Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Putter Making

I've designed my own putter, and had it CNC milled. It's freaking gorgeous, and I'm obsessed.

It has a flow-neck design, and unfortunately, the diameter male section that goes inside the shaft is just slightly too small for the .370" shaft it's used for. 

I've tried putting tape around the tip before inserting in the shaft, and it seemed to work, but only for about 2 hours of use, then the head came loose again. 

I'm using a lot of epoxy with glass beads, but don't want the putterhead to be wobbly or come loose. Any suggestions as to how to make it work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

WTIB

Driver 10.5*: Taylormade M6 10.5*, Aldila RIP 65gR

5Wood 18*: Taylormade 2016 M2 15* 55rFlex

2iron: Ping Zing Red Dot, Aldila Graphite R flex -or- 4Hybrid 22*: Titleist 913 Regular Flex 

3-PW(47): Nike Pro Vr Combos

52*: Cleveland CG15

56*: Cleveland CG16

3 minutes ago, cmtecca said:

I've designed my own putter, and had it CNC milled. It's freaking gorgeous, and I'm obsessed.

It has a flow-neck design, and unfortunately, the diameter male section that goes inside the shaft is just slightly too small for the .370" shaft it's used for. 

I've tried putting tape around the tip before inserting in the shaft, and it seemed to work, but only for about 2 hours of use, then the head came loose again. 

I'm using a lot of epoxy with glass beads, but don't want the putterhead to be wobbly or come loose. Any suggestions as to how to make it work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

use a .355" shaft instead? use a shim?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

use a .355" shaft instead? use a shim?

I've got 6 heads, and already bought 6 .370 shafts haha, so I guess I'll try the shim route.

Do you have experience with them? I've heard mixed reviews

WTIB

2iron: Ping Zing Red Dot, Aldila Graphite R flex -or- 4Hybrid 22*: Titleist 913 Regular Flex 

I've got 6 heads, and already bought 6 .370 shafts haha, so I guess I'll try the shim route.
Do you have experience with them? I've heard mixed reviews

No experience and I have never heard of anyone needing one for a
Putter. Another thought is to weld
Some more material on the stub.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You know I just put more epoxy in there, and kept it straight and it seems to be holding strong! Think I was just a lil nervous and used the tape when I didn't really need it.

Thanks for your help!

WTIB