Bushnell warranty is fraudulent

Our Sponsors

For sure. Customer service makes or breaks companies these days especially with social media being word of mouth on steroids. Definitely look at TecTecTec or PrecisionPro. Both are excellent products with great customer service.

Absolutely, I'd rather buy a product from a company that has great customer service than one that offers the latest technology.

I'm a very happy PrecisionPro customer who had a problem and they immediately took care of it. No questions asked"
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mtnoneputt said:

I’ve had a Bushnell tour v4 slope edition for about one year.  I believe I paid about $400 for it.  It began to be very slow in returning a distance and the slope feature would not work.  I sent it back to Bushnell under their warranty policy.  They returned the laser along with some codes indicating that they found water damage and the warranty was void.  This is troubling because this laser has never been exposed to rain or water in any form.  Further the letter indicated the product was obsolete and their were no parts available.  

The popular golf sites can give reviews of a product brand new out of the box but they do not reflect how the product will hold up and how the company will honor its warranty.  It this case Bushnell has failed completely!!

Sorry to hear about your issues work Bushnell.  Surprised they didn't take care of you.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I know several people who have had similar experiences. For a company of that stature their customer service is very poor. I was looking at a GPS watch and the customer service reviews made me do further evaluations. I wound up going with a TecTecTec laser and the same brand gps watch. The cost is about a quarter of the Bushnells and they have very good customer service and just as accurate. I had an issue with the yardage read out image disapearing on the laser after about two years. They told me how to fix it within 15 minutes of sending an email. I followed the email instructions and it was corrected. Then they followed up with a call a day later to make sure everything was ok.

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

I've flown several times with a Bushnell 1500 and never had any issues that I would have to do this. Thanks though for the info!

On 8/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, PMookie said:

If I ever have to shop for another rangefinder I will only buy from Precision Pro. Their service can NOT be beaten, and their lasers are as good as anything else out there.

As a previous tester of the NX-7 Pro, I have to say that I've been very impressed my my nx-7 prep.  Still going strong after several years of user.  They took care of the battery a year ago for free 

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I had a warranty issue with a Bushnell rangefinder and their offer was 20% of MSRP, which means no warranty.  

Bushnell used to make quality products in the optic world about 30-40 years ago and were well known for that quality.....lately it is non existent.

I moved on to Vortex and their hunting rangefinders that carry a lifetime no questions warranty for the same price..... Simple

M4/M5 Driver Aldila Rogue 110 MSI 60g Stiff

TM Stage 2 Tour 13* Aldila Rogue 110MSI 60g Stiff

TM RBZ 5Wood TP Matrix Ozik HD6 Xstiff

TM RBS Hybrid Stage 2  4 22*  Rocketfuel 80h Stiff

Honma 747v irons 4-10 Pro Modus3 tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029

Titleist Pro V-1x 

• 1 month later...

I've never had to use their warranty as my V3 is 5 years old and still going strong. But I would say that didn't shed a very good light on them. I've been preparing for when this one does a d from the great stories I've heard, I think the Precision Pro will be a strong consideration.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Between my wife and I' we've had 3 different Bushnell units over the years (I won one in a raffle, didn't really need a new one), and never had a problem.  Obviously I can't speak to their customer support, I've never needed support.  But since this thread came back from the dead, I'm struck by the Original Post.  It was the first post by someone who joined on that day, apparently simply to slam Bushnell.  He's never posted again to answer or clarify anything.  To me, that diminishes his credibility a bit, just like one-time posters in Tripadvisor or any other forum that features customer opinions.  So that lack of credibility leads me to look at his claim that this unit has NEVER been exposed to rain or any other kind of moisture.  Really, not once in using the unit for a year?  Perhaps he's in the desert somewhere, perhaps its the truth, but for most golfers, rain and other moisture is something that we deal with pretty regularly.  I know that mine is out in the rain regularly (in its rubberized protective coat), and I don't have problems.  I'm not here to defend Bushnell, as I said I have no experience with their customer service, but the word of a drive-by Bushnell slammer doesn't really cause me much concern.  It seems just as likely that he dropped the unit in a pond, and was angry when Bushnell wouldn't replace it for free.

• Like 5

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia