Radius Classic 1 Putter

I came across the Radius Classic 1 Putter at the PGA show in January - I was walking the show when I saw a shiny gold driver (United non-conforming driver) - as I walked into the booth, I quickly realized that there were many other pieces of eye candy for my viewing pleasure and before leaving the show, I managed to sneak the Radius Classic 1 into my bag.

06_radius.jpg

I didn't have much of a chance to really try out the putter in their booth, I just knew at first sight that it looked and felt right, and the headcover was pretty sexy.

01_radius.jpg

I've been gaming the Radius since February and haven't looked back.

09_radius.jpg

My ability to get the ball on line and control my distance has improved in huge ways over the Ghost Corza I was gaming before.

Sexy, black, mid-oversized mallet head weighing in at 350 grams puts a smile on my face with the stepless center shaft. Long, slender sight line, missing the line on my putts is fully my own fault now.

10_radius.jpg

Not a fan of slim putter grips, I quickly contacted Super Stroke to see if they could aid in my fascination with this putter and they soon sent me an assortment of colors and sizes of their grips. Now we are talking, a great putter paired to the perfect grip, black head, white grip with black lettering – now if I could only get a black and white checkered shaft!

03_radius.jpg

04_radius.jpg

Cut down to 31” I'm still happy with the weight and feel.

The cover – oh that beautiful cover with a British flag emblazoned for all of my playing partners to ponder. Yes, I am an American, but there is something deep down inside of me that loves the look of the British flag – and then there are those circles, bold and repeating, as if calling people to pull my putter out and try it without asking (and yes, this happens way more than you'd think)

02_radius.jpg

Unlike in Tony's Radius experience, I have not seen any degredation in the color on my Radius logo insert – I'm told that is because the new inserts are metallic and don't fade – I like to think it's because my putter sees more sunny days than Tony's and has put on a nice tan.

05_radius.jpg

The Classic 1 has a safe spot in my bag for the time being.

07_radius.jpg

08_radius.jpg

11_radius.jpg

I love the look of it. Small, simple, and clean.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

this looks like something I could really get into! If my SeeMore ever gets tired I may have to check one of these out.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Very nice looking putter. I am fully into center shafted putters right now. I'm going to do some research on this putter.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Reminds me of the SeeMore m5 SS and a few other of their putters, minus the RST. Looks nice.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived