2 hours ago, Steven Roche said:

Thank You for your service.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

On 4/24/2024 at 3:39 PM, Fieldrj said:

I still use my Garmin Approach S20 watch which ive had for many years now. I have debated upgrading to a newer watch with more features or buying a rangefiner. But i keep going back to the S20 because it has all i need. It gives me the back middle and front of the green distances, layup distances, hazard distances, and i can move the pin around to find more precise pin distances if i want. I dont need more functions like a touch screen or color display of the hole layout. I wont leave it in the cart and lose it like a rangefinder. Also, a new watch/rangefinder costs more than im willing to spend. 

The downside to my watch, ive had to replace the rubber strap and rubber loops to keep the tag end inplace, the battery doesnt last as long as it used to, and my course has a green with a lower left pin position that Garmin does not recognize on the watch display, but golf GPS apps like the GRINT allows me to find that distance when needed. 

I do like the abilility to look at my watch for a distance to hit without having the extra equipment or forgetting the rangefinder in the cart, especially when its cart path only, or when my cartner and I arnt playing good cart golf. 

Those are all my reasons why i personally prefer my simple golf watch

I agree 100%. Front, center, rear is all I need. I learned long ago I wasn't good enough to shoot at pins every hole so I typically try to leave my ball in the center (100yds + out) and it's helped my scoring immensely so typically giving me front and center is a I need to lock and load....

I've traveled the world clubs in hand. Thought Castle Stewart was better than The OLD Course. 

I use both I have a Garmin G80 as my GPS & I have a Blue Tees 3 Max as my rangefinder and use both on the course

Cobra Radspeed 10.5, TM SIM 15 3W, WilsonStaff D7 irons 4-GW TM hitoe 52 GW 56 SW and 60 LW Odyssey O Works 1 Blade Putter Play with Titleist ProV1 and Titleist AVX Yellow Balls

You use 2 range finders? My god, how slow are you? I have a feeling that AFTER analyzing your yardage you then pull 3 clubs from the bag, take a practice swing with each, pausing to visualize the shot, then decide which club, put the other two back, then go through your excruciating pre shot routine,  finally hit your shot, 7 minutes after getting to your ball. I've unfortunately been with guys who utilize multiple devices and honestly they take WAY to long. Use 1 device, trust it and shoot to the middle of the green. I've had both and love my Garmin S60 watch. Front, center, rear. All I need. Glance at watch, grab a club, lock and load..... 

I've traveled the world clubs in hand. Thought Castle Stewart was better than The OLD Course. 

I have used a Garmin watch in the past I prefer to use my Garmin Approach G-80 . It is nice to get a nice laser measurement from a range finder . It is helpful on the range as well . I will have to get one

Golf A Game For A Lifetime

Posted (edited)

I use an Apple Watch in combination with Arccos sensors along with my Bushnell rangefinder to get my disances The combination gives me options for getting distances, especially when I venture “off the beaten track.”  

Edited by MisterT
  • TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

I have had a Garmin S70 for about a month and it has been so much better then my old Bushnell rangefinder! reason 1 more accurate, I have very shaky hands so it was hard to get a good read on my rangefinder, but on my watch I look down and there it is. reason 2 Garmin's keep track of some good stats like score, pace of play and if you into exercise the S70 is great for tracking fitness stats as well. also I know watches are more expensive but Garmin has a great handheld, Garmin approach G12 that only tracks golf but get rid of the watch factor and is significantly cheaper than a new watch. to sum it up I think the watch is a better deal with all the features rather than a stander rangefinder. 

Blake peters

Hey all I use range finder. It’s the only device I use for now. I do utilize my yardage recordings in yardage book. 
I find that in obscure areas of each hole when I find myself there, yardage book really helps . Yardage books value is regularly played courses.

Taylor Made r11 s driver, Taylor Made Sim Max 3 wood, pinemeadow 5 wood, Callaway rogue x 4-A wedge, spinner lob wedge, Taylor made r7 draw sand wedge ping anser 2 putter. Play Birdsfoot golf club. 

On Black Friday last year, I bought a Garmin S12 watch for $129 and a Nikon 50I rangefinder for $199. I use the watch for quick checks and pull out the Nikon when elevation is in play. I enjoy the easily used technology of both.

Driver, fairways, irons are Sim 2 Max

Vokey wedges

Odyssey putter

Nitron Bag Boy