Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,334 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

This would be great as I am looking to try some different wedges this year from 50 54, 58  setup.  I’ve been struggling with my 50 (it’s from my set) and my from sand is always a guess. Appreciate the opportunity! 

Below are my results from WebFit. 

IMG_3183.png

IMG_3185.jpeg

I'd be really excited to try these out. I love my Ping Glides from 2016. And I feel I am a really great wedge player. I love to work the different lofts with different face angles to hit different trajectories. 

Screenshot_20240308_160046_Chrome.jpg.83d7701b496e38d636c5e206dffe4583.jpg

This test couldn't come at a better time, as I'm looking to get fitted for new wedges in the next 2-3 months.  I was most likely looking at TM, Titleist, or Cleveland, but I suppose I could settle on some Ping's.  Sounds like a great opportunity for whomever gets chosen.  Good luck to all!

image.png.f3ab546e53ee194536294ac4b628e73d.png

Sounds like an awesome opportunity. I have always played either Cleveland or Scratch wedges. I've never tried Ping wedges, but the WebFit was neat to use. It was nice to check out the grind profiles, but doesn't have the same impact on me as looking at and soling the club. 

IMG_8621.PNG

Awesome opportunity.  Have been looking into wedges as my current set (Vokey SM8's) is getting worn and needs replacing. Figured I'd replace like for like but started looking at some different options.  As for the WebFit App I thought it was fantastic.  Returned two options one identical to what I fit into with the Vokeys and also suggested the same gapping that I have now (50/56/60) which I thought was interesting because I've always thought about gapping based strictly on having the same degree difference between clubs and only went with the 50 (instead of a 52) because it was a gift.

image.png.281a98b75fa1e1a0367f16b1c0331921.png

Been playing a Maltby TSW forged wedge with a SF shaft for the last 3+ years with a 6* bounce and loving it. No issue with digging at all. Did play Ping at one time (most of us had) and last wedge was a Vokey. My other 2 wedges are PXG, but my go to around the green anywhere within 30 yards is my Maltby!

Been playing Vokeys and Pings back and forth for the last 4 years. I use 3 wedges, 52, 56 and 60. Use them multiple times per round. Would love to test the bounce on Puerto Rico courses.

Since I can’t hit a green, I rely on my wedges more and have become somewhat of a wedge snob. Living 30 minutes from Ping, you’d think I’d have more of their clubs and lately they’ve come out with some good looking stuff. These have intrigued me the most. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I specifically enjoyed the gapping feature. I imagine that this would really improve appropriate distances for each wedge in the bag. I would be so excited to try this!

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

This Test is now closed to further comments.