMag and our group. 

I play p770’s and they are nice indeed.mine are last version, which I must admit, are better looking than the new ones, but hey, the performance is good. The description sums it up nicely, compact, shareable, and good distance, and feel very good. Got Callaway wedges, which are ok, but hoping to test some hi toes!

good luck everyone

What a great opportunity to try two newly introduced models.  After being a lifelong Titleist iron player the new look TMs have caught my eye. I have never tried TM irons before and this would be a fantastic chance to do a deep-dive into the performance of these clubs. 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

This would be an awesome opportunity - 8 have been thinking of replacing my Mizuno Hit Metal Pro 919s.

On 8/24/2024 at 1:14 AM, Indy_Oz said:

🤯🔥🔥 wow, what an opportunity! 
I’ve hit these irons and both the P770 and CB feel and look fantastic. Combo set would be epic. 
I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on this test if not selected!

Edit: since trying these irons I’ve been wondering if (hoping) there would be an MGS test to see some good honest amateur golfer experience. My 2019 P790s have too many 'hot shots' that go big and I'd love to confirm (or refute) the claims that the P770 has been engineered to remove that- I need consistent distances. I'd love to get these on course and the sim and compare numbers across a whole set rather than just the 7-iron.

Also familiar with the hot spots on the P790s, mine were the 2017 edition, maybe the new version has addressed that issue. 

Great opportunity!!  I hope I get a chance to try the wedges; I've looked at these a few times and have a mixed bag of wedges. I'd love to get a set I can be confident with!!

These look amazing! I was so curious what the names of the irons would be when I saw them on Instagram with “proto” on them! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.