TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

Rangefinders

Posted (edited)

I've been debating the new CaddyTalk Cube, the Nikon coolshot with Stabilizer, or Bushnell V6. I'm curious on opinions?  I really like the caddy mode idea in the Caddytalk, as well as the idea of environmental slope (assuming it works), the Stablizer in the Nikon seems just excellent idea as I have a hard time keeping a steady hand when trying to get the flag, and from what I heard the Bushnell is just accurate and solid all around? 

I walk mostly, 17.3 handicap, and looking for something that is accurate, easy to use, durable. 

The other thing interesting, is I've head some of these rangefinders have bluetooth? Do they integrate with apps like the Grint?

Edited by Just_the_Chip

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

Posted (edited)

None of the above. I'd buy a Precision Pro Titan Elite if I was buying today - all the features for $100-200 less. Unfortunately my 4 year old Precision Pro NX7 Pro Slope may never die... 

https://mygolfspy.com/we-tried-it/this-new-rangefinder-is-elite/

Edited by Middler
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Middler did you look into their trade in program?  They will give you 30% off on a verified trade in.  Thinking about trading my NX9 for it.

default_callaway-small.jpg.419e1440f5daecba61eb0ba5ea26c6dc.jpg Paradym  9* GD Tour AD IZ 6x

default_callaway-small.jpg.419e1440f5daecba61eb0ba5ea26c6dc.jpg Paradym  3W GD Tour AD IZ 7s

default_callaway-small.jpg.419e1440f5daecba61eb0ba5ea26c6dc.jpg Paradym  5W Ventus Red 6s

default_srixon-small.jpg.b5a36c08f761fe837297189b18ed017d.jpg ZX5 4-5 Project X 6.0

default_srixon-small.jpg.b5a36c08f761fe837297189b18ed017d.jpg ZX7 6-PW Project X 6.0

default_taylormade-small.jpg.1b73274841551e76949cc65c63dba7eb.jpg MG4 48* Bent to 50*

default_taylormade-small.jpg.1b73274841551e76949cc65c63dba7eb.jpg MG2 TW Grind 56*

default_titelist-small.jpg.55af804348921dd22fb386a4ce39b299.jpg Vokey SM9 60* K Grind

default_odyssey-small.jpg.0a8151a3dfa7d15b833b2d6859543cb8.jpg AI-One Cruiser Jailbird

default_titelist-small.jpg.55af804348921dd22fb386a4ce39b299.jpg Pro V1

@Just_the_Chip I have an older Bushnell that just won’t quit. It’s a great rangefinder, and I’m sure the V6 would be a great pick. That said, I’m a bit like you in that it’s hard to steady at long distances.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

9 hours ago, Middler said:

None of the above. I'd buy a Precision Pro Titan Elite if I was buying today - all the features for $100-200 less. Unfortunately my 4 year old Precision Pro NX7 Pro Slope may never die... 

I love my NX7. I also use a Garmin G80, which is my go-to for 90% of what I need. The rangefinder gives me exact flag distance inside of 100 yards, and can help me confirm how for the flag is from the front or back of the green.

23 hours ago, Middler said:

https://mygolfspy.com/we-tried-it/this-new-rangefinder-is-elite/

Appreciate the input. I use The Grint combined with an apple watch, it does give the front middle and back of the green, but I also like a range finder where I can quickly shoot the front of bunkers, tree lines, and the flag. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

16 hours ago, Hacker60521 said:

@Just_the_Chip I have an older Bushnell that just won’t quit. It’s a great rangefinder, and I’m sure the V6 would be a great pick. That said, I’m a bit like you in that it’s hard to steady at long distances.

Thanks for the input. When I heard about the stabilization I thought that would be incredible. There are times with my super cheap Amazon gogosports rangefinder, that I don't know for sure if I'm getting flag or the tree behind it. 

I have the first Precision Pro rangefinder that lets you see front, middle, back, but I have found I have to keep the app running in the foreground on my phone to get the distances to work the whole round. It will work for 3-4 holes and hten stop and I have to go back to my phone and make sure the app is in the foreground even though I have background app updates and location set to always. The same thing happens with my Precision Pro Ace speaker.

Callaway Epic Speed Driver, Ping G410 3W, PXG 0311 XF 19* hybrid, 4-AW Callaway Mavrik, 56* Callaway Jaws Raw Chrome, Odyssey White Hot OG WS-1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:51 AM, Just_the_Chip said:

Thanks for the input. When I heard about the stabilization I thought that would be incredible. There are times with my super cheap Amazon gogosports rangefinder, that I don't know for sure if I'm getting flag or the tree behind it. 

My son has a gogogo and I have him hold down the button and scan up and down the flagstick to make sure he's getting the right distance as well as check for other markers to verify he's getting the right distance. It's cost him a couple of times in competition where he's flown the green because he didn't get the right distance. I actually noticed if I hit the flag I didn't get the right distance, but if I scanned halfway down the sitck, it would. It's like there's something out of alignment. MIght be from him dropping it so much.

Callaway Epic Speed Driver, Ping G410 3W, PXG 0311 XF 19* hybrid, 4-AW Callaway Mavrik, 56* Callaway Jaws Raw Chrome, Odyssey White Hot OG WS-1

On 6/6/2024 at 9:50 AM, Just_the_Chip said:

Appreciate the input. I use The Grint combined with an apple watch, it does give the front middle and back of the green, but I also like a range finder where I can quickly shoot the front of bunkers, tree lines, and the flag. 

Sorry I didn’t pick up on the Grint requirement, good luck with your choice.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)