Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Edwin Watts

Has anyone on here ever used Edwin Watts for a full bag fitting?  They're one of the three options reasonably near me that offer club fittings.

Apologies if I didn't go back far enough in the forum to find a prior thread about this.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Has anyone on here ever used Edwin Watts for a full bag fitting?  They're one of the three options reasonably near me that offer club fittings.  

Apologies if I didn't go back far enough in the forum to find a prior thread about this.

I did a driver and irons fitting 15 years ago before the fitting craze, and did try a driver there 2 years ago with a buddy who works at one here in Louisiana. The issue is they’re limited in shaft choices as they only have what comes in the fitting carts. Irons may be easier to fit with out of the carts, but driver for me has not been successful. The EW in Shreveport has the reps come-out each year for a big demo day at a local course, and that’s usually better due to more shaft options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I got fitted for my irons there a few years ago, and bought my driver from them a year and a half ago.  It's just my experience, but the Edwin Watts guys are great cheerleaders ("Wow, what a great swing you have."🙄) but they are simply going to hand you whatever club you ask for, and then whatever decision you make is based on your opinion of indoor launch monitor results off of the mat.  They did do a proper lie board test to determine my lie angle, but it's really a very limited fitting that was nothing close to when I did a full PING fitting with the PING reps back in 2003.  I'll probably try and find a demo day the next time I am considering new clubs.  I need something a little more robust, and someone watching me hit who actually can guide me towards the best clubs for me, and not necessarily based on how I feel at that very moment, which will probably change the next day I hit a golf club.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Good to know.  I don't have very many options near me for fittings, so I'm just trying to do some research.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour