My home made shaft remover...

Bang60

Been looking at buying one from Golfworks but just couldn't afford it, a friend has a puller so used his but you know it's not good annoying him too often So.. I've seen someone else who posted here showing how they did it (thanks) but couldn't find it so posted another one, the photo shows a head I couldn't remove using my crowbar style plus you will see how much pressure I've had to apply and 5mins it took to let go. Still need to finish up some minor work as my grinder won't reach to the end of the slot....

IMG_20220813_164530.jpg

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 8/13/2022 at 1:15 AM, Bang60 said:

Been looking at buying one from Golfworks but just couldn't afford it, a friend has a puller so used his but you know it's not good annoying him too often So.. I've seen someone else who posted here showing how they did it (thanks) but couldn't find it so posted another one, the photo shows a head I couldn't remove using my crowbar style plus you will see how much pressure I've had to apply and 5mins it took to let go. Still need to finish up some minor work as my grinder won't reach to the end of the slot....

IMG_20220813_164530.jpg

That will work fine---- I have a cheap o one I got from Golfworks years ago. I keep it lubed up and it still works well. But my shaft sizing disc is like yours getting worn and banged up

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That will work fine---- I have a cheap o one I got from Golfworks years ago. I keep it lubed up and it still works well. But my shaft sizing disc is like yours getting worn and banged up

Yeah the head was extremely difficult to remove and you can see how much pressure was needed, I'm going to get a steel disc made for steel shafts and save this one for graphite. I can now remove some Ping graphite shafts from old Ram heads I bought online for the shafts, I'm very happy how good this brake pad spreader works and grateful to the guy who posted his setup to give me the idea. I'd really like to buy that guy a beer, I've had a couple to thank him...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 4 months later...

Cant say i have. Altho i am looking at getting one!

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just work's so well and easy and cheap plus the best thing no bench vice needed,...

F clamp does the job...

• 6 months later...
On 12/19/2022 at 7:05 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Did you get one any good 👍